Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Stranger Danger

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the graphics.

I never played the PS3 versions, but considering the first game is 8 years old I wasn't expecting it to be quite so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the graphics.

I never played the PS3 versions, but considering the first game is 8 years old I wasn't expecting it to be quite so good.

I agree although you can notice where they decided to ignore or put feck all effort into.

it will be interesting to see how the graphics improve in each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Unchartered collection is €43 on simply games

the first game on the 2nd hardest difficulty is too hard. the enemy just run toward you in gangs and I'm forced to run away or be killed.

I got platinum on the 3rd game on PS3 and that felt so much easier on that difficulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Playing through the first one right now, I don't think it's aged particularly well, hoping the other two stand up more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Playing through the first one right now, I don't think it's aged particularly well, hoping the other two stand up more.

I haven't played the remastered 2 and 3, but I played them on the PS3 recently and they were absolutely great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Was addicted to these games when they came out on PS3. It was only when I got Golden Abyss for the Vita that I went for a platinum (my first, and I was a backpacker at the time living in a car in New Zealand so had oodles of time). Bought the collection again last week, decided to go for plats in all as I've played the story in each many times before.......I immediately regret my decision. Just finished chapter 4 in Drakes Fortune on crushing. Mother of Jehova strike me down... What have I done!!!! This is unbearable. I don't think my batarang ( I mean controller) will last another chapter let alone 3 full games.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭LauraW7746

Just finished the first game, does anyone know if you can earn trophies playing on explorer difficulty?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    Just finished the first game, does anyone know if you can earn trophies playing on explorer difficulty?

Yeah I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Finished Part 1 - addictive as hell, managed to stay up until 4 playing it the first night I got it (just like old times) and finished it the next day. What a great game, mind I did it on normal, I dont think I'd have been able for the spaniards on hard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Had day off today and started this; never played them before! Enjoying the first game alright but hope the next two are better! Enjoyable though as the day slipped by too quickly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The 2nd is definitely the best of the series. A pretty significant improvement on the first imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I never got into the first one too much. But 2 and 3 are fantastic, with 2 being the best of the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I've just finished two yesterday after beating one about a week ago. First time playing them.

Two is undeniably a vastly superior game, one of the best games I've ever played, but that is to be expected from a sequel. Lets not forget, the first game came out in 2007. That blew my mind when playing it for the first time last week. It does not feel like a 2007 game to me. God of War II came out on PS2 that year. Naughty Dog really are stand outs in an industry with a lot of great developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

I finished the first on last week and started the second last night and I'm absolutely loving it. Coming from 360 I've never played them before but cannot wait for the fourth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

As an uncharted veteran I'm asking the uncharted veterans that have played This should I play the collection and risk my good memories with the series or will playing this make me really pumped for 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

brady12 wrote: »
    As an uncharted veteran I'm asking the uncharted veterans that have played This should I play the collection and risk my good memories with the series or will playing this make me really pumped for 4?

I think it's worth it. I'm really enjoying playing through Drakes Fortune at the moment, it's bringing back memories I'd forgotten about and small story arcs that completely fell off my radar.

Also playing Drakes Fortune has me incredibly pumped to play Uncharted 2, never mind 4 so I imagine when I get all 3 done I'll be hugely pumped.

Definitely worth it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think it's worth it. I'm really enjoying playing through Drakes Fortune at the moment, it's bringing back memories I'd forgotten about and small story arcs that completely fell off my radar.

Also playing Drakes Fortune has me incredibly pumped to play Uncharted 2, never mind 4 so I imagine when I get all 3 done I'll be hugely pumped.

Definitely worth it :)

Sold! :D

Is the first uncharted considered a classic? At times I found it dull and the storyline to be not interesting. Gameplay was crap but it's an ancient game. So far uncharted 2 is 10 times better in all aspects.

Where did the blonde reporter vanish to though? She's been replaced with a dark haired vixen lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Is the first uncharted considered a classic? At times I found it dull and the storyline to be not interesting. Gameplay was crap but it's an ancient game. So far uncharted 2 is 10 times better in all aspects.

UC 1 was considered decent on release. It was UC 2 that launched the franchise into the stratosphere.

• Advertisement

UC 1 was considered decent on release. It was UC 2 that launched the franchise into the stratosphere.

Yeah it shows. I guess UC1 was like a ps2 game as it was out not long after PS3 launch?

Really enjoying UC2

The makers of temple run were really good fans of uncharted 2..haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Bought this today in Argos. Played Drake's Fortune more than once before (and the other two games once each) but still looking forward to playing it again.

It looks fantastic and the sound quality is impeccable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Multiplayer Beta for Uncharted 4 starts on Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Picked this up on release and it took me an age to play through Uncharted 1 (never played any of these before), thought it was a bit meh and got monotinous and repetitive very quickly, started Uncharted 2 at weekend and the start of it I felt was more of the same but I have quickly become engrossed and hooked on it, really am enjoying it a lot and glad that I ave got into the games as was very underwhelmed at the start, only about 50% through so hope the remainder of 2 and Uncharted 3 are as enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Sooo, i started this last week and although it looks great, the first games gameplay is lacking, its just very boring so far. Does it get much better from game 2 on? or is it just really dull at the start of the game and im jumping the gun?

If so i'd be tempted to just watch the cutscenes on youtube and get cracking on the second game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

nix wrote: »
    Sooo, i started this last week and although it looks great, the first games gameplay is lacking, its just very boring so far. Does it get much better from game 2 on? or is it just really dull at the start of the game and im jumping the gun?

If so i'd be tempted to just watch the cutscenes on youtube and get cracking on the second game.

It's worth seeing through to the end, it's a bit shorter than the sequels and is still pretty enjoyable, to be fair, the Original is about 8 or 9 years old now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

It's a fair bit behind the second game in terms of quality, but I thought it improved as it went on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Anyone still playing through these?

Picked this up on sale on the PS store before Christmas but only started playing it a week or 2 ago. Didn't own a PS3 so this was my first experience of Uncharted.

Finished UC1 on hard last night, took just under 8hrs. As a game it's grand, as in middle of the road grand. I found it a little bit repetitive, if you break it down it essentially a case of move from one shoot-out area to the next.

However overall I did like it and am really looking forward to starting Uncharted 2 which as everyone says is vastly superior.

It will be interesting for me to see how the collection as a whole stands up to the Tomb Raider reboot. I played that when it came out on GWG and really liked it. I know Tomb Raider borrowed heavily from UC so will be good to compare UC2 and UC3 to it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was recently playing it, having got the collection. Did play one of them on ps3, think it was the one after this. It is a little dull now, especially as I have Fallout 4 as competition!

Advertisement