Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Anyone still playing through these?

Picked this up on sale on the PS store before Christmas but only started playing it a week or 2 ago. Didn't own a PS3 so this was my first experience of Uncharted.

Finished UC1 on hard last night, took just under 8hrs. As a game it's grand, as in middle of the road grand. I found it a little bit repetitive, if you break it down it essentially a case of move from one shoot-out area to the next.

However overall I did like it and am really looking forward to starting Uncharted 2 which as everyone says is vastly superior.

It will be interesting for me to see how the collection as a whole stands up to the Tomb Raider reboot. I played that when it came out on GWG and really liked it. I know Tomb Raider borrowed heavily from UC so will be good to compare UC2 and UC3 to it.

Funny with tomb raider, I liked it but the parts I liked were all UC parts, UC games just have awesome stories tomb raider(For me) doesnt have

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and I'm surprised at how much fun it is playing through the original.
    Certainly more fun than Gears of War Ultimate, which got promptly traded in!
    What's benefited Uncharted is ditching the sixaxis stuff, and the game looks and plays great, with the mocap and voice acting as polished as ever.
    The exclusion of these PSVita game is odd, but perhaps it would have been uneconomical to have rebuilt it with PS4 level assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Picked this up the other day having never played any of the series.

I'm 35% through Drakes fortune and I'm wondering if it's worth playing through or just moving on to the sequel? Would I miss much? Should I expect a jump in quality at any point in this game or the next?

I want to give it every chance but I'm just finding it a chore to get through.

Move to new location.
    Cover and shoot.
    Rinse and repeat.

I appreciate that I'm probably being harsh on it due to its age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Essien wrote: »

I'm 35% through Drakes fortune and I'm wondering if it's worth playing through or just moving on to the sequel? Would I miss much? Should I expect a jump in quality at any point in this game or the next?

Move to new location.
    Cover and shoot.
    Rinse and repeat.

I never played the first one and I kinda regret it. My advice would be to just stick it out. The second is a phenomenal game, one of the all time greats, and the third is also excellent, so you can look forward to those.

You're 35% through but does that take into consideration all the collectables, etc? You could be further along in the game than you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,713 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Essien wrote: »

Move to new location.
    Cover and shoot.
    Rinse and repeat.

The first one doesn't deviate from that style at all and the two after aren't too much different stylistically but the second game really does shine brightly.

If you like good storytelling/voice acting/directing while also being a rare very funny video game series I'd stick with it. It's an incredible trio of games. Finish the first game, if even only to know the full story going into the second game so you get full emotions etc.

Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm new to Uncharted. Haven't played any of them apart from Thief's End and Drake's Fortune. Only have one trophy left to Platinum Drake's Fortune which is the Crushing difficulty one. I've also done some of the 'extended' Trophies which don't seem as challenging.

So apart from playing 50% of the Uncharted games, you are new to the series :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

That's fairly impressive. Don't think I played it on crushing, can't remember, I may have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Im new to ps4, only finally picked it up when I got a good deal.

Found Drakes fortune a real slog to get through tbh, but I was happy enough to have finished in the end.

2 is a big jump in quality, that opening scene with the train and then the robbery was class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I can remember playing Drake's Fortune on my newly acquired 720p Bush TV and thinking "this is the pinnacle of graphics" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can remember playing Drake's Fortune on my newly acquired 720p Bush TV and thinking "this is the pinnacle of graphics" :D

I'm the same. Anytime I see someone criticising it I feel the urge to rush to its defence. Then I think "You're living in the past gimli, move on"
    I loved that game when it came out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,771 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Just finished crushing on the first three games. They weren't so bad. Just need to be patient with them. I don't think I could bring myself to playing them all again in brutal mode though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

So apart from playing 50% of the Uncharted games, you are new to the series :pac::pac:

50% of the main series but only 25% of all the Uncharted games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Picked this up on the current sale. Having never played an Uncharted game before I ploughed through the first one over the weekend. Had read it hadn't aged well but found it grand and not nearly as much of a chore to play through as folks had made out. Story is fairly one dimensional and the continuous waves of the same pirates got tedious after not too long but can see how it was well regarded at release.

Started into Uncharted 2 and its a big jump in quality and story so far. About 25% through the game already but will probably give it a break after tonight so I don't get Uncharted burnout.

Was gonna pick up 4 in  the sale also but by the time I get through the rest I'm sure it will be discounted again. Have plenty to keep me going from the current sale in the meantime between HZD, GoW and Shadow of the Colossus. There's a lot to be said for getting on board with a console platform late in the generation, I've never had so many quality games to catch up on.

Advertisement