Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 7 & Android Updates

Options
  • 04-06-2015 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking for a 7" tablet at the minute and just wanted to ask if the Nexus 7 is/will continue to be receiving Android updates?

- AFAIK the last N7 was released in late 2013 and it originally shipped with Android 4.2/4.3 - So am just wondering if I bought one today whats the OS out of the box and can it be upgraded officially to Lollipop 5.1.1? (PS I'm not interested in rooting/ROMs and all that comes with this due to prior bad exp!!!!)

Hoping that whatever I buy will have stock Android as don't see the need for manufacturers to tamper with it, mess it up and then fail to ever release an update as they can tend to do!

Thanks,

Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Hi All,

I'm looking for a 7" tablet at the minute and just wanted to ask if the Nexus 7 is/will continue to be receiving Android updates?

- AFAIK the last N7 was released in late 2013 and it originally shipped with Android 4.2/4.3 - So am just wondering if I bought one today whats the OS out of the box and can it be upgraded officially to Lollipop 5.1.1? (PS I'm not interested in rooting/ROMs and all that comes with this due to prior bad exp!!!!)

Hoping that whatever I buy will have stock Android as don't see the need for manufacturers to tamper with it, mess it up and then fail to ever release an update as they can tend to do!

Thanks,

Jack

Afaik the nexus 7 is due to stop getting updates. I'm not sure what os it would run out of the box.

Advertisement