Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Irish Dinosaur Species?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

Maybe, but probably not. Most of the rock in Ireland is way to old to find Dinosaurs in.

However, there is some rock of the right age in Ulster (Antrim and Cavan, I think). And apparently people have found fragments of fossils of dinosaurs (see here) and sea reptiles (e.g. Ichthyosaurs).

There are fragments of these on display in the natural history museum in Dublin and Ulster Museum in Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Old thread: apologies.

My son is interested in dinosaurs.
    Is it worth traveling to the Ulster museum from the Dublin region? Is there much to see? He is probably expecting to see whole dinosaur skeletons. Any other Irish locations worth visiting, from a 7 year old's point of view?

Cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

A little out of range, but Edinburgh Museum has a fantastic display with an interactive display for children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Manach wrote: »
    A little out of range, but Edinburgh Museum has a fantastic display with an interactive display for children.

Cheers. I have not been in Edinburgh in ages. I'll keep it in mind but I think all travel with the kids is pretty much mapped out for this year.

Advertisement