Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glohealth and International Cover

Options
  • 04-06-2015 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Moved to Glohealth from VHI last year and once again, am regretting the move.

Am trying to sort out travel insurance.

The providers I have spoken to (Multitrip/AA/Allianz/Blu) obviously take into account whether or not you have private health insurance. Which we do. But none will accept Glohealth. For example, see this list from Blue Insurance
    https://www.blueinsurance.ie/pop_pmi.asp

There is no mention of hospital cover abroad in the policy document I got from Glohealth and I can find no mention of it on the website.

I will keep trying to get through but can anyone here shine a light on this?

Cheers
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

What GloHealth plan have you got and did you choose the International Health and Travel personalised package?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

LostArt wrote: »
    What GloHealth plan have you got and did you choose the International Health and Travel personalised package?

No, unfortunately. Thought I could just buy travel insurance if I needed it :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

The Travel and International Package is one of their complimentary add ons costs nothing an and one you can switch into anytime. Give them a call and they will tell you what it covers. its also on their website glohealth.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The Travel and International Package is one of their complimentary add ons costs nothing an and one you can switch into anytime. Give them a call and they will tell you what it covers. its also on their website glohealth.ie

That's incorrect. I called GloHealth and you can only change your complimentary packages when your policy is up for renewal for another year.

You can't even pay them extra to add the travel and international package onto your existing policy as an extra. They gave me the number of an external travel insurance company (whose name I can't remember) and told me I'd have to call them directly to arrange something. I called them and sat on hold twice but never got to talk to someone.

I gave up and eventually multitrip.ie accepted that having my GloHealth policy was the equivalent of having no private health insurance in terms of treatment abroad and I was able to purchase the appropriate travel insurance policy from multitrip.

Advertisement