Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Darkness New Album - The Last of Our Kind

Options
  • 04-06-2015 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭

Anyone take a listen to it yet? I picked it up and I think its really good, its definitely much closer in quality to Permission to Land than their other albums in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Got it myself. Really enjoying it so far. Some great tracks on it. Open Fire is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Similar to my opinion of their first album, I think the the first half is really really strong, with the quality dipping a little for the second half.

I love Roaring Waters guitar rift, I find the drum part towards the end a little strange though (around the 2:50 mark), it just doesn't sound right to me , it sounds like the timing of the drums changes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

There are some very good songs on this album. Its a melting pot of musical rock styles , that will surprise alot of people. Definitely their best since their debut

Standouts for me are Barbarian , open fire,Roaring Waters,Wheels of the Machine, Mudslide, Hammer and Tongs

I think last of our kind, and Sarah o sarah are the weakest tracks. I like the last track but it feels like from another album

Advertisement