Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your opinion on Knockmaree in Chapelizod

Options
  • 04-06-2015 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi everyone,

my partner and I are looking at houses and flats for sale in Chapelizod. We are interested in a duplex in Knockmaree estate which is exactly what we are looking for, however we live in the Mill Race (Chapelizod as well) and do not know Knockmaree. Has anyone lived there or is living there still and could tell us a little bit about it? Does the noise from the N4 behind it ever get too loud? Is it safe? Are the walls thick enough that you don't hear the neighbours?
    We wouldn't want to discover all the bad sides of the estate after having signed the papers! Thx!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I lived in a duplex in Knockmaree for a total of 6 weeks, there was termites in the walls so that was reason why we left. Also, I was constantly woken up by people walking around in their heels upstairs so the walls aren't thick at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jbombon

The flat we're looking at is a townhouse, therefore there's no one upstairs... Could you hear people in the flats next to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭markphillips

I lived in one of the townhouses in Knockmaree all of last year. I loved the location, and the place was very nice. However, it was very badly sound insulated. We could hear everything, from coughing and crying kids in the room next to us, to kitchen conversaitions in our bathroom! I'd hate to hear what those neighbours had to hear as they had their breakfast.

It's a real pity, as the development is nice and the location is fantastic, but I really couldn't recommend these due to the noise. We lived next to a single lady, and a family with 2 kids, and could hear everything even though they weren't being loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Perciville

Lived in one of the apartments for a few years. Sound insulation not great but no better or worse than any other apartment I've lived in. Noise from the N4 not an issue. Nice interior finish to the apartment, nice location, safe enough etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jbombon

Thank you everyone for your help :)

We have settled on a detached house in Lucan (Hillcrest estate), much better value than Chapelizod, and we really like the village!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

jbombon wrote: »
    Thank you everyone for your help :)

We have settled on a detached house in Lucan (Hillcrest estate), much better value than Chapelizod, and we really like the village!

we live on the other side of lucan. it's a really really lovely village. We are hoping to buy our first house next year and hope to stay in the area. Ye have Tesco near ye and supervalu.

Enjoy!!

Advertisement