Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download speed for game

Options
  • 04-06-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

No clue about gaming etc. but house guest is trying to download League of Legends in their own language. My local 'Ookla Speedtest' says my download speed (in the shticks:( ) in c.2.4mbps , they've had the computer on for 10hrs now but have only managed to download 39% of 3.952GB.
    Are there any quicker ways to download the game :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Try connecting their machine to the router using an Ethernet cable. That seems awfully slow though

Try connecting their machine to the router using an Ethernet cable. That seems awfully slow though

He'd really only see slight improvement in pings unless there is a big distance to the router / thick walls etc etc.

At those speeds and given he's rural I'd say he's doing pretty well as it is unfortunately :(

I'm rural and that's slow to me, I get noticeable improvements when I switch to wired in fairness.

Best bet is a big of patience OP, you won't be able to double your speeds or anything

I'm rural and that's slow to me, I get noticeable improvements when I switch to wired in fairness.

Best bet is a big of patience OP, you won't be able to double your speeds or anything

I'm only basing it on family who live a distance from towns, they are getting miserable speeds of about 1mb down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Ban his MAC address :p

• Advertisement

I'm only basing it on family who live a distance from towns, they are getting miserable speeds of about 1mb down :(

Try 300kbs :p Justs to over 500 (:pac:) if I wire it, which is my own personal experience

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Switched to wired, wireless is absolute gash for download speeds and game ping.

Advertisement