Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple Phone Lines?

Options
  • 04-06-2015 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Can I have multiple phone lines but they are all the same telephone number?

If so is there a limit? 2, 8, 16 or more?

At what point do I need hardware to manage it? How much does the equipment cost?

I looked around the eircom website but nothing leapt out at me.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TommyMacca wrote: »
    Can I have multiple phone lines but they are all the same telephone number?

If so is there a limit? 2, 8, 16 or more?

At what point do I need hardware to manage it? How much does the equipment cost?

I looked around the eircom website but nothing leapt out at me.

Cheers
    Hi TommyMacca

An additional socket to one basic PSTN line is an option but not one I would recommend if your interested in more than 2.

To the best of my knowledge to have multiple lines working off the same number you should explore your options with an ISDN line and a business sytem (PBX / PABX) with a block of extension points (DDI) - In such a set up there would be 2 main number over one line and a list of 10 extension numbers which upon receiving inbound calls can "hunt" to each other (basically meaning if a call is missed it goes to the next extension number without it dropping).

DDI means "direct dial inwards" but again you will need an ISDN line for this and possible a PBX

To discover more on these options please contact eircoms business team on 1800601701

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TommyMacca

Hi Al

OK thanks for your help. I will give the Eircom business team a ring.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TommyMacca wrote: »
    Hi Al

OK thanks for your help. I will give the Eircom business team a ring.

Cheers.
    No worries TommyMacca

Cheers
    Al

Advertisement