Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to clean games

Options
  • 04-06-2015 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

Im having problems playing certain games on my ps3 of late. What might you recommend for cleaning games?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If it's all games more than likely it's the Blu Ray drive on the machine dying. Like all Sony products the optical drives in the PS3 are garbage. If it's scratched games then the best thing to do is take them down to CEX or some Smyths and they will resurface them for a small fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If it's all games more than likely it's the Blu Ray drive on the machine dying. Like all Sony products the optical drives in the PS3 are garbage. If it's scratched games then the best thing to do is take them down to CEX or some Smyths and they will resurface them for a small fee.

I've always taken care of my discs be it cd, dvd etc... and the games I'm having problems with are spotless.
    Is there any easy fix for the blu ray drive?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've always taken care of my discs be it cd, dvd etc... and the games I'm having problems with are spotless.
    Is there any easy fix for the blu ray drive?

Outside of replacing it with a new one, no unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The drive is cheap enough iirc, an easy thing to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_nkw=ps3+blu+ray+drive&isNewKw=1&mfs=KWCLK&acimp=0&trksid=m2428.l1311.R1.TR10.TRC0.Xps3+b&sqp=ps3+b
    They're 40-60 euro, not sure if model dependant e.g. fat and slim PS3 have different ones.

Www.ifixit.com has all the tutorials and tools needed, should be able to get the screwdrivers for 2 or 3 euro each from eBay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Thanks for the replies lads.

Advertisement