Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merrion Exchange

Options
  • 04-06-2015 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

Is this exchange fibre enabled yet? 

Your efibre map says coming June 2015 - I did a live chat with one of your team and they said I could get fibre now at 15Mbps, considering I get 12Mbps I found this hard to believe, so thought I'd check in with you here? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ahbell wrote: »

Your efibre map says coming June 2015 - I did a live chat with one of your team and they said I could get fibre now at 15Mbps, considering I get 12Mbps I found this hard to believe, so thought I'd check in with you here? 
    Hi ahbell

Feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll investigate this further for you

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Hi

Feel free to PM me your land line number and I'll investigate this further for you

Cheers
    Al
    Have sent you that now, thanks. 

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

I see your line is connected directly to the exchange rather than an efibre cabinet. The exchange based efibre cab is called MER1_E01 which is at this moment in time approaching completion of works. While there is no specific launch date agreed yet the best indication we can offer is that it should launch within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

I see your line is connected directly to the exchange rather than an efibre cabinet. The exchange based efibre cab is called MER1_E01 which is at this moment in time approaching completion of works. While there is no specific launch date agreed yet the best indication we can offer is that it should launch within the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks
    Al
    Nice one thanks, is there any indication of expected speed? 

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

Thanks
    Al
    Until the service is available I'll be unable to offer you an indication I'm afraid. Up to 100Mb is usually advised although it's important to highlight the 'up to' in that respect.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

Thanks
    Al
    Until the service is available I'll be unable to offer you an indication I'm afraid. Up to 100Mb is usually advised although it's important to highlight the 'up to' in that respect.

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks again - Sorry last question I promise. I'm guessing as its a fibre to the cabinet service if I'm connected directly to the exchange rather than cabinet there's a high likelihood I'll see no improved speed even when fibre is enabled in my area? 

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks again - Sorry last question I promise. I'm guessing as its a fibre to the cabinet service if I'm connected directly to the exchange rather than cabinet there's a high likelihood I'll see no improved speed even when fibre is enabled in my area? 
    No worries at all ahbell,

Not exactly, as it's a new fibre line a noticeable improvement would be expected if you decided to sign up to it. It really depends on the distance you are from the exchange though. 2Km is the max distance which should offer speeds of 12 to 15Mb and closer the distance faster the speeds.

Cheers
    Al

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al

Not exactly, as it's a new fibre line a noticeable improvement would be expected if you decided to sign up to it. It really depends on the distance you are from the exchange though. 2Km is the max distance which should offer speeds of 12 to 15Mb and closer the distance faster the speeds.

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers Al, fingers crossed I'll be able to get some fibre-esque speeds. 

Hi

Cheers
    Al
    Hi ahbell

Thanks for you PM,

Thanks
    Al

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    Cheers Al, fingers crossed I'll be able to get some fibre-esque speeds. 
    No worries ahbell - fingers crossed - hopefully I'll have some good news for you in the next couple of weeks :)

Al

Hi there, just wondering if there's an update on this exchange yet? Your website still says Merrion is launching in June 2015. 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi there, just wondering if there's an update on this exchange yet? Your website still says Merrion is launching in June 2015. 
    I will check and see ahbell, hope to have update tomorrow, Friday.
    Tony

Tony
    Thanks Tony

Tony
    Any update on this please Tony? 

Tony
    Hi ahbell

I'm very happy to confirm the eFibre has now launched at the merrion exchange and I can also confirm an eFibre upgrade is now available to your line. If you are interested in eircoms eFibre broadband please feel free to contact eircoms sales team via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or call sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al

Tony
    Hi ahbell

I'm very happy to confirm the eFibre has now launched at the merrion exchange and I can also confirm an eFibre upgrade is now available to your line. If you are interested in eircoms eFibre broadband please feel free to contact eircoms sales team via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow or call sales on free phone 1800503303.

Thanks
    Al
    Great stuff, thanks Al. Before I call up do you have an indication of estimated speeds? I know earlier you said I was connected directly to the exchange which may slow things down? Cheers. 

Tony
    Hi ahbell

Thanks
    Al
    Great stuff, thanks Al. Before I call up do you have an indication of estimated speeds? I know earlier you said I was connected directly to the exchange which may slow things down? Cheers. 
    No problem ahbell

I'm afraid I do not have access to such details for lines currently not with eircom although if you contact sales they should be able to clarify further.

Thanks
    Al

Tony
    Hi ahbell

Thanks
    Al
    No problem ahbell

I'm afraid I do not have access to such details for lines currently not with eircom although if you contact sales they should be able to clarify further.

Thanks
    Al
    12Mb/s on fibre! Only 2 Mb/s faster than what I get with ADSL :(

Tony
    Hi ahbell

Thanks
    Al
    No problem ahbell

Thanks
    Al
    12Mb/s on fibre! Only 2 Mb/s faster than what I get with ADSL :(
    Very Sorry to hear this ahbell

The distance from the cabinet creates this, for more detailed information please see the distance graph in this link: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement