Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men Comics

• 04-06-2015 1:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Any fans here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Pretty much can't remember ever enjoying an X-Men comic... Be interested to hear of any worthwhile arcs.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Some good x men runs are Grant Morrison, Joss Whedon and Mike Carey.

In terms of spin off x-men stuff I enjoyed Exiles by Judd Winick, The new magneto book by Cullen and Wolverine by Jason Aaron.

I hope Marvel rumored plans for the x-men books don't come through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I'd pretty much read anything by Jason Aaron. Currently reading Peter David's X-Factor after seeing it highly recommended on here and it's absolutely top quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I'd pretty much read anything by Jason Aaron. Currently reading Peter David's X-Factor after seeing it highly recommended on here and it's absolutely top quality.

The PAD X Factor run was great. A few bumps but overall he told the stories he wanted to.

I've been playing catch up on books the last year. Found the schism to be silly but enjoyed what came out of it. And have loved every Cyclops vs "good guy" stand off.

Plus they've been doing some crazy ass stuff between past and future teams popping in. Powers being messed up and of course the phoenix Five.
    And Axis as a plot i have no idea how it got Green lit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

As story arcs go, I have read,
    Age of apocalypse,
    Decimation,
    House of M,
    Messiah complex,
    Dark angel..

Any other recommendations..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Uncanny X-Force by Rick Remender is pretty great bar the "otherworld" volume.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

As story arcs go, I have read,
    Age of apocalypse,
    Decimation,
    House of M,
    Messiah complex,
    Dark angel..

Any other recommendations..

Onslaught and Zero Tolerance maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Ridley

I don't know how easy they are to come by these days since the line has ended but you could just try the Essential X-Men books which covers Chris Claremont's 1975-1991 run and read upwards (if you don't mind their being black and white)?

Not to be confused with Essential CLassic X-Men which is the original 1960s stuff.

The Epic Collections will presumably tackle it all as well but they don't get published in order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

I think my favorite of the the X-events is probably X-Tinction Agenda.

Possibly the first big one I read on the X Books. And it really seemed like they where fecked entirely.
    A handy guide to the big X-events
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:X-Men_storylines

Advertisement