Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Kindle to Get?

• 04-06-2015 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm doing my Leaving Cert next year and I'm saving up for a kindle so that I can download all the exam papers and marking schemes, along with a few audio books for listening and such. Since the Paperwhite doesn't have audio, would my best bet be to get the Kindle Fire HDX 7? I don't think it's worth getting the 8.9 just yet since many of its features won't come in handy to me and I'd be using it for reading more than anything else. So should I stick with the Fire HDX 7?
    Also, would the 16gb do for me? I'd probably have about 100-150 exam papers, aronud 10-12 books, 30 or so audios and perhaps a few dozen photos in total..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Personally I would steer clear of getting a tablet for the purposes of study. You can easily get distracted by apps and obviously the net. You can make notes on previous exam papers too which would be beneficial to your study.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

I see what you mean. However, I'll be going on holidays for a month and because bringing over all the papers with me won't exactly be the most feasible solution,I'd be running out of alternatives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

The old Sony ereaders, I think it was the 505 could play mp3's. You should be able to pick up a second hand one for €40!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

Thank you but then, that's as ffar as it goes, and I won't be too sure about its durability..

Advertisement