Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston College v Georgia Tech @ Aviva Stadium 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

adrian522 wrote: »
    Your tune will change if you move to the west coast. You'll be sauntering out of bed at lunchtime on Sunday and most of the football will already be over. And you'll miss a good chunk of Monday night football becuase you'll still be in work, so all these times are geared towards the big markets in the eastern time zone.

There's not much sauntering out of bed at lunchtime on Sundays for me anymore!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Still this Georgia Tech game would involve a 4.30 am start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

adrian522 wrote: »
    so all these times are geared towards the big markets in the eastern time zone.

That is true, the East coast for the most part dictates the start times.

But in other sports like the NBA, NHL, MLB and NCAA basketball you have high profile championship or playoff games starting anytime between 21.00 and 21.30 Eastern, to suit the west coast, which pisses a lot of folk off on the east coast because the games are way to late for kids to watch in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 donglemouse

i can no longer make the game - thus have a single ticket for sale in block 514, at face value 45 euro

If anyone is interested contact me via personal message on this website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Seems like this crowd organizing this years game are a bunch of cowboys.

The fact that they don't know that the NCAA themselves aren't capable of sanctioning a game anywhere in the world shows how poor they are.
    Also seems dodgy that a company that has been in operation for 1 year is in charge of a game worth €50m.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Degs1967

Anyone know if the bars will be open in the Aviva?
    I have tickets for West Upper (not Premium Level), will there be beers and hotdogs available for mere mortals ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

The article ^^^^^^ seems to refer to a requirement for the organisers to pay €11k, I cant see that being a showstopper.
    The massive billboard advertising the game went back up on Boston Colleges' building on Stephens Green this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Degs1967 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the bars will be open in the Aviva?
    I have tickets for West Upper (not Premium Level), will there be beers and hotdogs available for mere mortals ?!

They were open for Notre Dame/Navy so I'd expect so

• Advertisement

Were open in croke park for the pen state game.

Anyone know if there's a flyover / parachute planned? It's gonna be the missus' first experience of a game and I'm hoping it'll impress her enough to open negations to a Seahawks game next year.

As an aside "croke" autocorrects to "crime".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

OU812 wrote: »
    Were open in croke park for the pen state game.

Anyone know if there's a flyover / parachute planned? It's gonna be the missus' first experience of a game and I'm hoping it'll impress her enough to open negations to a Seahawks game next year.

As an aside "croke" autocorrects to "crime".

If there is a parachute, hopefully he'll land in the stadium this time!

Just found this online, if anyone wants to relive the Croke Park Classic

Thanks, sounds like a drink or two may be an advantage if its going to be a ground war :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Will this not go the way of the barca Limerick friendly a few years ago with the game nit getting approval from the sports sanctioning body. IAFA are a member of the sports council so technically hold as much weight on the sport in the country as the FAI or the GAA, no?

gufc21 wrote: »
    Will this not go the way of the barca Limerick friendly a few years ago with the game nit getting approval from the sports sanctioning body. IAFA are a member of the sports council so technically hold as much weight on the sport in the country as the FAI or the GAA, no?

Not really the same. FAI wouldn't allow it on the basis of their existing commercial contracts

Not to mention the Limerick Barcelona thing was only at exploratory stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

^ you'd get a refund if it didn't happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hope it does go ahead. Be a shame to see an event thats estimated to bring in 50million fall apart over a few grand.

Terrible business practice by the organisers leaving IAFA out of pocket but at the same time you'd have to wonder what they were thinking paying a 3rd parties legal bills for them!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Blut2

I picked up a few tickets during the week. Really enjoyed the last game in 2014, hopefully this will be as good. I think its almost certain to go ahead at this stage, there's far too much money gone into it.

Its pricey enough, though. I suppose with the lower capacity in Lansdowne they felt they could keep prices up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

That company sound like total gangsters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Not a chance of selling out at those prices.

It was priced way too high to begin with but the more expensive seats were priced crazy high to begin with.

The following isn't here for that level of pricing & unfortunately it means we're probably going to see the last game here for a while.

Considering the NFL teams coming to Wembley could be seen for about the same price, (plus flights and accommodation), it's a shame we didn't get an NFL game

I think if they did more like put on an American tribute band (Springsteen, Neil Diamond etc) they'd get more sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I got 30 euro tickets, not the best seats but gets me in the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Not a chance of selling out at those prices.

It was priced way too high to begin with but the more expensive seats were priced crazy high to begin with.

The following isn't here for that level of pricing & unfortunately it means we're probably going to see the last game here for a while.

Considering the NFL teams coming to Wembley could be seen for about the same price, (plus flights and accommodation), it's a shame we didn't get an NFL game

I think if they did more like put on an American tribute band (Springsteen, Neil Diamond etc) they'd get more sales.

Are you not comparing the cheapest Wembley seats to the most expensive ones in the Aviva?

50-60 quid isn't the worst for 4 hours entertainment.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Are you not comparing the cheapest Wembley seats to the most expensive ones in the Aviva?

50-60 quid isn't the worst for 4 hours entertainment.

Yeah, I am a little, but it still stands that you can see NFL for the same price as College football here.

I have my tix & am looking forward to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yeah, I am a little, but it still stands that you can see NFL for the same price as College football here.

I have my tix & am looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I'm off to EP so won't be making it! I think there'd be a couple of thousand of people who may have gone otherwise but will be in Stradbally instead.

It's a different market. Some one in Dublin can't go to an NFL game in London for less than €150

They can go to this for less than €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

There was one planned for the game in 2012 but was scrapped because of IAA regulations or so I was told. Think it was because the planes would have had to hold over West Dublin until the right moment.

Bars will be open on all levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

prinzeugen wrote: »
    There was one planned for the game in 2012 but was scrapped because of IAA regulations or so I was told. Think it was because the planes would have had to hold over West Dublin until the right moment.
    They had one in Crok Park 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement