Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston College v Georgia Tech @ Aviva Stadium 2016

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

My ticket's for the West Stand so it looks like I'm a BC supporter for the day. I was leaning towards them anyway as I was at the game back vs Army back in 88 or 89 or whenever it was and I think I was cheering for them that day too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Blut2

Looks like theres a decent amount of tickets sold playing around with the seat selector on Ticketmaster. Hopefully there's a bit of promotion for it in the media over the next fortnight and we get a sell-out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Blut2 wrote: »
    Looks like theres a decent amount of tickets sold playing around with the seat selector on Ticketmaster. Hopefully there's a bit of promotion for it in the media over the next fortnight and we get a sell-out.

I'm seeing a lot of posters and signs up for it around Dublin. Certainly a bigger marketing push this year compared to the last 2 times, but that may be because of sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

From what I've heard it still hasn't been paid, I doubt they will pull the pin on it now but just pay after instead, but it still isn't a sanctioned game,

• Advertisement

Lifestyle have a load of stuff for sale now. Unfortunately it's all game specific as opposed to team stuff though. Probably aimed at the Yanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Which Lifestyle shop is that?

Bateman wrote: »
    Which Lifestyle shop is that?

St stephen's Green. Actually now that I think of it, it isn't a lifestyle anymore. It changed to Intersport a while back (they're part of Elverys aren't they?).

Sorry for the misinformation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭OU812

Game on

Department confirms there is no law to stop American football match being played without go-ahead from Irish association
    http://jrnl.ie/2944620

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭deisedude

OU812 wrote: »
    Game on

Department confirms there is no law to stop American football match being played without go-ahead from Irish association
    http://jrnl.ie/2944620

Basically the IAFA were chancing their arm to get 15k off the promoter and willing to lose a game worth millions to the economy

• Advertisement

Great little country etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is college football in Dublin in danger if this doesn't sell out? There are a lot of tickets unsold on ticketmaster.

I think the event will continue for the next few years anyway. There must be a realisation that this isn’t really a blockbuster match, and if it sells out, or even gets close to selling out, they’ll be happy enough.

There are a whole host of networking events that go on over these weekends, beyond the game itself, and you’d imagine the success of that sort of stuff is, to some extent anyway, independent to the success of the game itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I think it was very short sighted to assume Boston's Irish connection would ensure ticket sales were fine for this. It's a completely different situation than Notre Dame few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭conor222

Looking forward to seeing some live football again though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Here's the IAFA's statement on the matter.

http://www.americanfootball.ie/iafa-statement-aer-lingus-college-football-classic-supporting-events/

Seems the promoters aren't as professional as previous organisers. I can't imagine offical sanction would've been too hard to get....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Guffy

deisedude wrote: »
    Basically the IAFA were chancing their arm to get 15k off the promoter and willing to lose a game worth millions to the economy

Shoddy journalism to be fair. Statement on iafa website is pretty detailed on the other point of view.

http://www.americanfootball.ie/iafa-statement-aer-lingus-college-football-classic-supporting-events/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

IAFA statement was a little vague in places but makes some fair points.

The most interesting thing I took from it though is that I hadn't realised that this match was being organised by a different events company to the other matches. Anyone know if the other two matches were done by the one company and if so why a different one was needed this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Different companies for each of the previous events

The “poor track record” point is strong stuff. I know one of the named directors cut his teeth doing corporate gigs and other events at the likes of Slane Castle.
    Couldn’t find much negative stuff on him though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

think the poor track record is due to the school games the day before - i remember that there was issues with the school game before the Navy game here - an afaik i think while the official organisers are different maybe the contact people organising this are the same as before..... who the IAFA dont have a good relationship with!

IMO IAFA is right.... but hope this game doesnt get cancelled cos there will never be another game here again - why oh why cant anything in this country just be done right - dont see any issues with the NFL games in London, any Issues with a Gareth Brooks gig anywhere in the world. Just doesnt reflect well on our ability to host an event - and your seeing the popularity of American Football is growing worldwide! They will just go somewhere else.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

If the game goes ahead are there any future NFL players playing do you think? I did a bit of research on both rosters and both appear very average if not poor. The only guy that might have a serious shot at the Pros is Burden the GT center or maybe Milano the BC LB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Long time fans, bought 6 tickets many months ago but 2 of the lads have
    to pull out now so have 2 spares.
    They are in Row A of the South Upper directly behind the goal so every time there's a field goal etc you should get on TV and nobody will be sitting in front of you!
    Won't even charge for sitting beside us!
    Tickets were €50 each but will sell them below face as there are some tickets still available.
    PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Long time fans, bought 6 tickets many months ago but 2 of the lads have
    to pull out now so have 2 spares.
    They are in Row A of the South Upper directly behind the goal so every time there's a field goal etc you should get on TV and nobody will be sitting in front of you!
    Won't even charge for sitting beside us!
    Tickets were €50 each but will sell them below face as there are some tickets still available.
    PM.

PM sent, Sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

The game is going ahead.. This sort of stuff happens all the time but you will seldom hear about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Maybe it would sell better if the tickets were not so expensive. The tickets are way more expensive than football and rugby games. They are charging 70e for an upper row seat...

Maybe it would sell better if the tickets were not so expensive. The tickets are way more expensive than football and rugby games. They are charging 70e for an upper row seat...

Agreed but it seems to be sold as a one off event and as such is on par with one off concerts (afaik). With rugby and soccer matches they are ten a penny but this a one off, granted for the last 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

gufc21 wrote: »
    Agreed but it seems to be sold as a one off event and as such is on par with one off concerts (afaik). With rugby and soccer matches they are ten a penny but this a one off, granted for the last 3 years.

I would've loving to go but the tickets are a bit too pricy for my liking

I would've loving to go but the tickets are a bit too pricy for my liking

Ditto, even with the 15% off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 TimSheehy

I have two tickets for sale if anyone interested. Purchased for 150 and will sell for 100 ono. Unfortunately I cant go myself as my son starts a new job that Saturday. Block 123 Row X and seats 8 and 9. These are pitch side seats and all tickets are sold out on both sides at this level, right on the 20 yard line. If you know of anyone who would like to purchase let me know. Check out the seating plan of Aviva for location of seats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement