Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sight line query/advice - County Clare

Options
  • 04-06-2015 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I am considering buying a site so I can apply for permission to build a house.

Clare County Council says the sight lines have to be 160m. Does that mean 160m each way or 160m altogether?

If it's a case that it is 160m each way, then there wouldn't be a house built at all. 320m of a view is practically impossible on a country road.

Where I am looking to buy is between the road that goes from Ruan towards Corofin, specifically the junction with the R467. I am looking to buy near the townland of Tullyodea. There is no road number for this route but it is 80kpmh.

As a result I am not sure what type of road this is.

There are houses all along the road, some with less than a 50m view in one direction. I cannot see how the parameters are 160m each way. There simply wouldn't be any houses built.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement