Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Business and Mangement in Maynooth a bad degree?

Options
  • 04-06-2015 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hey guys, just wondering whether any current students/ recent graduates think this course is good? I really want to get into HR Management after my degree. Do colleges such as UCD/ DCU only take on people for masters if they get a good honours degree or do they also take into consideration the college you went to? I also read an article that included the best business courses in Ireland and Maynooth's business course wasn't on it? Does anyone know the reason for this? Also, is it possible to do work placement/ year abroad with the course? I suppose what I'm asking is what puts this course higher amongst other business courses in the country? I had my heart set on Maynooth but I'm feeling quite disheartened about what I'm hearing.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Marie, if you do not get a reply in your first thread, please do not take that as a sign to start a duplicate thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

mariecxx wrote: »
    Hey guys, just wondering whether any current students/ recent graduates think this course is good? I really want to get into HR Management after my degree. Do colleges such as UCD/ DCU only take on people for masters if they get a good honours degree or do they also take into consideration the college you went to? I also read an article that included the best business courses in Ireland and Maynooth's business course wasn't on it? Does anyone know the reason for this? Also, is it possible to do work placement/ year abroad with the course? I suppose what I'm asking is what puts this course higher amongst other business courses in the country? I had my heart set on Maynooth but I'm feeling quite disheartened about what I'm hearing.. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

No to your question re postgrad entry
    Re the article you read, where was it and what sort of metric did they use to compare courses? I'd be loathe to believe a lot of articles that claim to rank courses.
    Pick a course and university you have interest in and you'll thrive. High gpa's and grades will get you into a postgrad later on.

Advertisement