Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failing Leaving Cert Maths?

• 04-06-2015 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just wondering if I was to fail leaving cert ordinary maths would I not be able to qualify for the PLC courses? Inchicore is the one I applied to and got incase I fail this LC maths at ordinary. I wanted to try scape a pass and get into IT Tallaght but I don't really think I'll get a pass. It just says that I need 5 passes for the PLC and one has to be higher, but nothing about maths?

Was just thinking about playing a game of chance tomorrow with it if it means I'll still get into the PLC with 5 passes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 otter13

Gavbrah wrote: »
    Just wondering if I was to fail leaving cert ordinary maths would I not be able to qualify for the PLC courses? Inchicore is the one I applied to and got incase I fail this LC maths at ordinary. I wanted to try scape a pass and get into IT Tallaght but I don't really think I'll get a pass. It just says that I need 5 passes for the PLC and one has to be higher, but nothing about maths?

Was just thinking about playing a game of chance tomorrow with it if it means I'll still get into the PLC with 5 passes?
    I'm sure it would have said maths if it required it. I'm in the same boat hoping to go ITT but after that horrific maths paper I really can't see myself going. I was only 10 points away from the course points I need for Sports science, unfortunately I haven't applied for a PLC

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leanneraf

if you have been excepted into your PLC your results should not matter because you are excepted and all you need to do is complete your leaving cert. Will still highly recommend that if want to go to ITT do your best because maths will matter

Advertisement