Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Foundation Maths

• 04-06-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Leaving Cert maths exam tomorrow and I decided to drop to foundation, heard off a few people that the paper has changed in the past year or 2. Not sure what to expect/study for it, anyone have advice or in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I know from my friend doing FL that it's one paper instead of two now. He got a foundation mock but I don't have time to scan it or anything for ye, sorry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

Sample paper was much easier than the actual test i tought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Sample paper was much easier than the actual test i tought

Same here. I questions to be worded cofusingly.

So many questions were about area and depth etc..we never covered that in class. I used logic to come up with answers that at the time felt were right though. i may still get the B i aimed for

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭triple nipple

MarkY91 wrote:
    Same here. I questions to be worded cofusingly.

Same, some questions were worded in such a way that they were over simplified. Had me asking myself are they really asking me that ? No couldnt be, it must be something more complicated. Way to much on area and volume. Very little on percentages and vat type questions which i was hoping for.

• Advertisement

Same, some questions were worded in such a way that they were over simplified. Had me asking myself are they really asking me that ? No couldnt be, it must be something more complicated. Way to much on area and volume. Very little on percentages and vat type questions which i was hoping for.

I was hoping for the same. I could have gotten an A but i wont as alot on the exam was new to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 leanneraf

found the paper very easy,still dont regret dropping because of the controversy over the ordinary paper one and also have all monday morning to study for irish which will be difficult.
    Anybody find any part difficult??

leanneraf wrote: »
    found the paper very easy,still dont regret dropping because of the controversy over the ordinary paper one and also have all monday morning to study for irish which will be difficult.
    Anybody find any part difficult??

I didn't find it difficult, just stuff came up that i didn't anticipate and didnt learn how to do volume etc. Im sure ill get a B just about.

I was contemplating OL myself but judging by the stuff that came up, i feel i could have failed

Advertisement