Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight Training for weight loss

Options
  • 04-06-2015 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

quick question..

as muscle is heavier than fat..how long does it take to see weight loss from lifting weights.. i know diet is as important as the excerise and you cant lose weight with a bad diet.

i am about to start weights and my main aim is to lose weight. my diet is bad but will be changing. just wondering what to expect from weight excersises.
    do you gain a bit of weight for a while or is weight loss slow while doing weights or would you see your weight drop fairly straight away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you eat right and train right you will see your body change for the better. You should shed fat. Your clothes will fit better.

One thing you'll have to get your head around is not measuring the improvements on the scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Muscle weighs the same as fat!! 1kg of muscle and 1kg of fat both weigh 1kg!

The difference is the amount of space they take up. So to track your progress take measurements at set body points rather than just using the scales. The speed of weight loss/size reduction/muscle gain is different for everyone and has so many variables, age, gender, diet, metabolism, starting weight.

For me when I started weight lifting I found I mostly just lost weight for the first while, as the weeks went on i might lose only 1kg over a week but my muscle might be up a kg so I had really lost 2kg fat and gained one of muscle.

Advertisement