Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Controller

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

There is a review which also compares the old one to the new one. Seems OK.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any word on free rocket league with GameStop orders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I doubt its going to happen Tar, but you should totally buy rocket league cause its amazing.

You should ask around on your steam list budies, I know a few people who had already bought RL so now have a extra code. I'd say there is a good few in the same boat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Any word on free rocket league with GameStop orders

Where did you see that, thought it was only through steam..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Where did you see that, thought it was only through steam..
    Says it here:
    One copy of the bonus games per Steam Account

For customers who have already pre-ordered the Steam Controller or Steam Link on Steam prior to Aug 27th:
    You will receive free copies of Rocket League and Portal 2. They will be added to your Steam account by September 4th.

For customers who pre-order or have already pre-ordered the Steam Controller, Steam Link or Steam Machine at retail:
    You will receive a key for free copies of Rocket League and Portal 2 when you complete and pick up your purchase.

It even has gamestop listed on the page:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

Lovely been dying to get it.

I emailed gamestop but they said to contact the store directly to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lovely been dying to get it.
    It doesnt look very good though does it?

Rocket league? It's absolutely class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I've decided I'm gonna cancel my one but I'm still gonna pick up the link though for being able to play on the telly without shifting the tower. Really unsure about the lack of thumstick for camera and using a touch pad instead and even less so from the videos etc... I've watched. I could be proven wrong and end up getting it down the line anyways but not gonna spend 50 yoyos on something I'm not convinced about.

Rocket league? It's absolutely class
    No the controller lol :D

Do Saitek or anyone still do pc controllers these days? I dont want to pair an Xbox or Playstation controller to my pc, doesn't look or feel right.

I bought two, if I don't like them I'll just sell them. I really just want to try this because it is different.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Thargor wrote: »
    No the controller lol :D

Agreed, that video above doesn't do it any favours, looks like a cheap 3rd party controller. The single piece of plastic for the back cover and buttons looks crap. Not sure about handing over 50 notes for it now.

Will the new Xbox Elite controller wireless adaptor connect to the steam link? Paired up with a wireless keyboard it might be a alternative option.
    Thought that review was pretty terrible wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in it.

While I'm wondering about the steam link will the htc vive connect to it or will you need to be tethered to the pc's graphics card like the oculus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Yeah I'm gonna hold off even considering this thing until it's in the hands of the FGC on PC. If it's amazing for things like Tekken (if it releases on PC!) then I'll probably cave and get one. If not I really don't see a reason since I use KB/M for 90% of stuff and my gamepads feel perfectly fine so far for Devil May Cry 4 SE, Skullgirls etc.

• Advertisement

Will the new Xbox Elite controller wireless adaptor connect to the steam link? Paired up with a wireless keyboard it might be a alternative option.
    Thought that review was pretty terrible wouldn't put a whole lot of faith in it.

While I'm wondering about the steam link will the htc vive connect to it or will you need to be tethered to the pc's graphics card like the oculus?

Supports Steam Controller (sold separately,) Xbox One or 360 Wired Controller, Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows, Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710, or keyboard and mouse.

That's not to say they won't add support for new controllers down the line but that is what they say now.

gamestop have it in the US anyway

0gpuSnZ.jpg

Do we know the release date, on my pre order is says next Friday 16/10 but the GameStop website now says 10/11?

Do we know the release date, on my pre order is says next Friday 16/10 but the GameStop website now says 10/11?

If you preordered before the end of july it's 16/10. Otherwise it's 10/11.

Has anyone heard from Gamestop on this? Its ment to be available Friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Hanzer

Its only available Friday if you preordered in the first batch otherwise its the 10th November.

I haven't seen any movement on my order from gamestop but GAME and orders directly from Steam have started processing/shipping today.

Im leaning back towards cautiously optimistic now based on various threads on Reddit and other places, it'll make a good media centre controller even if the gaming doesnt pan out, waiting for a few Boards.ie reviews before taking the plunge though.

Hanzer wrote: »
    Its only available Friday if you preordered in the first batch otherwise its the 10th November.

I haven't seen any movement on my order from gamestop but GAME and orders directly from Steam have started processing/shipping today.

I did pre-order back in June, but I have literally heard nothing from them since the day I ordered.

I tweeted them there, I'll let you know if they get back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I missed the early pre order for this month so I was expecting it next month. Got an email saying it will be shipped in the next 48 hours. Delighted.
    Dear Customer
    We are emailing you with some great exciting news regarding your Stream Controller order that you have placed with GameStop

The wait is finally over and the controller has arrived early for you.
    We have pushed your order forward and the item will dispatch out to your address within the next 48hours.
    Once this has dispatched you will receive your shipping confirmation by email.
    If you have any concerns regarding this please respond to this email as soon as possible
    If I can assist you with anything else please don't hesitate in contacting me again

I ordered to collect in store, no word though. Preordered start of june

They replied asking for my order number, which I didn't really want to give out over twitter as people would have my name, location and order number (to use my pre-order!) So I asked them to follow me so I could DM, they just said to email them (without giving an email address)

So I emailed help@gamestop.ie, bounced, have since emailed hello@gamestop.ie which has created a zen ticket

I really have nothing but poor experiences with ordering on gamestops website

They replied asking for my order number, which I didn't really want to give out over twitter as people would have my name, location and order number (to use my pre-order!) So I asked them to follow me so I could DM, they just said to email them (without giving an email address)

So I emailed help@gamestop.ie, bounced, have since emailed hello@gamestop.ie which has created a zen ticket

I really have nothing but poor experiences with ordering on gamestops website

To be fair when you email hello@gamestop.ie you usually get a pretty quick response. And I am far from their biggest fan.

Yeah but usually they tell me "we dont know contact the store directly" and close the ticket, so yeah they do reply fast but I've never gotten an answer that wasn't "I don't know and im not going to try to find out"

Hi Witness

Your order will be available to collect on Friday the 16/10/15 from the store you selected when you placed your pre-order at Gamestop.ie

Roll on Friday!

Hi Witness

Your order will be available to collect on Friday the 16/10/15 from the store you selected when you placed your pre-order at Gamestop.ie

Roll on Friday!

• Advertisement

Was that just a reply to your ticket? wonder about rocketleague

Was that just a reply to your ticket? wonder about rocketleague

Yeah, I never asked about Rocket League. I already own it so its not really a big deal for me.

I did pre-order back in June, but I have literally heard nothing from them since the day I ordered.

I tweeted them there, I'll let you know if they get back.

I didn't get anything back from them until three hours ago when I got the shipped notice, no "preparing for dispatch" or any kind of update, maybe I'm just too used to Amazon.

Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Completely forgot about this and got shipment confirmation just now from GameStop. Would like a copy of rocket league too :)

Recently bought one of the dell minis so if the controller fails for the gaming it will work hopefully as a htpc controller.

ondafly wrote: »
    Completely forgot about this and got shipment confirmation just now from GameStop. Would like a copy of rocket league too :)

Recently bought one of the dell minis so if the controller fails for the gaming it will work hopefully as a htpc controller.

Was going to ask if you were still getting one. :)

Here's a brief unboxing of the controller & link:

I got mine today, feels nice in the the hand and build quality is fine but a word of warning, be careful with the battery ejectors, I broke the spring on mine and now it rattles.

Images here imgur com/a/QBT7l/

do they come with batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Was going to ask if you were still getting one. :)

it really is hard to buy things like this without trying, but I think at the price its going for, if its possible to play an RTS from the couch it will be 100% worth it.

do they come with batteries?

Two Duracell

• Advertisement

ondafly wrote: »
    it really is hard to buy things like this without trying, but I think at the price its going for, if its possible to play an RTS from the couch it will be 100% worth it.

I think I was just looking forward to a nice new piece of tech. But I wouldn't be using it from a couch and the few videos I've see of it now make it look a bit cheap - not a fan of that rear panel with the inbuilt buttons. Not sure what to do with the pre-order now.

Are they rechargeable batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm going to ask the gf to get me both of these for Xmas.

Don't think they are rechargeable we will have to buy our own.
    Gamestop rang me saying they have my controllers today and have rocket league and portal two codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

Got mine from gamestop this morning, ar deireadh thiar thall :D

6OoTY6P.jpg?2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

The Steam link looks more attractive to me than the controller; have two Xbox ones for my PC and they work fine.

Anyone getting the link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Im the same as ionapaul, more interested in the steam link then the controller, but will probably buy both to try out the whole living room PC gaming thing. I went to two gamestops this morning in hope they got one or two extra by accident, or someone cancelled their order, but no luck :( Will have to wait till next month so.

Controller feels good in the hand, nice weight and good clicky feeling pads..will give it a whirl later and see how I get on..considering it comes with a micro usb charger and cable I can't understand why it doesn't have batteries that can be charged while it's plugged in.
    Will be setting up the link with wifi later on as well, hoping it'll be ok.
    Steam key for portal 2 and rocket league on the GameStop receipt.

Did anyone who got theirs delivered get an email about the Portal 2/Rocket League keys?

How's anyone getting on with the controller, I'm struggling, I'm at the fup this for a game of soldiers stage, now give me back my thumb-stick.
    Time for a pint, I'll have another go tomorrow night, really thinking this is the controller to have http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/elite-wireless-controller or any other controller tbh.

Picked up mine now, came with bonus animal.

8BVgwNr.jpg

zgwJR4V.jpg

People are telling me they are having great success with the likes of CSGO, which to me would be amazing.

First impression is that it fits in your hand really nicely. and that the packaging is cool, on the inside is the "blueprints" of how the controller fits together.
    Will have to test.

Got 2x rocket league and 2x portal 2 with it. Guy at the counter was v jealous :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement