Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Chungwun wrote: »
    For those potentially in class 3. Latest I'm hearing is now early September.

There is gonna be a few changes of personal on the DCC side in regards this process so it might not exactly follow team same time line pattern as the last few classes but shouldn't be far off.

Any idea how many they will be taking from the panel for the class 3 Chungwun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Any idea how many they will be taking from the panel for the class 3 Chungwun?

I wouldn't even try and guess yet for that class.

I'd say it will depend on how many sub officers are made up from the competition that's ongoing at the moment plus working out of amount of expected retirements.

I'd say the DFB will push for a similar size class again tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

I wouldn't even try and guess yet for that class.

I'd say it will depend on how many sub officers are made up from the competition that's ongoing at the moment plus working out of amount of expected retirements.

I'd say the DFB will push for a similar size class again tho.

regarding the Sub interviews on today i was told there are approx 50 vacancies for sub officers. which would mean 50 less firefighters in the long term once they are eventually promoted. I would take solace from this for the lads further down the panel who were nervous that the panel might not get fully used.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Jim if you havnt heard word yet ring them and they will tell you over the phone!

Yeah I rang them and just received email mine was late because my reference was sent back by email rather then post but all sorted now thanks

regarding the Sub interviews on today i was told there are approx 50 vacancies for sub officers. which would mean 50 less firefighters in the long term once they are eventually promoted. I would take solace from this for the lads further down the panel who were nervous that the panel might not get fully used.

Would wait and see if the panel size was actually 50. Far as I know it's gonna be around the 30 Mark.

But even based on that it's nearly a whole recruit class

• Advertisement

jim bo c wrote: »
    Yeah I rang them and just received email mine was late because my reference was sent back by email rather then post but all sorted now thanks

Good stuff....bit less stress for ya now ;-)

Good stuff....bit less stress for ya now ;-)
    That's it ,, looking forward to starting now but also a few days off b4 goin in on d 6th

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

Hey chungwun, I no its off topic but I see the dfb ambulance is back in the media again. Any update on what's happening. Is dfb 100% keeping the ambulance??

Hey chungwun, I no its off topic but I see the dfb ambulance is back in the media again. Any update on what's happening. Is dfb 100% keeping the ambulance??

It's a political game. Always has been. The only fact in the whole thing is that Keegan wants rid of the service. He has a vendetta against the fire brigade. If he got his way he would privatise it same as he did with the bins in DL and that's a fact!

Personally I think yes we will keep it. The call taking and dispatch is still being fought for.

It's a political game. Always has been. The only fact in the whole thing is that Keegan wants rid of the service. He has a vendetta against the fire brigade. If he got his way he would privatise it same as he did with the bins in DL and that's a fact!

Personally I think yes we will keep it. The call taking and dispatch is still being fought for.

If call taking and dispatching is lost , what does that mean for dfb ? Is it the nas would be more in favour of using there own guys than the dfb or what way will it work ?

• Advertisement

Just thinking will we need our p45 from current employer immediately or will we have a week or so to get it from the 6th ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

Nice little video from Phibsboro station up on the DFB Facebook page today if any of ye haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

jim bo c wrote: »
    Just thinking will we need our p45 from current employer immediately or will we have a week or so to get it from the 6th ???

Get your p45 into DCC before you start if you can, otherwise you'll be emergency taxed up the Swiss, and emergency tax on 700 a fortnight isn't pretty, there is an alternative to a p45 that you can send in prior to starting to prevent emergency tax, its a tax certificate, you call revenue and tell them that your starting work with DCC on Feb 6th and then they will send you AND DCC a copy of your tax certificate. To do this you need the DCC registration number, Brian in HR will give you that. It's very easy and straight forward.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Dublin_Fan wrote:
    Get your p45 into DCC before you start if you can, otherwise you'll be emergency taxed up the Swiss, and emergency tax on 700 a fortnight isn't pretty, there is an alternative to a p45 that you can send in prior to starting to prevent emergency tax, its a tax certificate, you call revenue and tell them that your starting work with DCC on Feb 6th and then they will send you AND DCC a copy of your tax certificate. To do this you need the DCC registration number, Brian in HR will give you that. It's very easy and straight forward.

Dublin_Fan wrote:
    Hope that helps

I'm not great with the tax system. Do you always end up on emergency tax if you don't submit a p45 or the form you were talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Has the rent allowance been brought back for new recruits?

Dublin_Fan wrote: »

Hope that helps
    Yeah that's very helpful alrite as my company won't give me my p45 till after my last payslip which is the 3rd so I'd imagine I should get it the following week I'm goin to ring my company hr office to make sure they no I need it asap and if that is the case I'm goin to ring d revenue today to try get this form do I then just ring Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

cathalmonk wrote: »
    I'm not great with the tax system. Do you always end up on emergency tax if you don't submit a p45 or the form you were talking about?

Yeah you'll be emergency taxed alright, they need to get your p45 or tax certificate to get you signed up as working with DCC until then you be emergency taxed,

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Anyone recieve any letters yet??

Johner1982 wrote: »

Nothing so far.

Nothing yet either hopefully b sitting there after wrk

• Advertisement

Postman came but nothing from dcc.

Postman came but nothing from dcc.

Dissapointing. Trying to figure out how much money I'll be down and organise the family expenses so was hoping to get some figures this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cocosnax

No nothing from the postman today

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

JDigweed wrote: »
    Dissapointing. Trying to figure out how much money I'll be down and organise the family expenses so was hoping to get some figures this weekend.

They must of only sent them out today we should all have them by monday id imagine!

Would of made for some good reading over the weekend. Hopefully Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Very weird no contracts as people told not to hand in notice until signed and sealed. Well under months notice to give now ?

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Very weird no contracts as people told not to hand in notice until signed and sealed. Well under months notice to give now ?

I was hoping contract b there yesterday myself but sure as the email we got says to hand in your notice I wudnt worry about it I'd say most of us have handed it in now after gettin that email I'm sure it b ter mon or Tuesday latest , I handed mine in day got the email felt great ha, just goin through the motions in current job now finishing in two weeks and can't wait

Lads you don't get your physical contract until your first day of training lads so chillax and enjoy the next few weeks before the madness starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

JDigweed wrote: »

The money in training is 440 a week before tax. It's fairly low. Rent allowance is back but I'm not sure when that kicks in for yous.

When you go on the shift your money will rise after allowances etc but you will find yourself having to do a night or two OT to make reasonable money. Esp if you have bills and a family to take care of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 Cocosnax

blackmark wrote: »
    The money in training is 440 a week before tax. It's fairly low. Rent allowance is back but I'm not sure when that kicks in for yous.

When you go on the shift your money will rise after allowances etc but you will find yourself having to do a night or two OT to make reasonable money. Esp if you have bills and a family to take care of.

I think we will be getting the rent allowance and I think it's €160 every 2 weeks but I could be wrong on that .

Advertisement