Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

salary is as follows.....

Weekly salary........................€440.34
    Rent allowance Weekly............€ 77.00
    Total per week......................€517.34

Employees are paid fortnightly so you will receive €1034.74 every 2 weeks.

Now, who know what the deductions are? Siptu, USC etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

salary is as follows.....

Weekly salary........................€440.34
    Rent allowance Weekly............€ 77.00
    Total per week......................€517.34

Employees are paid fortnightly so you will receive €1034.74 every 2 weeks.

Now, who know what the deductions are? Siptu, USC etc

I'm a TEEU member and that works out at 25 a month and was free when I was an apprentice.
    Is be surprised if it's more than that and could be free for a recruit. A dfb employee might set that one straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Cocosnax

JDigweed wrote: »
    I'm a TEEU member and that works out at 25 a month and was free when I was an apprentice.
    Is be surprised if it's more than that and could be free for a recruit. A dfb employee might set that one straight.

I'd imagine it works out between €850-€900 take home per 2weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Cocosnax wrote: »
    I'd imagine it works out between €850-€900 take home per 2weeks

It's so **** considering the hard work and commitment everyone will put in. Hopefully there will be availability of overtime to boost it up a wee bit. If not you might see me jumping on the Taxi wagon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

derra_121 wrote: »
    It's so **** considering the hard work and commitment everyone will put in. Hopefully there will be availability of overtime to boost it up a wee bit. If not you might see me jumping on the Taxi wagon

Unfortunately there has been a new trend from the last few classes where this has happened.

Only thing is ill say that it does increase every year for the first 7 years. Like to think there will be an increase in wages in general down the line too. Plus as has been said there is some overtime about, but I wouldn't be depending or relying on it.

Whatever you do, stick out the training even if you are having doubts and wait till you go operational. You'll see a massive difference!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Chungwun wrote:
    Only thing is ill say that it does increase every year for the first 7 years. Like to think there will be an increase in wages in general down the line too.

What is the average take home wage? (If there is such a thing) Whatshouls we be expecting to take home after 7 years?

cathalmonk wrote: »
    What is the average take home wage? (If there is such a thing) Whatshouls we be expecting to take home after 7 years?

After your 7th year you go onto your max until your 1st LSI (long service Inc), your basic wage without shift and other allowances is €1563 before tax fortnightly.

Everybody's take home is different after that depending on their situation. Tax, subscriptions, DUBCO, etc

Has anyone had anything in the post today?

Has anyone had anything in the post today?

What is it you are expecting in the post Cathal?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Chungwun wrote: »
    After your 7th year you go onto your max until your 1st LSI (long service Inc), your basic wage without shift and other allowances is €1563 before tax fortnightly.

Everybody's take home is different after that depending on their situation. Tax, subscriptions, DUBCO, etc
    If you dont mind me asking chungwun could you explain how allowances work please? Like do you get time and a half or double time certain hours of nightshift or weekends?

• Advertisement

Chungwun wrote:
    What is it you are expecting in the post Cathal?

Final offer of employment and a draft contract would be sent out at the end of last week is what was said in the email I received last week.

Johner1982 wrote: »
    If you dont mind me asking chungwun could you explain how allowances work please? Like do you get time and a half or double time certain hours of nightshift or weekends?

There are different rates of allowances for say week nights, a saturday night, a Sunday night, weekend days. Then you have your bank holidays on and off. It will all be explained to you when starting.

Chungwun is it a definite that we'll be doing the Paramedic training along with the Firefighting in this class??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Chungwun is it a definite that we'll be doing the Paramedic training along with the Firefighting in this class??

You won't. The last class are going back in June to do their paramedic course. That doesn't leave enough time for the Feb recruit course to do theirs

Paulzx wrote: »
    You won't. The last class are going back in June to do their paramedic course. That doesn't leave enough time for the Feb recruit course to do theirs

So when operational would we be kept out of the Ambulance rota or would we still get assigned to one to get some experience??

So when operational would we be kept out of the Ambulance rota or would we still get assigned to one to get some experience??

No as far as I know we will only get assigned to an engine as a f/f until we are finished our paramedic training . But Iam sure we can be told to jump into d back of an ambulance to help out when bringing somebody to hospital . I may be corrected on this tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Paulzx wrote: »

How long does paramedic class last ? Class 3 for fire hopefully be in after that June medic class ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Grahamfire wrote: »
    How long does paramedic class last ? Class 3 for fire hopefully be in after that June medic class ?

11 weeks. Class 3 has not been decided. All speculation at present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

You won't ever be marked on an ambulance unless you're paramedic. You may from time to time find yourself travelling in an ambulance to hospital for a cardiac arrest etc but that's as far as it will go. If your marked on the ambulance then somebody will have to fill your place on the truck

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

this should keep some of the new recruits entertained before starting :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGfkcKuvEg

• Advertisement

this should keep some of the new recruits entertained before starting :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThGfkcKuvEg

The BA training looks tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Anybody get post today ??

jim bo c wrote:
    Anybody get post today ??

No but I got an email to say that it has been posted today.

No but I got an email to say that it has been posted today.

Yea same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Ringing the revenue should stop us being put on emergency tax with the company number.

Got draft contract in d post along with a staff information booklet

jim bo c wrote:
    Got draft contract in d post along with a staff information booklet

Much information given? Anything we haven't already covered on here ?

Nothing much mentioned regarding training, report to the OBI for 8:30 on the 6th.

Looking at this official employment offer, it only seems like yesterday sitting in the PAS office sweating over those aptitude tests......still hard to believe the process is over and we're starting training!!

JDigweed wrote:
    Looking at this official employment offer, it only seems like yesterday sitting in the PAS office sweating over those aptitude tests......still hard to believe the process is over and we're starting training!!

I remember last year thinking the wait was never going to be over and now there's only 2 and a bit weeks left until we get started

• Advertisement

Much information given? Anything we haven't already covered on here ?

As was already said just says be at the obi at 8:30 bring d letter,p45,pps and iban and bic code or tax certificate and they posted out staff information booklet which basically states are entitlement and codes of conduct and procedures also a letter which we need to sign to confirm we are excepting the final offer and that's it

It's mad alright doesn't feel that long ago since all this started and it was just hopes and dreams come along way since then a childhood dream two weeks away from becoming a reality ,, roll on the 6th

Advertisement