Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Was up the OBI today lads. Yards all ready to go for class 2. They were getting deliverys of pallets to burn during the training literally hundreds ! Some setup up there really makes you excited

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Was up the OBI today lads. Yards all ready to go for class 2. They were getting deliverys of pallets to burn during the training literally hundreds ! Some setup up there really makes you excited

Y were you up there yesterday ? Sounds gud pal can't wait excitement is an understatement

jim bo c wrote: »
    Y were you up there yesterday ? Sounds gud pal can't wait excitement is an understatement

Went up to have a gander at museum and that. Really cool it just shows the difference between it and a normal job. They all take such pride in it and I was speaking to retired guys and every single one of them would do anything to go back they said. Sure what job would you get that. We are in such a lucky position, it's about 3 times harder to get then the guards when you do the numbers ! Wil be some day putting that uniform on...

Went up to have a gander at museum and that. Really cool it just shows the difference between it and a normal job. They all take such pride in it and I was speaking to retired guys and every single one of them would do anything to go back they said. Sure what job would you get that. We are in such a lucky position, it's about 3 times harder to get then the guards when you do the numbers ! Wil be some day putting that uniform on...
    Sounds gud , I know feel very lucky to of got the position as competition would of been tuff but it all came down to putting the graft in ,, and I'm sure these next few months goin to be hard so I'd advise all of us to relax and enjoy because **** about to get real in two weeks ,, but I wouldn't want it any other way, obviously keep training up but we goin to be flat out very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Counting down the days now. Don't know what to be doing with myself now that im off work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Coffeeface

can anyone help with what kit and equipment will be needed on the first day other than the paperwork stated on the letter if any?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Does anyone know what I should do if I won't have a p45 or tax certificate in time for Feb 6th?

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Does anyone know what I should do if I won't have a p45 or tax certificate in time for Feb 6th?

Read the letter. Ring tax office with company number which will work until you submit p45

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Read the letter. Ring tax office with company number which will work until you submit p45

I've already been speaking to the revenue but just wasn't sure that would be enough.

Counting down the days now. Don't know what to be doing with myself now that im off work.

Finished in work tomorrow morning absolutely chuffed,, I can honestly say there a couple of envious people in the job,, packing up my tools to leave for the last time is goin to be quite enjoyable

• Advertisement

Finished in work tomorrow morning absolutely chuffed,, I can honestly say there a couple of envious people in the job,, packing up my tools to leave for the last time is goin to be quite enjoyable

I was speaking to revenue myself today they took note of start date and I gave them dcc account number they told me not to move my tax credits over till I get my last payslip so as not to be over taxed ,, then when I move them over next Thursday I'll be set up with dcc and will be on a week one tax basis until they and dcc receive my p45 which I was told could take two weeks to process but he reassured me that i won't be emergency taxed just a week one basis which isint bad if I was to get paid before they receive p45 and once it is received tax will be as it was and will be givin any over payment of first week wage bk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Coffeeface wrote: »
    can anyone help with what kit and equipment will be needed on the first day other than the paperwork stated on the letter if any?

I'm curious to know what equipment do ya think ya might need?

Chungwun wrote: »
    I'm curious to know what equipment do ya think ya might need?

Obviously you have to bring your own length of hose and a 30ft ladder ?? Get the roof racks on lads

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Coffeeface wrote: »
    Just wear comfortable clothing turn up clean and be battle ready no harm throwing a change of clothes in the car ye wouldnt know what we be doing first day, introduction first, bit of class room then and out rolling hoses after who knows?

Im bring a backpack with a note pad and a few pens, thats about it until im told more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

You wont need anything for the first day. No harm to have a kit bag packed (wash bag, sports gear etc) just incase but you have to do the manual handling before your allowed out on the yard and from what I heard from the last class they didn't see a length of hose until the thur/friday of week 1. You will most likely spend an hour or two doing contracts then a tour around then i would imagine a training ppe fitting then syndicate meeting with your syndicate officer then duties. You will get the boring introduction lectures and the PPE donning / doffing lecture etc along with locker assignments etc. They might even issue uniforms etc so day 1 is usually getting all this out of the way. you will prob be doing a swim assessment at some stage and a CFR course too I would imagine. somebody from the last class might know more im sure it changes with each class. The one thing I do remember is nothing is set in stone and can change at a minutes notice :) it's all part of 'the game'

enjoy!

If anyone has any further info regarding class 3 please forward it onto me at any stage :)

If anyone has any further info regarding class 3 please forward it onto me at any stage :)

Are u not starting on the 6th

Are u not starting on the 6th

No mate just missed out 😩

• Advertisement

No mate just missed out 😩

Well at least you know it not to far off now bud,, just go into save mode and get a couple of quid saved and wait for d shout will keep u up ta date if hear anything anyways once we get started next week

Well at least you know it not to far off now bud,, just go into save mode and get a couple of quid saved and wait for d shout will keep u up ta date if hear anything anyways once we get started next week

Thanks Jim ! My best mate derek starting on 6th would have loved to start with him but enjoy it can't wait for my turn :)

Thanks Jim ! My best mate derek starting on 6th would have loved to start with him but enjoy it can't wait for my turn :)

No worries,, well how knows in a year or two we cud all b working together ye never no were we cud be stationed,, I have ta say between class 1 passing out and class 2 starting and goin through final stages of medical, cpat and references has flown in,, dcc start sending a lot of correspondence and paperwork and b4 you know it your one week away from starting ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

RIGHT LADS!! This is possibly your last Monday morning as a civilian, this time next week you could be in the parade yard in the pissing rain being shown where you will be standing for the next 4 months. or maybe doing a safety induction or who knows what. but the point is that you will Be joining participating in your first day as new member of DFB. for some it will have been a life long attempt which will have paid off. either way i have no double that there will be 50 eager bodies reporting for duty next week.

What have you done to prepare for entrance next week? new school bag new lunch box? :D

RIGHT LADS!! This is possibly your last Monday morning as a civilian, this time next week you could be in the parade yard in the pissing rain being shown where you will be standing for the next 4 months. or maybe doing a safety induction or who knows what. but the point is that you will Be joining participating in your first day as new member of DFB. for some it will have been a life long attempt which will have paid off. either way i have no double that there will be 50 eager bodies reporting for duty next week.

What have you done to prepare for entrance next week? new school bag new lunch box? :D

I double checked the paperwork just to make sure it was next monday and not this morning lol
    I got pens, note pads etc. I plan on winning that silver axe, sorry lads hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

I double checked the paperwork just to make sure it was next monday and not this morning lol

Well good luck with the silver Axe. I had to defer this class in the very early stages due to personal reasons. So all going well i will be in class 3. Keep us all informed on how you get on in class 2

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Any idea when class 3 are starting lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Dave087 wrote: »
    Any idea when class 3 are starting lads?
    I've said it a few times here now. Possibly late August but more likely early September.

However, the job is starting to to fill up again! But they have said that the classes will be run out back to back to back. So I'm sure it will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Chungwun wrote: »
    I've said it a few times here now. Possibly late August but more likely early September.

However, the job is starting to to fill up again! But they have said that the classes will be run out back to back to back. So I'm sure it will go ahead.

Cheers chungwun. I'm on the panel for the esc control room position waiting on word for the second class. Would I be right in saying that if the class 3 ff is in September would the next batch of esc's be trained 3-4 months previous to that to allow 10 esc's in the control room to go on the ff course?

• Advertisement

Best of luck getting that silver axe cause I'm goin head to head with you for it mate I'm already preparing to except it haha, I actually checked d letter this morning as well ha

Advertisement