Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

RIGHT LADS!! This is possibly your last Monday morning as a civilian, this time next week you could be in the parade yard in the pissing rain being shown where you will be standing for the next 4 months. or maybe doing a safety induction or who knows what. but the point is that you will Be joining participating in your first day as new member of DFB. for some it will have been a life long attempt which will have paid off. either way i have no double that there will be 50 eager bodies reporting for duty next week.

What have you done to prepare for entrance next week? new school bag new lunch box? :D

Only preparation I've done for it is d gym mate lots of running and weights, pens and paper d last of my worries, gettin the head in order as well,, as you said last day as a civilian things about to get real and I can't wait ,, we be sure to keep u posted I'd imagine this forum be buzzing this day next week,, it still doesn't seem real but I'm sure it will on Monday night when polishing boots

Just as a matter of interest what is the average age of recruits I know last few lads recruited average age was 31,, I'm in mid 20's myself people keep telling I'll probably be one of the youngest would they be right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

jim bo c wrote: »
    Just as a matter of interest what is the average age of recruits I know last few lads recruited average age was 31,, I'm in mid 20's myself people keep telling I'll probably be one of the youngest would they be right?

You're certainly younger than me!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

jim bo c wrote:

I'm 25. Will we be competing to be youngest recruit??

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Chungwun wrote: »
    I've said it a few times here now. Possibly late August but more likely early September.

However, the job is starting to to fill up again! But they have said that the classes will be run out back to back to back. So I'm sure it will go ahead.

Does this mean class 4 could come into Question?

• Advertisement

cathalmonk wrote: »
    I'm 25. Will we be competing to be youngest recruit??

You already won I'm just gone 26 haha

Conair79 wrote: »
    You're certainly younger than me!

Doesn't matter bout age I suppose if ur fit enough to join that's all dat matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

jim bo c wrote: »

I'm 25 and my mate that's starting Monday is 22. I think there was a 21 year old in previous class? As for class 4 can't see why they won't use full panel and quickly numbers are down and lots due to retire and promotions to sub officer coming up also so that will make vacancies for FF. panel live till march 19. I wouldn't worry whatsoever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

The majority of the class are gonna be delighted that there is a few lads that actually want the Silver Axe :-D

In regards the class 2 of the esc's, the only thing that is certain is that nothin is certain. There is no blue print for training up classes or running courses. They are run on needs bases.

I'm sure class 3 and 4 will be ran. It's just a matter of when. As I've said before, go off and live your life. Work, travel, enjoy. If you spend your time obsessing about when and if a letter comes thru the door you will be a long time waiting!!

Age is irrelevant for a recruit. There has been recruits from the age of 18 to 40 plus. Each brings it's own strengths and weaknesses. That's why you depend and rely on the men and women around you!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Last day today gonna give my work clothes a viking funeral later roll on monday raring to go :)

• Advertisement

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Last day today gonna give my work clothes a viking funeral later roll on monday raring to go :)

Oh what I'd do to be in your position :(

Grahamfire wrote: »

Hang in mate your day will come soon

Hang in mate your day will come soon

Hopefully so. Just starting to get worried about all this speculation with control room and ambulance service you know !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

Chungwun wrote: »
    The majority of the class are gonna be delighted that there is a few lads that actually want the Silver Axe :-D

In regards the class 2 of the esc's, the only thing that is certain is that nothin is certain. There is no blue print for training up classes or running courses. They are run on needs bases.

I'm sure class 3 and 4 will be ran. It's just a matter of when. As I've said before, go off and live your life. Work, travel, enjoy. If you spend your time obsessing about when and if a letter comes thru the door you will be a long time waiting!!

Age is irrelevant for a recruit. There has been recruits from the age of 18 to 40 plus. Each brings it's own strengths and weaknesses. That's why you depend and rely on the men and women around you!

be careful what you wish for lads, you dont want to be that guy/girl who gets the axe

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

blackmark wrote:
    be careful what you wish for lads, you dont want to be that guy/girl who gets the axe

Why not?

Hopefully so. Just starting to get worried about all this speculation with control room and ambulance service you know !

Gotta just take it as it is "specilation" from what i heard class 3 is defo going ahead when is the question

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Why not?

***heat seeker***

The rest of the class will love you.

Give it a few weeks and then you will understand ;-)

I finished last fri felt good taking all my tools off site for d last time and bringin them home ,, already have the little brother raiding my box for gear,, I've been a man a leisure the last few days feels great just to relax b4 we get stuck in next week

I wudnt worry either best advice is just keep fit and get a few quid away just a matter of time and if you can afford it get a nice holiday in the summer cause it will fly in you'll be going training centre b4 you know it

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

so how are class 2's sleep pattern going?

• Advertisement

so how are class 2's sleep pattern going?
    Enjoying my last day off ha I'm like a kid at Christmas gone away till Sunday morning so I can just chill before the work startsðŸ˜႒

Hey Chungwun...... INCOMING

jericho-missile.gif

:rolleyes:

Oh dear........

Seniorman wrote: »
    Hello brothers Ryan o d here ..starting on Monday ..I won't b able to sleep all weekend with the excitement. ..I look forward to meetING you all and forming friendships...I have some insight on the way things will work so I wud like to put myself forward for class president... ..see you all Monday lads

And what about your sisters??

:-)

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

€50 says their is no Ryan O D on Monday Morning. Account made today, But im honestly hoping their is a a Ryan O D and he does turn up with that attitude. My god would that be fun to hear the stories :D

Oh I'll b there pal ..see ya Monday. .come to me if you need any help as I'll b running the show

your opening statement was hilarious, you've just given the game away that your trying to wind people up.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

also just a tip if your going to be class president maybe spend sometime reading correctly. You wont see me there on Monday as im not in that class hence why i said "My god would that be fun to hear the stories"

Oh I'll b there pal ..see ya Monday. .come to me if you need any help as I'll b running the show

Haha love it bud 👌ðŸ»Bit of banter never goes a miss

That's unfortunate ...I'm not winding anyone ...apologies I'm just super pumped for Monday

Cool, well please tell your instructors how you feel monday morning will you? And tell them your screen name too, "Seniorman" on Day one :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

haha..... will there be a secret ballot?
    I for one will not be speaking of boards.ie on or anywhere near dcc property.

• Advertisement

Last day of being civilians for class 2. The very best of luck and safe training guys :) roll on class 3!

Advertisement