Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Best of luck to everybody starting in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Yeah best of Luck, Seems our friend Ryan O D AKA "Seniorman" has deleted his comments, Please Please Please let us know if he is in Class 2 tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Seniorman

Oh I'll b there in the morning absolutely buzzing for it lads......#prezsays #bigdoggie #silveraxe

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Seniorman

todays the day ive been longing for.....mam and dad crying with pride as i leave the house... im nervous and excited at the same time.. lads anyone any idea where this obi place is... #classprez #silveraxe #ryanod

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

Yeah best of Luck, Seems our friend Ryan O D AKA "Seniorman" has deleted his comments, Please Please Please let us know if he is in Class 2 tomorrow ;)

Ryan o d is real I can't believe it haha

• Advertisement

jim bo c wrote: »
    Ryan o d is real I can't believe it haha

Well there you go, You have the class "heat seeker" Funny he was found before the class even begun :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Heard some info today off serving member plan is/was 40 more of panel to start 4th September. How accurate this is im unsure so don't quote me on it !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Heard some info today off serving member plan is/was 40 more of panel to start 4th September. How accurate this is im unsure so don't quote me on it !

What number are they are on the panel now I'm 120-130 the waiting and not knowing is killing me 😣

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    What number are they are on the panel now I'm 120-130 the waiting and not knowing is killing me 😣

There on 96 for sure. So upto 136 "should" be called if this information is correct. I have heard this info going around about class 3 since panel was formed. I personally think they had a time frame planned since day one of panel formation. However there's a lot of polictial stuff going on at moment so nothing can be taken for granted. I'm 120-130 also mate.

Is eveyone still alive 😂 Heard it was a tough week ha

• Advertisement

Is eveyone still alive 😂 Heard it was a tough week ha

I think I saw a poster before saying that once the lads go in you won't hear from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

I think I saw a poster before saying that once the lads go in you won't hear from them.

Correct....that was myself

It's nearly a mind set of, I'm in now and that's it. You'll find that people once they start training will have very little to say or talk about here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

So update for class 3....

Still pencilled in for September

However.....there is a lot of stuff going on in regards industrial action that may have bearings on when the next class starts. A lot of stuff up in the air at the moment so live your lives and don't be waiting every day on that email or letter!

Chungwun wrote: »

However.....there is a lot of stuff going on in regards industrial action that may have bearings on when the next class starts. A lot of stuff up in the air at the moment so live your lives and don't be waiting every day on that email or letter!
    Hopefully so September seems to be confirmed few times over now for me with few DFB guys and officers. Hopefully !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Chungwun wrote: »

Would what's going on now have any effect on class size?
    How many is it looking like that will be called from the panel for class 3?

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Would what's going on now have any effect on class size?
    How many is it looking like that will be called from the panel for class 3?

Read back a few comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

ahh the Friday of week 2. Enjoy getting lashed later... you wont be able to walk tomorrow. Oh and go easy on that curry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jim bo c

**** me my legs that monkey trail a killer fish and chips dnt help

Should we in class 3 be getting worried with the looming threat of Strike in DFB?

Should we in class 3 be getting worried with the looming threat of Strike in DFB?

It's still in for sept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

TJ, on 24th of March 2016 you said:

"Got on the panel! I'll be in the second class, placed between 60-80..."

Now above you're making it out you're in the 3rd class.

Which one is it?

I miss TicTacDoc, you should log out of TJHooker and sign back in as TicTacDoc

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

Recruit class 2 were told this morning that there is NOT another class happening this year 100% FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Are you in 2nd class?

Info is correct. No class 3 this year now

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Info is correct. No class 3 this year now

any word on why it was cancelled?

thatboy1 wrote: »

To do with industrial action coming up soon you thank Owen keegan and the hse (nas) for that one lads get behind siptu tmrw at 1 at your local stations there also a march Monday night because they are the ones who will make sure you lads get in next year it all bully boy tactics d job needs more men and siptu aren't happy about this

thatboy1 wrote: »

Nope. Must be over all this crap going on. I won't be expecting class 3 to happen at all now being honest.

Nope. Must be over all this crap going on. I won't be expecting class 3 to happen at all now being honest.

I reckon it will but this cap has to be settled and this class will be one of d Major topics it's all about staffing and the ambulance

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭speedbird777

I Was speaking to an instructor supposed to be with class 3. Sad news but true unfortunately. Class 3 will happen. Not this year though. I heard summer 2018 but that's far from certain. Class 1 and 2 are still going ahead with paramedic training as it stands. Once there both finished I'd expect class 3 to be called. The big thing as was said by a previous poster is get behind save your Dublin ambulance. If the ambulance goes so does class 3 and recruitment for a number of years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jono_Reilly111

Definitely no class 3 this year , Recruits were told today, Owen Keegan tried to stop the current class from going in but all or most had given their notice in to their (at the time) current employers, the man is hell bent on destroying DFB. I feel sorry for the lads of class 3 now in limbo of will they or won't they... and even the few who deferred this class and now might never get in. It's not a great time for DFB with all this going on

Advertisement