Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

It's an absolute pain in arse that's what it is. Sent letter put on a panel putting your life on hold for a career and now this crap. However it's far from the brigades fault. "Supposedly" class 3 is in after class 2 paramedics now. However at this stage any info means as much as a piece of dust to me. I think all of us in class 3/4 need to take it we are not getting in prepare for new careers or continuing and bettering current ones. Take it as a bonus if we get called and get on with things.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

What happens the ESC's that have served their time in control and should be going in with class 3/4, are they also left in limbo?

Feel horrible for the lads on the panel. Hopefully things still work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Grahamfire wrote: »
    It's an absolute pain in arse that's what it is. Sent letter put on a panel putting your life on hold for a career and now this crap. However it's far from the brigades fault. "Supposedly" class 3 is in after class 2 paramedics now. However at this stage any info means as much as a piece of dust to me. I think all of us in class 3/4 need to take it we are not getting in prepare for new careers or continuing and bettering current ones. Take it as a bonus if we get called and get on with things.

Heart breaking news lads!! Depending on this so much doubting now if it will ever happen

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

I take it if class3 is not going ahead the next class of ESCs wont be going ahead either ?

Im down for the 2nd class of ESCs myself. I am heart broken with this news.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

When will we know for sure the rest of the panel is cancelled. Will DCC write to us or just make us wait till March 2019 to see what happens?

Or is all the doom and gloom just speculation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

derra_121 wrote: »
    When will we know for sure the rest of the panel is cancelled. Will DCC write to us or just make us wait till March 2019 to see what happens?

Or is all the doom and gloom just speculation?

I think its more a case of things being postponed than cancelled.

thatboy1 wrote: »
    I think its more a case of things being postponed than cancelled.

Yeah I've spoken to a few members. It's defo not cancelled just delayed a few months. It will only be cancelled if they lost the ambulance and chances of that are very slim. This industrial action at the moment is just over the dispatch side of things however there's feelings that this is the start of dismantling of the EMS side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Going by speculation I will be in Class 4 so god knows what will happen now I guess. Chungwun seems to be the most knowledgeable on this forum. Any guesses Chungwun?

derra_121 wrote: »
    Going by speculation I will be in Class 4 so god knows what will happen now I guess. Chungwun seems to be the most knowledgeable on this forum. Any guesses Chungwun?

Also waiting on reply from him. It looks like we will all get there in the end it's just delayed ! This needs as much public support however. All stations today 1-2pm public are requested to meet for support ! It's gas RTÉ plastered about buses going on strike when the capitals fire service is up in the air. Something's wrong somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jono_Reilly111

Chungwan is a her.... lol.... I hope all of class 3 will be at the protest tonight at city hall at 5 :15pm against the cuts planned by Mr Keegan to the DFB.

Dfb members, Friends and family and all supporters encouraged to attend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

Me and a few others I know will definitely be there anyway!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Right folks....relax! Take a breath!

Class 3 was always PENCILLED in for Sept. That's been rubbed out, not thrown in the bin! Things in the fire brigade rarely go to plan.

It's not just the recruitment that has been disrupted at the moment. All current dealings between members and management has been put on holD until this situation has been resolved.

It's short term pain for long term gain. Yeah you might need to wait and 6 months or more to start your training. But if we have no control room and no ambulances, it's bye bye panel. Fact!

I said at the very start, like I say every time. DO NOT put your life on hold for this job. Until you walk thru the doors of the obi on that Monday morning you do not have a job. You are a number on a HR sheet of paper, it's as basic as that. Live your life and if the letter comes, then start to plan!

Chungwun wrote: »
    Right folks....relax! Take a breath!

Class 3 was always PENCILLED in for Sept. That's been rubbed out, not thrown in the bin! Things in the fire brigade rarely go to plan.

It's not just the recruitment that has been disrupted at the moment. All current dealings between members and management has been put on holD until this situation has been resolved.

It's short term pain for long term gain. Yeah you might need to wait and 6 months or more to start your training. But if we have no control room and no ambulances, it's bye bye panel. Fact!

I said at the very start, like I say every time. DO NOT put your life on hold for this job. Until you walk thru the doors of the obi on that Monday morning you do not have a job. You are a number on a HR sheet of paper, it's as basic as that. Live your life and if the letter comes, then start to plan!
    Hopefully everything works out. Thanks for the info

Strike is confirmed

Saturday 18th March

Monday 27th March

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Is that on the back of tonights talks with DCC Jono ?

http://dublincity.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/271011

Mr.Stephen Brady and a tech expert give their views towards the start of the webcast. The rest of the meeting was for other matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The CEO of DCC needs to go. There is cutting and budgeting, then there's cutting and dismantling. I have no idea why he wishes to remove the ambulance service from DFB. But he is single handlely out to destroy DFB.

In fact I think the entire thing should be taken away from DCC. And DCC should be dismantled. It's entirely not fit for purpose. The thing is a money pit.

There should be regular recruitment for DFB.

That Keegan fella is lethal at the top. If I was on the panel I would be vocing my concerns with local TDs.

Keegans wage last year €175k

What a farce, if any one should go its him

https://www.kildarestreet.com/committees/?id=2017-03-02a.1038&s=Dublin+Fire+Brigade+segment:6720226#g1142

Looks like the Minister is waiting on an updated HIQA report to make a decision.

Keegans wage last year €175k

What a farce, if any one should go its him

What are DCC in charge of that demands such a wage?

Social Housing (disaster)
    DFB
    Public lighting
    Traffic management (disaster)
    Drainage or is that Irish water? (Just about functional apart from when it rains)
    Parks and beeches
    Planning applications? (Farce)

• Advertisement

What a time to be sitting on a panel guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭aldub83

Hi.sorry but lost as to which class your all referring to.does this mean the current class is the last for a while?and what number class are yous calling that class?

aldub83 wrote: »
    Hi.sorry but lost as to which class your all referring to.does this mean the current class is the last for a while?and what number class are yous calling that class?

Class 2 are in now since Feb. Upto 96 on panel been used. Class 3 should be 96 to roughly 136. However class 3 has been delayed until next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭aldub83

Class 2 are in now since Feb. Upto 96 on panel been used. Class 3 should be 96 to roughly 136. However class 3 has been delayed until next year

Is that 100% definitely delayed?

aldub83 wrote: »
    Is that 100% definitely delayed?

150%

Are we looking at 2019 then for us waiting on the next recruitment drive?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Are we looking at 2019 then for us waiting on the next recruitment drive?

Our panel is live until march 19 so don't think be before then unless everything works out well and they hammer us through. Everything is depending on outcome of this industrial dispute chances are our panel will be used but unfortunately as chungwan said we can't take anything for granted as anything can happen. Fingers crossed everything gets sorted and the dfb expands just like the economy and population is at the moment I really can't see what else will happen without destroying the service !

Strikes off

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

Strikes off

There going back to the table they said there was a break down in communication it won't be off till siptu contact members officially but looking as if dcc siting themselves especially after four dead in clonal kin last night could you imagine that happened on the day of the strike thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who knows them unfortunate people goes to showork how can they push for strike when firefighter/paramedic are there to help prevent this sort of thing like who else could you call the nas cudnt of dealt with a fire wat would they do wait for it to go out !!!!!

• Advertisement

Strike has been deferred. Senior management and unions will be in discussions over the coming days.

Advertisement