Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

There WILL be a class starting early next year regardless or leave, training, etc.

This class will also be reverting back to the old way of doing your firefighting and ems training in one whole block.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Chungwun wrote: »
    There WILL be a class starting early next year regardless or leave, training, etc.

This class will also be reverting back to the old way of doing your firefighting and ems training in one whole block.
    I know you said it in the past you had no clue of numbers in the 2018 Class, any more insight now?

derra_121 wrote: »
    I know you said it in the past you had no clue of numbers in the 2018 Class, any more insight now?

No clear line on this yet. Saying it will be a large class, so I'd take that as 50. But dont know how it will be made up of. Whether its direct from the panel or a mixture or panel and current escs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Galway1!

Anyone know anything about medical/ fitness tests and work based assessments for those left on the panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Galway1! wrote: »
    Anyone know anything about medical/ fitness tests and work based assessments for those left on the panel?

What you looking to find out ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Galway1!

Hi grahamfire,

Basically what's involved in them and anything someone could do to be best prepared?

Thanks

Hi grahamfire,

Basically what's involved in them and anything someone could do to be best prepared?

Thanks

Not much preparing for medical. Either pass or fail. Very very rare someone fails that. Cpat do a mock one with compound fitness. Are you due in next class ?

Hi grahamfire,

Thanks

It will take you a bit of time but if you go back over this thread you will found out everything you need to know from beginning to end.

Can anyone answer this. My friend is right at the end of the panel 150-160 area. So obviously he won't make next class. March 2019 is date panel expires now does that mean class 4 can be taken at any stage upto march 19 or they must be finished training by then ? He's wondering if it's going to happen at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:
    Can anyone answer this. My friend is right at the end of the panel 150-160 area. So obviously he won't make next class. March 2019 is date panel expires now does that mean class 4 can be taken at any stage upto march 19 or they must be finished training by then ? He's wondering if it's going to happen at all.

I am in the same boat as your mate. I'm hoping it means that training must start before March 2019 otherwise it's not looking good.

• Advertisement

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    I am in the same boat as your mate. I'm hoping it means that training must start before March 2019 otherwise it's not looking good.

Panels have always been extended past their expiry date if needed with the expection of the panel that was scraped when the recession kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

64 left on it,I know of one person who 100% won't be taking it

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Can someone tell me what the typical days and hours are when in on the recruits training? Is it mon to fri?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Fr.damo wrote: »
    64 left on it,I know of one person who 100% won't be taking it

I'll take it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

lim abroad wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what the typical days and hours are when in on the recruits training? Is it mon to fri?

Monday to friday for 16 weeks. Course is officially 9-5. You will be in most mornings for 07:00/07:30 and there til 6 at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

For the class next year, anyone know when the actual numbers and date will be set and signed off for etc?

I have seen a lot of other agencies around ireland starting recruitment. I wouldn't be surprised if they did 30 & 30 with the DFB panel and fill the other 20 positions from the other agencies. All purely speculation though

Ah they wouldn't fill with 20. Next class should be 50. 40 off panel anyway and I think 8 are due to come out of ERCC. Hopefully so anyway

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Still no new esc class called yet so I reckon firefighter class might not start in January as new esc's needed to replace existing esc's who'll be leaving.

Also another rumour that no more esc's will ever be called again.

10 escs being called November seemingly now and 20-30 off panel for next class. That's what I heard as of today. Seems to change week to week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

They may never hire esc's again if they're preparing to hand over the call taking to the national ambulance service

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Tardis wrote: »
    They may never hire esc's again if they're preparing to hand over the call taking to the national ambulance service

DFB will still need controllers to dispatch fire appliances even if they lose the ambulance. Control room staff will still be needed for fire calls.

Dave087 wrote: »
    DFB will still need controllers to dispatch fire appliances even if they lose the ambulance. Control room staff will still be needed for fire calls.

Can't see them loosing anything this is going on years. Recommendation has been a system to link both control rooms and I still think DCC management refusing to pass it even tho they agreed to enter into talks to settle the dispute. Everything should continue as normal until the day comes, if ever that something is changing.

Supposed to be a big year for retirements 2018 so hopefully what I heard about next class numbers is a wrongful rumour. Lots going around at the moment. As per SIPTU update to DFB members recruitment is to be assessed in September to decide next class date and size according to expected vacancies.

Dave087 wrote: »

The control room is still manned by firefighters as well as escs. So if the ambo calls did go, which im not sayin they will. The fire dispatch would be done by firefighters in there. The capacity for escs would no longer be required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Chungwun wrote: »
    The control room is still manned by firefighters as well as escs. So if the ambo calls did go, which im not sayin they will. The fire dispatch would be done by firefighters in there. The capacity for escs would no longer be required.

True .

Next class around June. 10-20 off panel. Not a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Grahamfire wrote: »

Thanks for sharing Graham. Seems like it'll be a long wait for lads left on the panel.

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing Graham. Seems like it'll be a long wait for lads left on the panel.

Way it is now be surprised if the panel be used by expiration date. Will stay live until used tho was assured that.

Grahamfire wrote: »

Well that's not good news for me. Hopefully they do extend the panel date and don't restart it all again.

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    Well that's not good news for me. Hopefully they do extend the panel date and don't restart it all again.

At most that panel be sitting at 120 come 2019. Class 3 around June won't finish until the end of 2018. Will be 40 on panel left over and 4 months remaining on panel expiration date

Advertisement