Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

derra_121 wrote: »
    Well that's not good news for me. Hopefully they do extend the panel date and don't restart it all again.

Not good news for anyone! Those of us waiting for recruitment could be looking at late 2020/2021 before another drive.

Anyone know what the strength of staff will be during the years 2018/19/20 ? Just to see if they will even need another recruitment drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

TallGlass wrote: »
    Not good news for anyone! Those of us waiting for recruitment could be looking at late 2020/2021 before another drive.

Anyone know what the strength of staff will be during the years 2018/19/20 ? Just to see if they will even need another recruitment drive.

Nobody can guess or estimate that. At the moment on paper their at full operating numbers, however these numbers don't reflect leave,sick and training that's causing them to run men down everyday. There are 90 members eligible to retire at any moment from dfb. That choice is theirs and totally unpredictable so future class sizes are being based on average retirement numbers. The priority at the moment is to get the previous classes medic training done not take in another FF class. 10-20 is the plan at moment plus the 10 Esc guys due their turn. But as with everything in DFB anything can change and maybe more people will retire bumping up the FF class numbers. Only time will tell and rumours are useless to listen too as there providing false hope and expectations. The post box is the only thing to listen to now. Just hold out everyone will get their turn right upto number 160 it will be kept live until used. Hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Nobody can guess or estimate that. At the moment on paper their at full operating numbers, however these numbers don't reflect leave,sick and training that's causing them to run men down everyday. There are 90 members eligible to retire at any moment from dfb. That choice is theirs and totally unpredictable so future class sizes are being based on average retirement numbers. The priority at the moment is to get the previous classes medic training done not take in another FF class. 10-20 is the plan at moment plus the 10 Esc guys due their turn. But as with everything in DFB anything can change and maybe more people will retire bumping up the FF class numbers. Only time will tell and rumours are useless to listen too as there providing false hope and expectations. The post box is the only thing to listen to now. Just hold out everyone will get their turn right upto number 160 it will be kept live until used. Hopefully

Appreciate what your saying, I don't believe much rather than fact and figures. I have no position in the 160, and I am try to be realistic about the next date for a drive.

Worst case is another 10 year wait, after 10 years only 150-200 on panel, I could easily be waiting that again.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Appreciate what your saying, I don't believe much rather than fact and figures. I have no position in the 160, and I am try to be realistic about the next date for a drive.

Worst case is another 10 year wait, after 10 years only 150-200 on panel, I could easily be waiting that again.
    Ah no way would it be 10 years or anything like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garethc93

Next class around June. 10-20 off panel. Not a rumour.

What number is the panel up to at the minute?

• Advertisement

Garethc93 wrote: »
    What number is the panel up to at the minute?

96 is next number up

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garethc93

96 is next number up

Lovely, thanks very much ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

Just heard today not sure if rumours or not that nxt class is 10-12 from panel plus 8-10 esc's they want a smaller class size so dat not as many officers will be needed in d obi to train recruits as can't afford to take to many off d road and dat the esc's are over due out and the class size won't be as big as previous 2 cud b a rumor like evry thing is in d job but thought Id let u guys no wat I heard in wrk as I've a mate in u guys position

There was 50 in class 2 2016 and 48 in class 1 2017,, 7 in last class were escc and 2 from another county so do the maths 89 is were there at unless lads dropped out or deffered that's about were it stands as escc's aren't from your panel

There was 50 in class 2 2016 and 48 in class 1 2017,, 7 in last class were escc and 2 from another county so do the maths 89 is were there at unless lads dropped out or deffered that's about were it stands as escc's aren't from your panel

Next number for shout is 96. Info you heard is correct.

• Advertisement

98 sorry

Next number for shout is 96. Info you heard is correct.
    I also heard 2 lads not taking it

Recently decided

Yeah heard that also. Accord to HR panel is upto 95 appointed. 96 next for shout and panel will be fully used even if extended for sure.

How many is left on that panel

How many is left on that panel

Yeah heard that also. Accord to HR panel is upto 95 appointed. 96 next for shout and panel will be fully used even if extended for sure.

Happy days so I know it was a long wait for u guys hopefully things get sorted cause we need d bodies lads are flat out with ot at moment

Happy days so I know it was a long wait for u guys hopefully things get sorted cause we need d bodies lads are flat out with ot at moment

Have you heard it's June ?? Also what's happening with class 01/17 medic split ?

Have you heard it's June ?? Also what's happening with class 01/17 medic split ?

That is due for Jan 2018 hasn't be confirmed but that's wat I'm hearing as for class split I cnt see that happening as again it's instructors out in obi longer again i reckon they will train them all together as was done with class 2 2016 they need them out in march to complete there hours as lads in class 2 2016 are been put on motors and not completing hours due to annual

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Graham were you talking to DCC HR and they said the panel would be used up fully regardless if it goes by its expiration date?

• Advertisement

HR confirmed 96 next. Management in dfb assured me it be used. His exact words were "be kept live until finished"

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

HR confirmed 96 next. Management in dfb assured me it be used. His exact words were "be kept live until finished"

The good to know, with next class on taking 10-20 would be a waste if the rest was scrapped.

Won't even be 20 off panel

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

Lads for anybody that has done the cpat. Roughly what weight are the 70mm hoses in kg in each arm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Dave087 wrote: »
    Lads for anybody that has done the cpat. Roughly what weight are the 70mm hoses in kg in each arm?

15kg

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/union-says-more-resources-needed-for-dublin-fire-brigade-807306.html

Siptu starting to kick up. Hopefully the small class numbers get bumped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Next ESC Class starting on Monday January 8th, should be getting letters Re Medicals and physicals by mid to end October, Next recruit class defo to be April

Still a small recruit class ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Dublin_Fan wrote: »
    Next ESC Class starting on Monday January 8th, should be getting letters Re Medicals and physicals by mid to end October, Next recruit class defo to be April

I could kiss you Dublin fan... news I have waited to hear since last July

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Folks just to put a bit of light on the situation. There is a lot of ifs buts and maybes. This is partly due to the BTO retiring a few months ago, temporary BTO in charge and uncertainty about the next permanent BTO and ABTO.

Also there is issues with EMS instructors at the moment cause there is a lot to be done currently.

Hopefully if the escs are confirmed for Jan with letters that should be the start of things happening

Advertisement