Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Chungwun do you think the possibility of another big class is definitely finished ?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lim abroad

Slightly unrelated but you guys may know or have heard similar.

I'm on panel for limerick and have been notified that we'll be starting training in the new year. However no official paperwork as of yet (panel expires in Dec).

Have been told by HR that we may be sent to the UK for training so maybe that fits in with some of the messages above regarding availability of trainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Chungwun do you think the possibility of another big class is definitely finished ?

Anything is possible alot of rumors about small class but nuthin is certain things cud change as bodies are needed I dnt think it's an issue of the class size as such has more to do with releasing instructors and as chungwun said the issue of ems training for previous class which is now been moved to Feb and is 12 weeks as this is preferred date for the obi

There is also a rumor of class 1 2017 been split into 2 classes for ems as cnt release them all at same time so first 20 badge numbers to go bk feb followed by junior remaining badge numbers at a later date ,, but as I mentioned all rumors rill emails or paper wrk sent but coming from a relI able source

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Jim Royle wrote: »
    I could kiss you Dublin fan... news I have waited to hear since last July

A hand shake will do pal 😂

• Advertisement

Anyone any updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

I think you can take that as a no Graham...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Jim Royle wrote: »
    I think you can take that as a no Graham...

The talk in the control room is new esc's starting January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Looking like April is gathering pace for the next FF class. 15 - 20 from panel plus 10 - 12 escs.

Would tie in if new escs start in January for release of the ones in the control room to start training in April.

Chungwun wrote: »
    Looking like April is gathering pace for the next FF class. 15 - 20 from panel plus 10 - 12 escs.

Would tie in if new escs start in January for release of the ones in the control room to start training in April.

Balls anyways. Il miss out. Ah well hopefully be class 2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Dublin_Fan

Where's 15-20 off the panel coming from?

Dublin_Fan wrote: »
    Where's 15-20 off the panel coming from?

Capacity of instructors to train

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

If there was enough instructors to train Chungwun,would there be a need for a class of 50 like class 1+2?

Fr.damo wrote: »
    If there was enough instructors to train Chungwun,would there be a need for a class of 50 like class 1+2?

On the books there is probably just about enough. But the problems start when training and courses are taken into account for people coming off the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

So would there definitly not be a second class in 2018 as the class due to start in April wouldn't be finished till sept approx?.
    Maybe would be a class February 2019 before the panel expires. Would be a shame if not all of it was used as all I'm hearing is about staff shortages etc

Hopefully if not feb 2019 they extend it. Seems to be what they usually do anyway. Be at least 40 left on panel !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

To us guys waiting for recruitment to happen again is 2020 a realistic date or 2021 for another drive?

TallGlass wrote: »
    To us guys waiting for recruitment to happen again is 2020 a realistic date or 2021 for another drive?
    If that panel is extended past March 2019 then u be looking 2022 at earliest

But who knows wat will happen deffo class goin ahead in new year with numbers we already discussed in previous post April is now d rumour so cpat Feb followed by medical for successful candidates so those who are in the 10-20 nxt badge numbers start doin mock cpat they will send u email with link to wat is expected of u for test then replicate it and use will be grand mainly leg strength and slight bit of cardio I presuming most of u have reasonable upper body strength alrdy nothing spectacular anybody who trains will do it

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Dave087

But who knows wat will happen deffo class goin ahead in new year with numbers we already discussed in previous post April is now d rumour so cpat Feb followed by medical for successful candidates so those who are in the 10-20 nxt badge numbers start doin mock cpat they will send u email with link to wat is expected of u for test then replicate it and use will be grand mainly leg strength and slight bit of cardio I presuming most of u have reasonable upper body strength alrdy nothing spectacular anybody who trains will do it

Any info on the next esc class? Is it still looking good for January?

• Advertisement

Dave087 wrote: »
    Any info on the next esc class? Is it still looking good for January?

Yeah Jan is date for esc class so I'd be expecting to start getting correspondence from civic office in nxt 3 weeks or so same process for u guys as lads goin straight into recruit traing in regards to cpat and medical
    The fact that class takes 6 weeks or so to train that give d lads in control room till March/ Apri available to go obi with nxt class as they are over due to be released ,, so keep an eye on ur emails in coming weeks and gud luck

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

So would it be safe to say that Last 50-ish on the Panel will not be going in in 2018?

derra_121 wrote: »
    So would it be safe to say that Last 50-ish on the Panel will not be going in in 2018?

The one thing about the fire brigade derra is thst nothing is certain!

As I've said here many times before. I know its tough but you just need to get on with things and try forget and anticipate what will happen.

The letter will come eventually and you'll have forgotten about the long wait when your runninh up and down the drill yard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 blackmark

2017 isn’t even over and your wishing 2018 away... nobody and I don’t care who they say they are knows what’s happening with any of the classes. No speak of any definite dates in work it’s all rumour built off rumour and Chinese whispers. It’s happening when you open a letter with your name on it calling you to next stage. This thread is doing nothing but messing with people’s heads. It’s tough going but stay off these pages or you will lose your mind. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

blackmark wrote: »

2017 isn’t even over and your wishing 2018 away... nobody and I don’t care who they say they are knows what’s happening with any of the classes. No speak of any definite dates in work it’s all rumour built off rumour and Chinese whispers. It’s happening when you open a letter with your name on it calling you to next stage. This thread is doing nothing but messing with people’s heads. It’s tough going but stay off these pages or you will lose your mind. Best of luck.
    I agree 100% finding myself checking this page everyday for updates hoping someone gives good news!

10 from panel and 10 from control room for next class and 10 to replace them in control room,thats it for 2018

Not great is it. Be 55 left on panel 2019 with 3 months left till expiry what will happen ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Fr.damo wrote: »
    10 from panel and 10 from control room for next class and 10 to replace them in control room,thats it for 2018

This is the talk in Tara st . Latest rumour .

Was realised to the press Monday so it’s defo true

• Advertisement

Fire1985 wrote: »
    This is the talk in Tara st . Latest rumour .

Counselor involved with budgets for DCC put it up on twitter

Advertisement