Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

What number does that bring us to and has anyone deferred their position from the last 2 classes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

106 if 10 taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

lostox wrote: »
    What number does that bring us to and has anyone deferred their position from the last 2 classes?

At least one deferred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

There were no plans for recruits next year so this is funding to allow for 20 (10 panel & 10 control room) to progress to full training as well as 10 to replace those moving out of the Emergency Control Room for that full training.

This paragraph is off Twitter from DCC

Conair79 wrote: »
    At least one deferred

How many off the panel were used for class 1 and 2 excluding the ERCC?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garethc93

Fire1985 wrote: »

96-105 will be the 10 from the panel

Garethc93 wrote: »

How sure are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Garethc93

How sure are you?

Well based on how many people have already been taken in off of the panel it would make sense to be around that and that number has been said a few times before! Sure just wait and find out for yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

How many left on the call taker panel now after this intake or is it fully used up? Wasnt there a rumor of no further call taker recruitment in future too, if so it may bode better for anyone remaining on the panel and it being extended past the expiration date.

• Advertisement

After class 2 the next number for class 3 is 96

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Garethc93 wrote: »

If the chap who deferred takes his spot it will stop at 104. He gets first dibs so He will be the lowest badge number from the public recruitment in that class

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

https://noeleenreilly.wordpress.com/2017/12/01/concern-as-dublin-city-councillors-bypassed-on-dublin-fire-brigade-putting-lives-at-risk-cllr-noeleen-reilly/amp/

'' We have seen an increase in population in Dublin an increase in building and yet no increase in Fire Fighters.

Something will give at some point unless this is addressed".

My thoughts exactly.
    Surely this panel will be used fully?

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    https://noeleenreilly.wordpress.com/2017/12/01/concern-as-dublin-city-councillors-bypassed-on-dublin-fire-brigade-putting-lives-at-risk-cllr-noeleen-reilly/amp/

'' We have seen an increase in population in Dublin an increase in building and yet no increase in Fire Fighters.

Something will give at some point unless this is addressed".

My thoughts exactly.
    Surely this panel will be used fully?

I heard yesterday it will be used in full 150%

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Grahamfire wrote: »
    I heard yesterday it will be used in full 150%

Im guessing the panel would have to be extended then.
    When would the decision be made if that was to happen do you know?

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Im guessing the panel would have to be extended then.
    When would the decision be made if that was to happen do you know?

Not necessarily there’s a push on for 20 off panel leaving 45 on the panel sure a big class would finished panel fully. Should be following class beginning off 2019. Seemingly there behind on previous class training and current members upskilling so that’s why panel set back a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Heidi1.

Is class 3 still expected for April or has it been pushed back?

Heidi1. wrote: »
    Is class 3 still expected for April or has it been pushed back?

April-June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

25 from panel and 10 esces to make a class of 35. Probably puahed back to June ish due to delay in gettin the new esces in and knock on effect of them being training and gettin the existing esces out.

Chungwun wrote: »
    25 from panel and 10 esces to make a class of 35. Probably puahed back to June ish due to delay in gettin the new esces in and knock on effect of them being training and gettin the existing esces out.

That’s good news. If only they took 30 I’d make

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

That’s good news. If only they took 30 I’d make

Hope you do pal i know you have been on this tread a while hope the extra few bodies push you forward its all rumours as of start date as previous class still to do ems training aswell which was due for jan but pushed bk aswell

Hope you do pal i know you have been on this tread a while hope the extra few bodies push you forward its all rumours as of start date as previous class still to do ems training aswell which was due for jan but pushed bk aswell

So do I haha. They used 84 recruits off panel and it’s at 96 so there’s 12 missing somewhere ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So do I haha. They used 84 recruits off panel and it’s at 96 so there’s 12 missing somewhere ?

Maybe 12 people turned it down?

1st class had 50 2nd class 48 2 of them were from waterford and 7 escc so thats 89 off that panel as waterford and escc dnt count as not from d panel

So 5 people mia

So 5 people mia

Did first class not have control room guys ?

Did first class not have control room guys ?

No im 99% certain just second class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

So 5 people mia

I'm one of the (not so) Mia...got offered place for class to start last March but instead started paramedic training with nas in January..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

A quick succession of June then January for the 4th class would be nice

Advertisement