Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

derra_121 wrote: »
    A quick succession of June then January for the 4th class would be nice

That’s probably what could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Happy new year to all.
    So anyone any definite info to the fate of the 65 remaining on the panel?
    Literally only 1 more year before it’s a dead duck
    :(

Any news all has been quiet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Any news all has been quiet ?

11 escs called in from control room for fire gear fitting and apparently it’s only 10 recruits coming off firefighter panel to start in June .

Fire1985 wrote: »
    11 escs called in from control room for fire gear fitting and apparently it’s only 10 recruits coming off firefighter panel to start in June .

So what will happen the 55 left on panel as the next class will finish end 2018. Be just expired

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So what will happen the 55 left on panel as the next class will finish end 2018. Be just expired

Hopefully not. I'm waiting for next drive, but have no problem waiting longer if it means the guys on panel get to go in. Wouldn't wish that type of mental phekery on anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

It would be very disappointing if it just expired with the remaining 55 waiting all that time in limbo.

It would be very disappointing if it just expired with the remaining 55 waiting all that time in limbo.

It would be a disgrace if so. The long process we all went through and the costs involved. However surely they will extend. The last public recruitment in 2007 was to expire in 2010 and they extended it by 2 years too 2012 to try get them in but there was the public services recruitment ban during the recession. So they abandoned 105 ish off the panel.

All I hear is overtime, staff shortages, expanding area, retirements and all that and all that’s being recruited in the last 2 years is approx 120. And still the same talk. Numbers are up to 08 levels??That’sv tenslyears ago. The population of Dublin has massively increased. Surely it’s only logical to increase emergency services. And now the possibility of 55 potential recruits who bested thousands being scraped as no need for them?
    Ah here!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    All I hear is overtime, staff shortages, expanding area, retirements and all that and all that’s being recruited in the last 2 years is approx 120. And still the same talk. Numbers are up to 08 levels??That’sv tenslyears ago. The population of Dublin has massively increased. Surely it’s only logical to increase emergency services. And now the possibility of 55 potential recruits who bested thousands being scraped as no need for them?
    Ah here!!!

It's the loon in charge of DCC, personally I think he wants the low numbers in DFB so he can have a good reason to dump the ambulance service onto the NAS, that's just my option on it.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    It's the loon in charge of DCC, personally I think he wants the low numbers in DFB so he can have a good reason to dump the ambulance service onto the NAS, that's just my option on it.

Ambulance is going no where either is control room. There is constant advance paramedic upskilling going on at moment. If ambulance was going this wouldn’t be happening.

Friend of mine right at end panel got this reply today.

Hi David, I spoke to our HR dept. Approx 65 people left on the panel. We've applied to the Chief Executive of Dublin City council for approval to induct a class of recruits this year. I can't confirm if the panel will be used in it's entirety but our HR dept might be able to help. email fire@dublincity.ie for more information

Friend of mine right at end panel got this reply today.

Hi David, I spoke to our HR dept. Approx 65 people left on the panel. We've applied to the Chief Executive of Dublin City council for approval to induct a class of recruits this year. I can't confirm if the panel will be used in it's entirety but our HR dept might be able to help. email fire@dublincity.ie for more information

Have you ever got a reply from DCC?

Have you ever got a reply from DCC?

Wasn’t me. And no he’s got no reply

Any word on definite date for next firefighter class? February now so presume letters/emails should be going out this month if it’s due to start in June?

Any word on definite date for next firefighter class? February now so presume letters/emails should be going out this month if it’s due to start in June?

Nothing definite. But control room guys physicals are starting Tomoro with a start date of 5th or 12th March. The FF class is looking like July at moment 11 from control 9 from panel class of 20

Nothing definite. But control room guys physicals are starting Tomoro with a start date of 5th or 12th March. The FF class is looking like July at moment 11 from control 9 from panel class of 20

Only 9 of the panel? That’s not a lot at all. I wonder when we would hear if the panel is being extended. Such a shame if it’s not used up

Only 9 of the panel? That’s not a lot at all. I wonder when we would hear if the panel is being extended. Such a shame if it’s not used up

It will be

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Heidi1.

Ive heard off a few different people that its July so hopefully its true, but ive heard the same being said a few times before so wont get my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Heard there's a possibility of only 9 coming off the panel for Julys class

• Advertisement

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Heard there's a possibility of only 9 coming off the panel for Julys class

At moment 9 off panel 11 control. Confirmed yesterday in emergency services meeting in DCC. CFO said could be few more added as they as reviewing numbers at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

At moment 9 off panel 11 control. Confirmed yesterday in emergency services meeting in DCC. CFO said could be few more added as they as reviewing numbers at moment

The union is pushing for more off the panel we got letter d other day,, funding confirmed for 20,, 11 escc and 9 from your panel confirmed for july instructors already been confirmed that is 100% happening weather there is more to be taking from panel yet to be seen but if your in that group of 9 start saving coz pay in training isin't great as you dnt get any of your shift allowances ie weekend pay or nights but id imagine you will be fitted for turn out gear very soon as it takes a few months to be made for you thay usually happens a month or 2 b4 cpat and medical and last thing to be done is your references from previous employer but when you get your letter and the ball is rolling it will fly in you will be on parade in the obi in no time with your freshly polished boots and crease ironed in to shirt and trousers thinking how the **** did i get here...

Best of luck
    Your going to need it be under no illusion from anyone its not easy i dont care what any body in the job says some days ull wonder what the hell your doing but believe me its worth it best job in the world as far as im concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Heidi1.

So the 9 from the panel are they numbered 96-105, with potentially one person who has deferred maybe bringing it to 104?

Heidi1. wrote: »
    So the 9 from the panel are they numbered 96-105, with potentially one person who has deferred maybe bringing it to 104?

HR said no deferrals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

HR said no deferrals

0/01/2017 13:53
    TJHooker2016
    Quote: GoProGaming
    I double checked the paperwork just to make sure it was next monday and not this morning lol
    I got pens, note pads etc. I plan on winning that silver axe, sorry lads hahaha

Well good luck with the silver Axe. I had to defer this class in the very early stages due to personal reasons. So all going well i will be in class 3. Keep us all informed on how you get on in class 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lostox

HR said no deferrals

I was told the very same on Thursday??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Conair79 wrote: »
    0/01/2017 13:53
    TJHooker2016
    Quote: GoProGaming
    I double checked the paperwork just to make sure it was next monday and not this morning lol
    I got pens, note pads etc. I plan on winning that silver axe, sorry lads hahaha

Well good luck with the silver Axe. I had to defer this class in the very early stages due to personal reasons. So all going well i will be in class 3. Keep us all informed on how you get on in class 2

Well that was a year ago, and what a very quick year it's been.

Heidi1. wrote: »

Well hopefully 104 to the end of the panel is used in a final class.

It would be so disappointing if after all this waiting I never made it into the OBI.

Well hopefully 104 to the end of the panel is used in a final class.

It would be so disappointing if after all this waiting I never made it into the OBI.

Senior management in DCC intentions are too extend the panel by one year I was told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 That_guy91

Just curious if anybody knows the answer. Does all correspondence get sent just via post or email too? I have changed address and was wondering what I need to do to update it

Advertisement