Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Dickvandyk wrote: »
    Jaysus, won't hold the breath so.

The ERCC guys that are seemingly leaving for FF class have been fitted for PPE few weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 That_guy91

I heard they are starting interviews next month for a new panel (could be BS) it apparently came from a Member of DFB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

That_guy91 wrote: »
    I heard they are starting interviews next month for a new panel (could be BS) it apparently came from a Member of DFB

Sure there is no recruiting at the moment so I don’t know who they’d be interviewing. There’s also an active panel. This is BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Nonsense. Recruitment drives are big publicly advertised events, you would have known. There has been no aptitude tests are anything since your recruitment drive.

Rumor of august for next class but not set in stone, original date was pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Nonsense. Recruitment drives are big publicly advertised events, you would have known. There has been no aptitude tests are anything since your recruitment drive.

Rumor of august for next class but not set in stone, original date was pushed back.

Is that the potential june class pushed back to August?

I got info in the last week about a June class (numbers unconfirmed as of yet) and possible end of the year / start of next year for the remainder of the panel.

• Advertisement

That_guy91 wrote: »

Marbles whoever told you that. Be lucky to have another recruitment before 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

There are still 47 F/Fs waiting to be called back to do their paramedic course folks so don't hold your breath. I can't see them bringing in another class from the panel in Jan "as mentioned above" to skip the ff,s from class 1 2017. It's all rumours at the minute I know it's frustrating for anyone left on the panel but just sit tight, until you get that letter in your hand from Dcc for a formal job offer there's not a whole lot you can do until then. It's a waiting game and it can all change in a blink of an eye.

Shadow104 wrote: »
    There are still 47 F/Fs waiting to be called back to do their paramedic course folks so don't hold your breath. I can't see them bringing in another class from the panel in Jan "as mentioned above" to skip the ff,s from class 1 2017. It's all rumours at the minute I know it's frustrating for anyone left on the panel but just sit tight, until you get that letter in your hand from Dcc for a formal job offer there's not a whole lot you can do until then. It's a waiting game and it can all change in a blink of an eye.

Defo agree. My gut feeling is no class at all this year and a bigger one early 2019 but that’s a total guess. Surely won’t be a class medic qualified before guys in previous class. Makes no sense. Was rumour of half previous class merging with 2018 class for medics. But as everyone says rumours until some day hopefully we get a letter. If we do at all... Also just because intention to extend panel doesn’t mean a class be taken in that extension period.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Defo agree. My gut feeling is no class at all this year and a bigger one early 2019 but that’s a total guess. Surely won’t be a class medic qualified before guys in previous class. Makes no sense. Was rumour of half previous class merging with 2018 class for medics. But as everyone says rumours until some day hopefully we get a letter. If we do at all... Also just because intention to extend panel doesn’t mean a class be taken in that extension period.

There’ll be a class in summer definitely. A class of 11 esc’s are in obi right now to replace the 11 in the control room who’ll be leaving. They’ve even been fitted for fire gear.

The only problem is the number to be taken off the ff panel which is 9 at the moment. The union are fighting for more .

Into April now anyone heard much ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:
    Into April now anyone heard much ?

Was thinking the same thing earlier on. It should be soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dickvandyk

Anyone get a call yesterday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭aldub83

Anyone get a call yesterday?

Yeah just to update contact details.she said there will be contact in the next week or two but was giving nothing away.did you get any info from them ?

aldub83 wrote: »
    Yeah just to update contact details.she said there will be contact in the next week or two but was giving nothing away.did you get any info from them ?

Point blank refused to give any sort of information, but I assume it's a good thing we've been contacted considering it's the first time in over 2 years I've heard something.

Point blank refused to give any sort of information, but I assume it's a good thing we've been contacted considering it's the first time in over 2 years I've heard something.

Bigger class hopefully.what number are you on panel?

aldub83 wrote: »
    Bigger class hopefully.what number are you on panel?

96-105 what about yourself

96-105 what about yourself

110 -115

Class of 30 including 11 escs. 19 off firefighter panel

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Class of 30 including 11 escs. 19 off firefighter panel

Brilliant news, July start?

Apparently 25th June

• Advertisement

Apparently 25th June

Heard small possibility of 40. Fighting at moment for it ?

I take it if you didn't get a call you won't be in that June start? I sure hope the remainder of the panel is used then I'm in 140 - 150

If it's 19 off the panel that will leave approx 40 left will it?

derra_121 wrote: »
    I take it if you didn't get a call you won't be in that June start? I sure hope the remainder of the panel is used then I'm in 140 - 150

Correct bud

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

I've changed my phone number since the interview. Is there a number I should contact?

Exactly if u don’t get a phone call I doubt you’re in this class.

Exactly if u don’t get a phone call I doubt you’re in this class.

Ah well another year wait I guess. Good luck to all you guys starting in this class.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scoops22

It really is a shambolic way of hiring people, having you sit on a panel for years without knowing if you will ever be called up or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

scoops22 wrote: »
    It really is a shambolic way of hiring people, having you sit on a panel for years without knowing if you will ever be called up or not.

All brigades hire this way, as does the NAS, AGS, HSE health care assistants, all clerical officers and many many other public service jobs.

If they have an active panel they don't have to spend a tonne on a recruitment campaign every time they want x amount of staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scoops22

That’s understandable but the shambles of the way they don’t even seem to know themselves how many they will hire or when they will hire them, or how big any of the classes will be, how many in the class will be from the panel. There is clearly no actual plan. It’s a real Irish “ah sure we will see what happens” type of approach as far as I can see it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

scoops22 wrote: »
    That’s understandable but the shambles of the way they don’t even seem to know themselves how many they will hire or when they will hire them, or how big any of the classes will be, how many in the class will be from the panel. There is clearly no actual plan. It’s a real Irish “ah sure we will see what happens” type of approach as far as I can see it.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Irish Public Service!!!!

Advertisement