Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Upto 116 has been called for anyone curious

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Upto 116 has been called for anyone curious

That’s good that an extra 10 were called instead of the original 9.
    Let’s hope now that the remaining 44 get their chance, hopefully at the start of next year.

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    That’s good that an extra 10 were called instead of the original 9.
    Let’s hope now that the remaining 44 get their chance, hopefully at the start of next year.

44 left on panel is in our favour. If was 10-15 left I’d be worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

Best of luck to everyone still waiting on a call. I'd imagine its increadibly frustrating. Remember doing the interview, it seems like alot more thsn 2 years ago.

Since then I've interviewed for NAS, waited, done the training and am a good way through the internship.

Hope you all get placed soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Since then I've interviewed for NAS, waited, done the training and am a good way through the internship.

Me too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Me too

Did both of you's place on the panel?

What range of OOM where you on panel guys ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Fr.damo wrote:
    Did both of you's place on the panel?

Grahamfire wrote:

I was in the 60's on panel if I remember correctly was in 10's on NAS panel. Very similar interviews

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭PadraigPearse

In the 80s on DFB and also top 20 on NAS. TBH i found the DFB one alot harder, one of the guys was a right bo**ox and seemed intent to trip me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Does it go beyond 116 if people turn down places?
    Also if the panel is to be extended would that only be decided / communicated next year when the panel is expiring or sooner than that or is there any pattern?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Does it go beyond 116 if people turn down places?
    Also if the panel is to be extended would that only be decided / communicated next year when the panel is expiring or sooner than that or is there any pattern?
    Thanks

Decision on panel extension will be decided later this year. I’ve been told by DCC management and DFB that this is the intention to extend.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

I'd guess about 40 left on the panel. Hopefully one class to knock them all out at the start of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

derra_121 wrote: »
    I'd guess about 40 left on the panel. Hopefully one class to knock them all out at the start of the year.

Heard five off the panel turned it down. Not sure how true though

Conair79 wrote: »

18 going in from previous class for medics September ? What about rest will they be with next years class if there is one ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Conair79 wrote: »

This is true

18 going in from previous class for medics September ? What about rest will they be with next years class if there is one ?

Exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

Fire1985 wrote: »
    This is true

Have DCC contacted 5 more from the panel do you know?

Confirmed with HR panel is at 121 now

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:

Does this mean that they will only take a small number from the panel for the next class aswell because there is still the other half of the class to do medic training?

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Does this mean that they will only take a small number from the panel for the next class aswell because there is still the other half of the class to do medic training?

Seemingly another similar class size is possible for may-June next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:

I heard January /February is a possibility

I heard January /February is a possibility

They can’t light fires in obi anymore because of the nearby school so it’ll be the summer 2019 when they’re on holidays for next class .

Fire1985 wrote: »
    They can’t light fires in obi anymore because of the nearby school so it’ll be the summer 2019 when they’re on holidays for next class .

What about the fires recently for all the BA coarses ?

Is that another class... as in the remainder of the Panel?

Is that another class... as in the remainder of the Panel?

39 left on panel now. Wouldn’t say class be that big as another 10 escs are due in next. That would mean it would need to be a 50 class basically

39 if everyone has taken it, maybe less if a number of people have decided it was not for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

39 if everyone has taken it, maybe less if a number of people have decided it was not for them.

If a person from the class were to pull out due to whatever reasons would the next person down on the panel be called to replace that person or would they just work away with the numbers they have then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    If a person from the class were to pull out due to whatever reasons would the next person down on the panel be called to replace that person or would they just work away with the numbers they have then?

Not if the class had already started. There is a few weeks worth of stuff to get through before you step into the church on your first morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Any official date set for next class? Medical and CPAT must be underway or near?

• Advertisement

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Any official date set for next class? Medical and CPAT must be underway or near?

Starts June 25th. Cpats & Medicals are ongoing.

Class next summer aswell apparently.

Advertisement