Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Starts June 25th. Cpats & Medicals are ongoing.

Class next summer aswell apparently.

That’s good to hear. Hopefully another big class

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Any official date set for next class? Medical and CPAT must be underway or near?

Starts June 25th. Cpats & Medicals are ongoing.

Class next summer aswell apparently.
    For the Remainder of the Panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

3 CPAT failures for this class seemingly

Grahamfire wrote: »
    3 CPAT failures for this class seemingly

Will they take 3 more from the panel do you think?

Will they take 3 more from the panel do you think?

Think process is all done and dusted sitting at 121

• Advertisement

Hopefully there will be official word in the coming months as to what happens now with next class, panel being extended or not etc

Hopefully there will be official word in the coming months as to what happens now with next class, panel being extended or not etc

It is for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

You would think they would have done all the cpats,medicals etc with time to spare in case people failed

Fr.damo wrote: »
    You would think they would have done all the cpats,medicals etc with time to spare in case people failed

They did and called more people

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

They did and called more people

Have they called past 121?

• Advertisement

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    Have they called past 121?

I think it could be past it

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

I think it could be past it

I sit very close to 121 just tryna get an idea of where I stand! I've a feeling tho that's it for this class if it's due to start end of June. Hoping everyone gets their shot it's been a long wait.

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    I sit very close to 121 just tryna get an idea of where I stand! I've a feeling tho that's it for this class if it's due to start end of June. Hoping everyone gets their shot it's been a long wait.

It is. Selection process is over for this years class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

For anyone that's on panel or has an interest in applying during the next recruitment campaign, there is a motion put forward by Fianna Fail to be voted on in the Dail this evening.
    It calls for DFB to retain full control over the Fire/EMS system currently used in the city.

For anyone that's on panel or has an interest in applying during the next recruitment campaign, there is a motion put forward by Fianna Fail to be voted on in the Dail this evening.
    It calls for DFB to retain full control over the Fire/EMS system currently used in the city.

JDigweed wrote: »

Any outcome ?

Any outcome ?

Not as yet. Scheduled for 8 o clock until 10.

Apologies....my mistake, it's tomorrow evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hidli0PVUOg 'Fianna Fáil Calls For Full Retention of Dublin Fire Brigade Across the Capital'

Motion agreed overwhelmingly to retain the fire/EMS service. Government backing the motion put forward by Fianna Fáil to increase resources for Dublin fire brigade also.
    Good news

• Advertisement

Motion agreed overwhelmingly to retain the fire/EMS service. Government backing the motion put forward by Fianna Fáil to increase resources for Dublin fire brigade also.
    Good news

Great news will help us left on panel hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Best of luck to the lads starting next week. Hopefully I'll be joining yous in a year or less.

Can anyone give an indication of the notice time for the medical and CPAT? When you received the letter how quick was the medical and CPAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Conair79

derra_121 wrote: »
    Best of luck to the lads starting next week. Hopefully I'll be joining yous in a year or less.

Can anyone give an indication of the notice time for the medical and CPAT? When you received the letter how quick was the medical and CPAT

They email 4 months before asking are you still interested. Medical about 2 months later , cpat a couple of weeks beyond that. You would be reporting to the OBI between 6-8 weeks later. Thats how it went for my class anyway

Dfb twitter says 26 starting Monday not 30 ?

Dfb twitter says 26 starting Monday not 30 ?

Maybe 4 failed with medical or cpat?
    I heard in earlier posts that 3 failed??

D_smyth wrote: »
    Yeah it was grahamfire that posted that?!?

Yeah but that’s why they went from 116-121 to fill positions. Whatever happened there

Also if the panel was at 95 prior to this and they called as far as 121.. is that not 26?

10 from control are part of the 26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Well if they're taking that much from the control room it doesn't look good for the rest of the panel. Why take so many from the control room leaving lads who are on the panel hanging?

They where taken on 3 years ago on a temporary contract, when they did 3 years control room service they would become recruit fire fighters. Not leaving anyone 'hanging'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Well if they're taking that much from the control room it doesn't look good for the rest of the panel. Why take so many from the control room leaving lads who are on the panel hanging?

They where taken on 3 years ago on a temporary contract, when they did 3 years control room service they would become recruit fire fighters. Not leaving anyone 'hanging'

• Advertisement

But it is... People who applied for the primary position of firefighter and were successful are now being overlooked by people essentially coming in the back door... Just my view of it

Your view is completely wrong.... the panel will be used and the guys who are due from control deserve their positions and are just as eligible to move into FF class with lads on panel

Advertisement