Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    We should have word then around Oct Nov goin by previous classes if that's the case?

Yeah HR said to me should be getting ball rolling October November all going to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

I'll believe it when I see it.

What's does first communication be?... an email?

April June now..... panel has to be extended

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Grahamfire wrote: »
    April June now..... panel has to be extended

How come it's pushed back now or was jan/Feb just a snowballed rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

It all is until its written in black and white in your letterbox

• Advertisement

It all is until its written in black and white in your letterbox

True it's just been a long wait you grip onto any rumour you can 🀣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

True it's just been a long wait you grip onto any rumour you can 🀣

Oh I know the feeling, been there and done that on 2 panels over the years.

If its any consolation I have heard april as well but there is nothing set in stone.

No jan/feb was from HR directly. Now it’s april/June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

A bunch of 5 year olds could run this process better.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Panel doesn’t necessarily have to be extended. As long as initial contact is made before March 19th then the process begins. It takes roughly 4 months from getting the email and starting training. You don’t have to be starting training before March 19th as such. That’s my thinking on it anyway

• Advertisement

ERCC class planned for jan feb now to relieve the 10 coming into 2019 FF class. So that’s our best bearing of when we will be called. Once they go in FF class follows 3 months or so after.

ERCC class planned for jan feb now to relieve the 10 coming into 2019 FF class. So that’s our best bearing of when we will be called. Once they go in FF class follows 3 months or so after.

Wonder how many remaining on the panel still actually want the job. I would imagine the wait has turned a few people off

Wonder how many remaining on the panel still actually want the job. I would imagine the wait has turned a few people off

39 on paper left. Surely get 20 ?

How many of the panel are they looking to take along with the 10 or is it early days yet on numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anybody any idea when the next recruitment will be? If there will be one? :)

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    How many of the panel are they looking to take along with the 10 or is it early days yet on numbers?

There isn’t even a point really in passing on what I’ve heard because it changes so much !

There isn’t even a point really in passing on what I’ve heard because it changes so much !

True

I enjoy getting my hopes up keep them coming.

In reply to the comment before about the length of time turning people off its made me more determined. I was 50/50 in 2016 and if i had of been in the first recruits I may not have taken it. Now I am dying for it... I hate to admit it but id be heartbroken if it didn't happen.

derra_121 wrote: »
    I enjoy getting my hopes up keep them coming.

In reply to the comment before about the length of time turning people off its made me more determined. I was 50/50 in 2016 and if i had of been in the first recruits I may not have taken it. Now I am dying for it... I hate to admit it but id be heartbroken if it didn't happen.
    It’s defo gonna happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

I am a bit late to the party here and not really as educated on the DFB recruitment process as a lot of you guys who have been involved in or tracking it for some time.

am I getting the gist of the situation by saying there is currently a panel of candidates that have got through the whole recruitment process and are just waiting on the invite to start training. this panel is due to expire shortly but may be extended until mid 2019.

is there any way for someone like me who has not applied in the past to be included on the panel? or is it a matter of waiting until this panel is exhausted and DFB do another recruitment drive?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

I am a bit late to the party here and not really as educated on the DFB recruitment process as a lot of you guys who have been involved in or tracking it for some time.

am I getting the gist of the situation by saying there is currently a panel of candidates that have got through the whole recruitment process and are just waiting on the invite to start training. this panel is due to expire shortly but may be extended until mid 2019.

is there any way for someone like me who has not applied in the past to be included on the panel? or is it a matter of waiting until this panel is exhausted and DFB do another recruitment drive?

You've to wait for an open recruitment drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

You only get on a panel if you’ve got through all selection stages .

The last recruitment drive had 9000 applications for a panel of 150 .

They have no date set for next recruitment campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Any update?

Just heard on 98fm that complaints have been made by SIPTU as a number of appliances could not be manned this weekend due to staff shortages.

Surely that's good for the rest of the panel.

Fingers are crossed for the start of 2019

derra_121 wrote: »
    Just heard on 98fm that complaints have been made by SIPTU as a number of appliances could not be manned this weekend due to staff shortages.

Surely that's good for the rest of the panel.

Fingers are crossed for the start of 2019

Word is at moment class of ESC to be in Jan to let 10 out of ERCC for April start in FF class.

All subject to change as per usual

Is there an emergency services meeting tomorrow oct 11th? I remember the previous meeting that was held on extending the panel, someone mentioned next meeting was oct 11th?

Is there an emergency services meeting tomorrow oct 11th? I remember the previous meeting that was held on extending the panel, someone mentioned next meeting was oct 11th?

Nothing about it on the site. Maybe it's postponed like everything else haha

Nothing about it on the site. Maybe it's postponed like everything else haha

Ha ha. True. There was definitly a meeting down for the 11th though because I remember the last meeting they had it was mentioned that the next one was the 11th of October. Must of being postponed. I was hoping there was one as it might shed some light on what’s going on with panel extension, when the next class will be, class size etc

Ha ha. True. There was definitly a meeting down for the 11th though because I remember the last meeting they had it was mentioned that the next one was the 11th of October. Must of being postponed. I was hoping there was one as it might shed some light on what’s going on with panel extension, when the next class will be, class size etc

Hopefully in the next month or two we'll know we're we stand for next year. Hopeully theres no extension and were straight in.
    Wonder would it be worth your while to ring dcc and see do they know anything?

• Advertisement

Hopefully in the next month or two we'll know we're we stand for next year. Hopeully theres no extension and were straight in.
    Wonder would it be worth your while to ring dcc and see do they know anything?

Don’t ring DCC HR. No help. DFB HR hold the info

Advertisement