Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Thats what i taught I was told the panel sits at 120 but it was said in the meeting there's 44 maybe some lads deferred a class

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Conair79 wrote: »
    Theres only 40 left on the panel

That’s what I was thinking too, but at the previous meetings they said there is 44 left on the panel?
    Panel was up to 96 before the last class, 19 were called that brings it to 115. 5 out of the 19 didn’t take the offer so 5 more were called bringing the panel up to 120. Leaving 40. Unless the few who didn’t take the offer deferred till the next intake maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Panel is at 121 HR have confirmed this. 8 esc coming into class. This would make a class of 47. They are fully expecting to exhaust ff panel in April. On the small chance it’s not it is being extended. There will be no new recruitment until everyone has been offered position off this panel. Anyone at the end of panel sit tight but I would be getting fit preparing chances ot getting called are very high.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Best guess on when we might find out? January maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Looking to buy a weighted vest to start training, hopefully for good news in 2019. Can sometime tell me how much the BA weighs please? TIA

• Advertisement

derra_121 wrote: »
    Best guess on when we might find out? January maybe?

They said might make contact end of this year/early jan with expressions of interest by email and post

• Registered Users Posts: 12 M_Bellamy

eire1 wrote: »
    Looking to buy a weighted vest to start training, hopefully for good news in 2019. Can sometime tell me how much the BA weighs please? TIA

The Scott propak with cylinder is approx 10- 15kg but is designed to carry the weight around your waist so if this is what you're buying the weight vest for it may be a fasle economy...

Anyone from previous class what was time frame of medical and cpat prior to class ?

Calls started in March with provisional offers, then April and May was medical and CPAT and uniform fitting. The final offer of employment (if successful in the medical and CPAT) Will be 4 weeks before the class starts to allow people to give their employers notice

M_Bellamy wrote: »
    Calls started in March with provisional offers, then April and May was medical and CPAT and uniform fitting. The final offer of employment (if successful in the medical and CPAT) Will be 4 weeks before the class starts to allow people to give their employers notice

So with mid April start we are talking January prov offer then feb/March tests ?

• Advertisement

I couldn't tell you exactly what month but I can tell you it was about 3 months from start to end.

I was brought to this thread by a mate who is waiting on the shout and to be honest, I know people are trying to be helpful with whatever information they can pass when it comes to starting but just remember, it's going to happen eventually so just try stay fit and don't put your life on hold.

Not meant to be a negative post, it's just looking through this post people regularly get their hopes up and then nothing happens for them. I'll happily answer any questions I can though for people

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

I couldn't tell you exactly what month but I can tell you it was about 3 months from start to end.

I was brought to this thread by a mate who is waiting on the shout and to be honest, I know people are trying to be helpful with whatever information they can pass when it comes to starting but just remember, it's going to happen eventually so just try stay fit and don't put your life on hold.

Not meant to be a negative post, it's just looking through this post people regularly get their hopes up and then nothing happens for them. I'll happily answer any questions I can though for people
    Fair play for the post it's been a long frustrating wait!
    About the CPAT what's involved in it can't seem to find anything online?
    And about the paramedic training did you lads start that straight after basic training or did you's get like a week or 2 grace?

CPAT is manual dexterity, ladder climb, clostrophobia test, dummy drag and equipment carry. All have to be completed within specific times. The class that started in June went straight through and some from the previous class were brought back in after serving in stations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

The Scott propak with cylinder is approx 10- 15kg but is designed to carry the weight around your waist so if this is what you're buying the weight vest for it may be a fasle economy...

Anything you'd recommend instead then??

eire1 wrote: »
    Anything you'd recommend instead then??

If you're training for CPAT then no, there's nothing you need but if you're thinking long term and it's for BA, I found an altitude mask was good to help you focus on your breathing

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scubasteve2017

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Anyone from previous class what was time frame of medical and cpat prior to class ?

about 3 to 5 weeks

about 3 to 5 weeks

as only take so many on same day straight after that you get formal offer of employment and our sent a draft copy of your employment , all you need then is 2 references off previous employer which they send you out two booklets with questions about you like sick days or lates for previous employer to fill in , then couple days later its out to the obi , providing you passed cpat, medical, and all the formalities, let the fun begin

as only take so many on same day straight after that you get formal offer of employment and our sent a draft copy of your employment , all you need then is 2 references off previous employer which they send you out two booklets with questions about you like sick days or lates for previous employer to fill in , then couple days later its out to the obi , providing you passed cpat, medical, and all the formalities, let the fun begin

thats how my class was done but M_bellamy seems to have done it more recent then my class

How did you find cpat yourself ?

How did you find cpat yourself ?

cpat was fine equipment carry is only relatively difficult part but you have 5 minutes to do it , it 100% achievable with some upper body training , basically its 5minutes of work for 30years of doing your dream job if that's not motivation i don't no what is ,, there is a lad near coolock who does a mock cpat which is set up exact same as real deal his mate was in one of recent classes help him set it up if your worried try it out then simulate it yourself in gym

• Advertisement

cpat was fine equipment carry is only relatively difficult part but you have 5 minutes to do it , it 100% achievable with some upper body training , basically its 5minutes of work for 30years of doing your dream job if that's not motivation i don't no what is ,, there is a lad near coolock who does a mock cpat which is set up exact same as real deal his mate was in one of recent classes help him set it up if your worried try it out then simulate it yourself in gym
    Yeah Kevin from compound. Only done mock one with him yesterday !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Nice one. How was it? do they cover the whole CPAT from start to finish or jsut certain elements?

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Nice one. How was it? do they cover the whole CPAT from start to finish or jsut certain elements?
    Just the equipment carry part of it. The 5 min timed session. All the right distance and weight it’s not that easy !

Just the equipment carry part of it. The 5 min timed session. All the right distance and weight it’s not that easy !

it was never going to be a walk in the park but as i said 100% achievable , just simulate it in your workouts till you have it nailed , like everything practice makes perfect believe me you'll have much harder days in the obi especially in ba phase going in on your third cylinder absolutely nakered with heat sapping your energy ,, just keep training stay fit and work on your cardio and full body workout, don't forget swimming if you want to be a swift water rescue technican ,4 lenghts of pool under 1:50sec with good form and technique only top 10 or so get to do the course and you'll go to an srt station, with a special under your belt already ,, your going into a job that promotes fitness so don't slack on it

it was never going to be a walk in the park but as i said 100% achievable , just simulate it in your workouts till you have it nailed , like everything practice makes perfect believe me you'll have much harder days in the obi especially in ba phase going in on your third cylinder absolutely nakered with heat sapping your energy ,, just keep training stay fit and work on your cardio and full body workout, don't forget swimming if you want to be a swift water rescue technican ,4 lenghts of pool under 1:50sec with good form and technique only top 10 or so get to do the course and you'll go to an srt station, with a special under your belt already ,, your going into a job that promotes fitness so don't slack on it
    Yeah defo training 3 times a week at mo going to 5 in Jan. I’ve done mock cpat now twice and passed both times. It would certainly catch someone out that didn’t prepare. But IMO if go in unprepared you don’t deserve the position. Very lucky to get the opportunity in first place. Why loose it through laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:

Can anyone do the mocks with him? Has he got a website or phone number?

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Can anyone do the mocks with him? Has he got a website or phone number?

Not sure with him Tomoro I will ask for you guys and get price

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:
    Not sure with him Tomoro I will ask for you guys and get price

Nice 1. Thanks

I found a great daily work out for the CPAT was: set up cones at 15m and 50m
    1. Spiderman crawl to 15m and back
    2. Run 200m
    3. Farmers carry 100m
    4. 10 burpees
    5. Run 200m
    6. Farmers carry 100m

Take a 2min break and repeat two more times.
    Works every muscle you need for the entire CPAT and gets you used to pacing out the equipment carry

• Advertisement

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Nice 1. Thanks

Had a chat with Kev. €25 to set up test for anyone that wants to do it. I’d highly recommend. If want contact number PM me

Advertisement