Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Grahamfire wrote:
    Had a chat with Kev. €25 to set up test for anyone that wants to do it. I’d highly recommend. If want contact number PM me

That's not too bad at all. Thanks for the info. Pm you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Has there been any more rumours about the numbers they will take in April?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

derra_121 wrote: »
    Has there been any more rumours about the numbers they will take in April?

I’ve heard few times over everyone on panel. Full class. Numbers will have to be confirmed by end jan at latest I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Heard off a number of people during the week that DFB are gonna be recruiting again in the new year? Anyone hear anything of the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    Heard off a number of people during the week that DFB are gonna be recruiting again in the new year? Anyone hear anything of the same?

This is the talk in Tara st anyway but believe nothing. Apparently now they’re running the class in April with 8 escs & 20 from panel then remaining panel to be used end of next year .

• Advertisement

Fire1985 wrote: »
    This is the talk in Tara st anyway but believe nothing. Apparently now they’re running the class in April with 8 escs & 20 from panel then remaining panel to be used end of next year .

I hope this isn't true and it's at least 23 from the panel haha

Fire1985 wrote: »

Also have heard 30 in total

Also no recruitment until full panel used. They are defo planning on using everyone regardless if there’s a spilt in numbers or one class.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Also no recruitment until full panel used. They are defo planning on using everyone regardless if there’s a spilt in numbers or one class.

Just a longer wait I guess. If it's split 8 and 22 to make 30. I'll miss out by about 1 spot I think. What a wait for a job 3+ years it's nuts.

I know people keep saying just get on with your life etc but it's very difficult to plan career changes and life plans with not know if you will be called in 2 months or 12 months. It's frustrating at times.

Anyway keep the rumours coming I enjoy toying with my emotions ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Did anyone get any clarification on why Human Resources say there's 39 people left on panel and 46 according to the meeting a couple of weeks ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Hey Fr.Damo, are you on the end of panel as well? Would you get in if they take on 22?

I'm right at the end, it'd be a heartbreaker if they split the class.

Prob gonna be the new year before we hear anything anyway, there might not even be a decision made yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Hey Fr.Damo, are you on the end of panel as well? Would you get in if they take on 22?

Prob gonna be the new year before we hear anything anyway, there might not even be a decision made yet.

Give hr a ring , they might help you with some info !

This number?

Dublin City Council
    Human Resources Department
    Block 4, Floor 4
    Civic Offices
    Dublin 8

Tel: (01) 222 3041
    Email: human.resources@dublincity.ie

I tried them in the past and they didn't give much info.

This number?

Dublin City Council
    Human Resources Department
    Block 4, Floor 4
    Civic Offices
    Dublin 8

Tel: (01) 222 3041
    Email: human.resources@dublincity.ie

I tried them in the past and they didn't give much info.

Forget about ringing them above. Will basically tell you nothing. The class is in for April and in the background they are trying to get full panel and the 8 esc in. I think DCC Chief playing hardball and only wants another 20 off panel in.

I called them months ago and they said panel at 121 which leaves 39 people so i'd make it but if there was a load of deferrals from last class to leave panel at 46 left like they mentioned at the meeting I'd miss out

Fr.damo wrote: »
    I called them months ago and they said panel at 121 which leaves 39 people so i'd make it but if there was a load of deferrals from last class to leave panel at 46 left like they mentioned at the meeting I'd miss out

Fingers crossed you'd get it between the CPAT and people who might have gone on to other things.

Fr.damo wrote: »

Also was told 121. Last class was upto 116 first offers. Ended up at 121 when class was all sorted.

Well done to everyone who passed out yesterday! Not long for the rest of us hopefully.

just keep training stay fit and work on your cardio and full body workout, don't forget swimming if you want to be a swift water rescue technican ,4 lenghts of pool under 1:50sec with good form and technique

Hi Scubasteve,
    Are those 4 lengths just normal swimming or with the swiftwater gear on? If normal swimming can it be any stroke?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 M_Bellamy

It's just normal swimming, whatever stroke you're comfortable with but they are looking for strong and competent swimmers as well as being under the time limit

• Advertisement

How many from the ERCC are due in April's class?

Think I remember somebody saying 8 in a previous post

Yeah 8. Heard “rumours” could be June now ahah

Yeah 8. Heard “rumours” could be June now ahah

Awh don't start haha! Was April not said in the meeting?

Awh don't start haha! Was April not said in the meeting?

All we can do at this stage is have a bit of crack about it ! Seemingly it’s a possibility I dunno could be crap talk. Would have been nice to have a letter this side of Xmas but sure once it happens in end that’s main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 M_Bellamy

Lads, Grahamfire is right.. have a laugh at the rumours and stay confident that this time next year everyone on here will be operational in one of the best jobs in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭davinci88

Not been here for a couple of years !

Anyone with their finger on the pulse know of a new recruitment drive this year ?

davinci88 wrote: »
    Not been here for a couple of years !

Anyone with their finger on the pulse know of a new recruitment drive this year ?

100% new panel being advertised mid-late 2019.

100% new panel being advertised mid-late 2019.

Does that mean a class is looking good for April?

• Advertisement

Does that mean a class is looking good for April?

Was onto HR other day. April seems to be basically in stone now

Advertisement