Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Was onto HR other day. April seems to be basically in stone now

That's good we should be hearing soon so did they give you an idea of when medical and physical will be done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    That's good we should be hearing soon so did they give you an idea of when medical and physical will be done?

Said should be contacted first half of feb hopefully. Now don’t take it as gospil. As we know it changes day to day. But tbh this seems fairly sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Was onto HR other day. April seems to be basically in stone now

For the remainder of the panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

100% new panel being advertised mid-late 2019.

Don't think anything is 100% in this game unfortunately until its written in black and white but hopefully hopefully we hear something in the next 2 months. Keep the updates coming :):)

Is it by letter the confirmation comes?

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Don't think anything is 100% in this game unfortunately until its written in black and white but hopefully hopefully we hear something in the next 2 months. Keep the updates coming :):)

Is it by letter the confirmation comes?

I think I seen before somebody saying it's a phone call first followed by a letter/Email not sure tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

I think I seen before somebody saying it's a phone call first followed by a letter/Email not sure tho

Thanks! Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 12 M_Bellamy

You'll get a phonecall first, just to confirm your contact details. Don't bother asking any further questions, you'll be met with "can't tell you" response 😂. After that you'll get a provisional offer via post and they look for two referees. The provisional offer just lets them know you're still interested and then youll get the dates for medical and CPAT. Time to hit the gym folks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vagdt

Hi, Just wondering has anyone any recommendations for practicing for the aptitude test? did anyone sign up to any decent websites or get any good aptitude test books at the last recruitment? Thanks.

vagdt wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering has anyone any recommendations for practicing for the aptitude test? did anyone sign up to any decent websites or get any good aptitude test books at the last recruitment? Thanks.

Career services do a fantastic 1 day course I’d highly recommend. Find them on Facebook or google. Usually held in the Clayton hotel at the airport. Around €120 it is. They usually run them as soon as DFB/Garda announce completions.

Lidl have some 17Kg sandbags available. They might replicate weight and awkwardness of a hose for the CPAT for anyone interested.

• Advertisement

If they give you 4 weeks notice prior to start date are we expecting to do cpat medical ect all in the month if Feb?

If they give you 4 weeks notice prior to start date are we expecting to do cpat medical ect all in the month if Feb?

Taught it was 3 months notice ??

M_Bellamy wrote: »
    Calls started in March with provisional offers, then April and May was medical and CPAT and uniform fitting. The final offer of employment (if successful in the medical and CPAT) Will be 4 weeks before the class starts to allow people to give their employers notice

I'm referring to this if it's the way it's done everything will be completed in Feb I would imagine busy month ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

You'll get a phonecall first, just to confirm your contact details. Don't bother asking any further questions, you'll be met with "can't tell you" response 😂. After that you'll get a provisional offer via post and they look for two referees. The provisional offer just lets them know you're still interested and then youll get the dates for medical and CPAT. Time to hit the gym folks
    Do you remember anything about the dummy drag, what weight was it and was it timed or was it just a matter of being able to do it?

Fr.damo wrote: »
    Do you remember anything about the dummy drag, what weight was it and was it timed or was it just a matter of being able to do it?

30 seconds. Can’t remember distance. Easily doable for anyone of average fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

I’d say first contact should be made early February at the latest if the class is going ahead mid April. March would be the month for medical and cpat I’d say if that was the case.
    When do the control room start training to let the 8 go out, haven’t seen anything on the dfb twitter page about it

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    I’d say first contact should be made early February at the latest if the class is going ahead mid April. March would be the month for medical and cpat I’d say if that was the case.
    When do the control room start training to let the 8 go out, haven’t seen anything on the dfb twitter page about it

They start week of 28th Jan. All done and dusted waiting to start

How long is that training?

That’s good news. I just hadn’t heard much about when they start so wasn’t sure if it was being put off etc.

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    That’s good news. I just hadn’t heard much about when they start so wasn’t sure if it was being put off etc.

Defo starting. But they won’t be ready until end April start May ? What is duration of their training before they can release controllers

• Advertisement

Defo starting. But they won’t be ready until end April start May ? What is duration of their training before they can release controllers

Last control room class started training 12th of March and the firefighter class started 25th of June. So that’s roughly 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

New controllers starting this Monday morning 21st and finished 22nd March in OBI
    Then have 5 shifts of mentoring before anyone gets released from the room so that's about end of April

• Registered Users Posts: 12 M_Bellamy

Fr.damo wrote: »

Sorry had to dig out some notes, dummy is 50kg 50m in 30 seconds. It's no big deal to anyone with a bit of fitness

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

Sorry had to dig out some notes, dummy is 50kg 50m in 30 seconds. It's no big deal to anyone with a bit of fitness
    Brilliant thanks for that

reddington wrote: »
    New controllers starting this Monday morning 21st and finished 22nd March in OBI
    Then have 5 shifts of mentoring before anyone gets released from the room so that's about end of April

Just seen post on Twitter with the new controllers. Only 5 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

Yea only 5 , 5 fire side will join them for the last few weeks as their training is shorter for the room

reddington wrote: »
    Yea only 5 , 5 fire side will join them for the last few weeks as their training is shorter for the room

How many are leaving the room for this years FF class ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

How many are leaving the room for this years FF class ?

8 at the moment, possibley 10

Fire1985 wrote: »
    8 at the moment, possibley 10

I imagine they will likely split the 39 remaining on the panel so. Hardly have a class of 49 in OBI :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

derra_121 wrote: »
    I imagine they will likely split the 39 remaining on the panel so. Hardly have a class of 49 in OBI :confused:

Rumour has it that it’ll be a class similar to last class of 28 in total including Escs ,

Starting in June but as of now .

Advertisement