Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Rumour has it that it’ll be a class similar to last class of 28 in total including Escs ,

Starting in June but as of now .

Another year wait for me so, that is if they decide to extend the timescale on the Panel!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

derra_121 wrote: »
    Another year wait for me so, that is if they decide to extend the timescale on the Panel!
    All just rumours Derra take them all with a pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Congratulations to our 12 new Breathing Apparatus instructors. They underwent a gruelling 2 week course, and now will go on to teach #DFBRecruits and refresh operational firefighters in BA techniques. A big thanks to the senior BA instructors. https://t.co/GqkFAHvwOR

From dfbs Twitter page there's some movement on the other side anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Is it looking more like June now for ff class does anybody know?

Jpm_24 wrote: »
    Is it looking more like June now for ff class does anybody know?

I hope not otherwise I cancled a holiday for nothing! Haha

I sent an email yesterday and got no information back in the reply just what we already know that the panel is due to expire end of March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    I hope not otherwise I cancled a holiday for nothing! Haha

I sent an email yesterday and got no information back in the reply just what we already know that the panel is due to expire end of March

You would expect at least 2 months notice so if no word February then likely to be June I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reddington

At this moment June seems to be your best possibility , I would not be holding out for April I think that ship has sailed , as its stands they still can't decide when the next class Will go in , meeting last week and no decisions were made so just hang in there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Class is mid May. Exact date to be confirmed in next 2 weeks. Delayed as the new controllers started 3 weeks later then originally planned. Offers will be given out in February.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Class is mid May. Exact date to be confirmed in next 2 weeks. Delayed as the new controllers started 3 weeks later then originally planned. Offers will be given out in February.

Numbers?

Numbers?

They are waiting to decide if the the remaining half of the 2017 recruit class will be joining the FF class for medic training I think. If so prob be small number off panel like last class. I heard Union are pushing for full class but yet also pushing for the 2017 class to be medic trained. It sounds like a big mess. As usual

• Advertisement

They are waiting to decide if the the remaining half of the 2017 recruit class will be joining the FF class for medic training I think. If so prob be small number off panel like last class. I heard Union are pushing for full class but yet also pushing for the 2017 class to be medic trained. It sounds like a big mess. As usual

Hopefully they take the full panel. Be interesting to see if they extend the duration for the remaining on it if they don't. Very frustrating how unorganized it is. Difficult to plan anything when you don't have any clue what will happen.

Hopefully they take the full panel. Be interesting to see if they extend the duration for the remaining on it if they don't. Very frustrating how unorganized it is. Difficult to plan anything when you don't have any clue what will happen.

It’s nuts. Not a single correspondence in 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

Logically they could bring in the rest of the panel train them up as firefighters let them pass out and send half them out on watches and let the other half do paramedic training with class 2017

Shadow104 wrote: »
    Logically they could bring in the rest of the panel train them up as firefighters let them pass out and send half them out on watches and let the other half do paramedic training with class 2017

Aye but that would make sense :p

Aye but that would make sense :p

Back to the drawing board 😂

Would you know when in February?? I'm away next week for the rest if the month 🙄

Would you know when in February?? I'm away next week for the rest if the month 🙄

Sure will prob change by Tomoro. Panel be scrapped haha

Sure will prob change by Tomoro. Panel be scrapped haha

Jesus don't be sayin them words hahaha me head is melted lads beyond a joke now at this stage 😂😂

Can't see the panel being scrapped seeing as though they agreed to extend it by 18 months at a DCC meeting last year correct me if I'm wrong

Would you know when in February?? I'm away next week for the rest if the month ��

I think no matter what they will have to accommodate somewhat after 3 years of no contact and then they send you dates. I work abroad most of the time and also have a 6 week notice period I will need to work so I am hoping they give us enough time to sort thing out.

I will hand in my notice at the first sniff of a CPAT/Medical

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

I think no matter what they will have to accommodate somewhat after 3 years of no contact and then they send you dates. I work abroad most of the time and also have a 6 week notice period I will need to work so I am hoping they give us enough time to sort thing out.

I will hand in my notice at the first sniff of a CPAT/Medical

You’ll probably get 10/12 weeks notice from contact over cpat & medical but I’d wait till you’ve passed these before you hand in notice.

You’ll still be ok for your 6 weeks notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SeniorEsc

Told today that the Subbies panel has been scrapped, word is that the Firefighter panel will follow suit in the next fortnight, not nice for anyone on both panels, really unfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

SeniorEsc wrote: »
    Told today that the Subbies panel has been scrapped, word is that the Firefighter panel will follow suit in the next fortnight

Who told you that ?

Talk is that class of 15 including 8 escs.

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Who told you that windy ?

Well the Subbies panel has been scrapped, that's official, they're saying now that the Firefighter panel is nearly 3 years old and no correspondence gone out that it will be scrapped in the next few weeks

He's on the wind up

Probably the same person who put up that 15 would be in the next class but then deleted it...

He's on the wind up

The Subbies panel will be on the Journal within 24 hours, we'll see who's on the wind up

Probably the same person who put up that 15 would be in the next class but then deleted it...

That's not deleted, it's on the previous page

Well the Subbies panel has been scrapped, that's official, they're saying now that the Firefighter panel is nearly 3 years old and no correspondence gone out that it will be scrapped in the next few weeks

The fact is that 75% is used and all indications are they need the other 25% - if it expires then they will have an expensive recruitment campaign next year or The DFB will be standing out with the Nurses

• Advertisement

The Subbies panel will be on the Journal within 24 hours, we'll see who's on the wind up

Even so why would that have an affect on the recruits panel??

Advertisement