Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

derra_121 wrote: »
    The fact is that 75% is used and all indications are they need the other 25% - if it expires then they will have an expensive recruitment campaign next year or The DFB will be standing out with the Nurses

They definitely need numbers , there’s no denying that. The need to recruit again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SeniorEsc

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    Even so why would that have an affect on the recruits panel??

All to do with funding from DCC, Subbies are badly needed and they're not being "made up" therefore the 20 Subbies will remain as Firefighters meaning there is now not going to be vacancies for a class of recruits, it's a complete get up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Million percent FF panel not being scrapped

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr.damo

SeniorEsc wrote: »
    Well the Subbies panel has been scrapped, that's official, they're saying now that the Firefighter panel is nearly 3 years old and no correspondence gone out that it will be scrapped in the next few weeks

You better let Dennis Keely know about this information because you seem to know more than the acting Chief about what's going on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭JDigweed

How many are left on the panel??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

JDigweed wrote: »

I think it's 39. If it's confirmed that they took 160 at the beginning.

JDigweed wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Does your source still reckon we'll hear something next week about exact dates Graham?
    I had heard similar but you know how plans change in this campaign!

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Does your source still reckon we'll hear something next week about exact dates Graham?
    I had heard similar but you know how plans change in this campaign!

Been told next 2-5 Days it’s being signed off by Chief executive hopefully. Pushing for as many numbers as can for mid May.

There should be a meeting of Special Committee on Fire/Ambulance Services and Emergency Management again sometime soon should there? Seems to be a quarterly thing judging by 2017 & 2018.

• Advertisement

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    There should be a meeting of Special Committee on Fire/Ambulance Services and Emergency Management again sometime soon should there? Seems to be a quarterly thing judging by 2017 & 2018.

There’s an agm tonight so there might be recruit course information from it

Fire1985 wrote: »
    There’s an agm tonight so there might be recruit course information from it

Sweet. Are you going to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Its a siptu agm not dcc or dfb

Its a siptu agm not dcc or dfb

Ye it was a siptu meeting for dfb members . No date confirmed still for ff class . It’s happening but no date yet .

Ye it was a siptu meeting for dfb members . No date confirmed still for ff class . It’s happening but no date yet .
    Was the amount of retirements for this year mentioned? I heard they're expecting 60 retirements this year

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Was there any mention of numbers??

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Fully had me Hope's up for at least a phone call this week! Pity maybe next week Haha

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    Fully had me Hope's up for at least a phone call this week! Pity maybe next week Haha
    There's always tomorrow!

Eoin Keegan hasn’t come back with a decision on signing the class off as of yet.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Eoin Keegan hasn’t come back with a decision on signing the class off as of yet.

I heard the same , it’ll still have to be May/June as the control room will be 10 people up soon

• Advertisement

I heard the same , it’ll still have to be May/June as the control room will be 10 people up soon

I wonder is it a decision on the class actually happening or just the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

It is a little worrying they can not make a decision either way :rolleyes:

From the dfb agm during the week all that was said is no dates yet , that the union will pressurise dcc. The class has to happen this year as dcc are under pressure to get escs out too who are already on contract extensions.

Massive pressure on dfb to move control room to tallaght too . Dfb management want it gone . The union are willing to allow it to move but under the right conditions.

When does ff panel officially expire?

Next month I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

End of March don't think they gave an actual date but in an email I got it said end of March.

Think it’s 22nd March

Just watched back the Special Committee on Fire/Ambulance Services and Emergency Management (Thu, 8th Nov 2018 - 1:30 pm) panel part, where it seemed set in stone there would be a class in April. The disagreement on numbers seems to be a major sticking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Jpm_24

Everyone will likely be called to training is what I’m hearing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Is the esc panel now fully used up from the latest class or is that panel still active? I had heard talk of a move to tallaght for the control room aswell but took it with a pinch of salt.

In years to come I'm wondering is it likely they will do as before and recruit esc and then move them onto FF roles after their time in control or run additional FF campaigns, either ways you would have to think the current panel will all get their call soon.

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Is the esc panel now fully used up from the latest class or is that panel still active? I had heard talk of a move to tallaght for the control room aswell but took it with a pinch of salt.

In years to come I'm wondering is it likely they will do as before and recruit esc and then move them onto FF roles after their time in control or run additional FF campaigns, either ways you would have to think the current panel will all get their call soon.

Yes this is the last of the escs coming in off current panel . I think it inevitable that it goes to tallaght . Only a matter of time , it’s obvious that it’ll go as the control room is very outdated . The system is an embarrassment. No investment in the control room . Nas have a better setup .

Who knows if they’ll keep going the esc route. Apparently they’re not doing it anymore.

Advertisement