Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Jimjimdd

Any updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Jimjimdd wrote: »
    Any updates?

Zero. All very quiet. Getting nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Zero. All very quiet. Getting nervous

Do you actually think they could scrap the panel ?

Fire1985 wrote: »
    Do you actually think they could scrap the panel ?

Suppose it’s getting so tight to expiration and no correspondence in 3 years yeah I’d be worried now

Suppose it’s getting so tight to expiration and no correspondence in 3 years yeah I’d be worried now

Complete Joke but I do think it’ll happen as new class coming into control room end of March . They’ll be signed off end of April

• Advertisement

Complete Joke but I do think it’ll happen as new class coming into control room end of March . They’ll be signed off end of April

T minus 4 weeks till bye bye. We shall see haha

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Surely at a minimum they will extend it. It costs nothing to extend it:eek:

derra_121 wrote: »
    Surely at a minimum they will extend it. It costs nothing to extend it:eek:

We are all sweating now haha

I do think it will happen I've seen they have been training lads up to instructor level to get them ready for recruits but at the same time I'm still sweating Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scoops22

I’ve said it about a year ago and I say it again. The way these guys are hiring is a joke. Total incompetence, not even a plan on how many staff they are taking or when they will take them.

Are we 4 years down the line now from the application date for the job? What a cod

• Advertisement

It's definitely getting too close to the expiry without contact.

If anyone else can be arsed Alison Gilland from the labour party heads up the DCC special committee for fire/ambulance and emergency management.

I have been in contact before but might be worth a few others emailing too asking her for details. She will have a direct line in I'd guess.
    alisongilliland.ie @ gmail . com

Surely can't hurt for some pressure from that side.

derra_121 wrote: »
    It's definitely getting too close to the expiry without contact.

If anyone else can be arsed Alison Gilland from the labour party heads up the DCC special committee for fire/ambulance and emergency management.

I have been in contact before but might be worth a few others emailing too asking her for details. She will have a direct line in I'd guess.
    alisongilliland.ie @ gmail . com

Surely can't hurt for some pressure from that side.

I’ve also been onto her. Very helpful

Yeah she has. She knocked at my door initially and I explained the situation she has no hassle bringing it up and replying to emails.

She will get my next vote ha ha

Any update from her ?

Any update from her ?

Nothing. It’s in Keegan’s hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Nothing. It’s in Keegan’s hands

Any use in dropping keegs an email ? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Any use in dropping keegs an email ? 😂

I think that might be a step too far Owen Keegan couldn't care less if you never get into the job tbh.!! Truth of it is lads is that there's a lot of internal things going on within the job IE D.O,s
    issues subbies panel issues 21 firefighters that are still not paramedic trained, then you have the control room inevitably going to tallaght under Nas, chief is only in offially less than a week so be patient with it guys. Latest is that a class is being hopefully put in in June I heard 48 whether escs are included not sure. It's all hearsay at the minute unfortunately but if it is June contact should be made late next month

Shadow104 wrote: »
    I think that might be a step too far Owen Keegan couldn't care less if you never get into the job tbh.!! Truth of it is lads is that there's a lot of internal things going on within the job IE D.O,s
    issues subbies panel issues 21 firefighters that are still not paramedic trained, then you have the control room inevitably going to tallaght under Nas, chief is only in offially less than a week so be patient with it guys. Latest is that a class is being hopefully put in in June I heard 48 whether escs are included not sure. It's all hearsay at the minute unfortunately but if it is June contact should be made late next month

I'd imagine well be hearing before then either way either the expiry date been late next month.

I was told may from a fella in there again today so holding tight

Emailed cllr gilliland on Wednesday and just got the following:

Thank you for getting in touch and my apologies for the delay in responding to you.

At present there are 42 on the panel and training for the next cohort will begin at the end of May, beginning of June - we had hoped that it would start in April but negotiations regarding staffing levels are still ongoing.

I'm not sure where you are on the panel but at a minimum of the first 30 on the panel will proceed to training. However, it is hoped that all 42 will proceed. The acting chief is awaiting approval to contact the panel, once cleared by the DDC CEO you should receive some sort of communication.

If you are not those on the panel will be retained - I got a motion to this effect passed at the DCC Special Committee for Fire/Ambulance and Emergency Management last year.

The next Special Committee meeting will be in early April and at that stage I hope that many of the current issues will be resolved.

Hope that's of help.

- ——

Over the moon!

Thursday 3 weeks is the expiry of the Panel so I guess we will know one way or another by then.

I am very close to starting a new job too, the stress this limbo is causing must be part of the training :P

• Advertisement

Sick of it at this stage. Last year class supposed to be class of 50 then they drop to 30. Next class supposed to be feb then March then April for 150% even mentioned in the committee meeting broadcast to the public. Then it went to May and now it’s probably June. It’s an absolute farce the process. No correspondence off them whatsoever here we are 3 weeks from panel expiration roughly and we have to email people who don’t even work for DFB. Shocking. It will come near June and it will be put off again and then when it comes to it probably drop the numbers for the class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭Abbey127

Hi does anyone know if they will be recruiting again soon?

Panel extended until end of this year.

Panel extended until end of this year.

Officially? Doubt it'll be a full class for may then

Officially? Doubt it'll be a full class for may then

Yep I’m sure everyone be contacted soon

Yep I’m sure everyone be contacted soon

So who signed off on the panel extension the same fella were waiting to sign off for the may class?!

Gonna be put on the long finger now again I'd say

So who signed off on the panel extension the same fella were waiting to sign off for the may class?!

Gonna be put on the long finger now again I'd say

Mate I’m only trying to help pass on anything I can. Don’t shoot the messenger. I am sick of it also. Just trying to help out any of us that are sweating it out.

Mate I’m only trying to help pass on anything I can. Don’t shoot the messenger. I am sick of it also. Just trying to help out any of us that are sweating it out.

I know fair play to ya man that wasnt aimed at you just in general sorry Haha

Just a pain in the arse not knowing

• Advertisement

Another week rolls by... Into the month where we must get some form of official communication surely

Advertisement