Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭megabantz

All the talk about a flawed system and cheaters is comical.

Are people forgetting that 3 of the tests were from your own opinion on situations and your personality! Only the maths was cheatable if you had of thought outside the box it was cheatable but gluck cheating in the verification stage!

LOL, don't be bitter you didn't score well enough that's how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

megabantz wrote: »
    All the talk about a flawed system and cheaters is comical.

Are people forgetting that 3 of the tests were from your own opinion on situations and your personality! Only the maths was cheatable if you had of thought outside the box it was cheatable but gluck cheating in the verification stage!

Yeah it is fairly funny, I am more worried about how would you say it, It wouldn't be forgetting the answers but as you say there are more personality based that I may change my answers on the next day.

Still excited and nervous for the next stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Cedric87

Apparently they are calling 700 and then the rest will be called when needed

Cedric87 wrote: »
    Apparently they are calling 700 and then the rest will be called when needed

I would highly doubt this.

In previous competitions they have taken 800 roughly through for interview to take 200 roughly on a panel.

Taking 700 through at this stage means unless they plan on taking every one of the 700 through to interview then they simply wont be taking enough people into interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

In previous competitions they have taken 800 roughly through for interview to take 200 roughly on a panel.

Taking 700 through at this stage means unless they plan on taking every one of the 700 through to interview then they simply wont be taking enough people into interview.

I think the Gards did something similiar, called people in groups/bands as they needed them, so wouldn't surprise me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

!

Who's bitter? And who didnt score enough?. You have me puzzled.

Also to point out nobody knows if they scored high enough as to get to the next round as it hasent been set yet.

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    Who's bitter? And who didnt score enough?. You have me puzzled.

Also to point out nobody knows if they scored high enough as to get to the next round as it hasent been set yet.

A few posters seem to use the words cheaters a lot, that's bitter esp when they don't know for sure if people cheated.

What wouldn't be bitter would be if those posters posted saying they didnt get it this time but congrats to those who did.

Just because you don't score well doesn't mean everyone else cheated.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lonfire1

I agree.... Hardly make a cut from over 7000 to 700.... Wouldn't make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

There were almost 25k applicants for the Garda recruitment, they then split it into bands 1,2,3 of those who passed the first online tests. Band 1 was 5000 people who initially went through to the next stage of online tests, within that stage they then split it up again, and took the first 600 through to the supervised retests in person.

It was a fairly continuous process though with each group of numbers following to the next stage depending on their placement/band.

Having said that its all speculation, the only people who know whats happening is PAS and DCC, unless Arruabarrena can shed a bit more light on it it's just a waiting game.

Just got email, more tests next week in PAS

• Advertisement

check your mails boys and girls! round 2 is a go! 5 tests including the maths from last time!

Yup, supervised as predicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

Is everyone on the 15th?

stringbox wrote: »
    Is everyone on the 15th?

it will be spread out over a week. not everyone will be called on the same day.

roughly what number did you get from the last test? ball park?

13th

roughly what number did you get from the last test? ball park?
    In the region of 300. So I would assume I would be in the first band.

an interesting read of the Booklet. in particular

"Candidates should note that test scores attained at any stage in this campaign may carry forward to any open recruitment for Firefighter/Emergency Services Controller, or any other competition conducted by the Public Appointments Service within a 12 month period. This will be determined by PAS on a case by case basis."

i wonder how many people can sit the test per day? it says an 11:45 start time did anyone get a later time? and what dates did people get?

i see the 13th and 15th are mentioned so we can assume the 14th is being done also. Anyone else get a different date?

"Candidates should note that test scores attained at any stage in this campaign may carry forward to any open recruitment for Firefighter/Emergency Services Controller, or any other competition conducted by the Public Appointments Service within a 12 month period. This will be determined by PAS on a case by case basis."

Sounds like a copy and paste job from the last campaign. I can't be the only one who applied for the DFB controller competition that's open now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

an interesting read of the Booklet. in particular

i wonder how many people can sit the test per day? it says an 11:45 start time did anyone get a later time? and what dates did people get?

i see the 13th and 15th are mentioned so we can assume the 14th is being done also. Anyone else get a different date?

I got the 14th. Is there any websites that you can practice the maths as in the part where you get the number then have to arrive at that figure with a calculation. I want to be sharp as a knife going in here do not want to fúck this up. I am bricking it.

I'm also wondering if I can move the day. Anyone know ?

interesting to see how many get invited for the test. My guess as i have said will be around 1000, i would be interested to hear from anyone that placed more than 1000 of they were invited to the next round. anyone know roughly how many people can sit at one time in the PAS building? i have ZERO idea but i would be surprised if it was more than 75 people at a time? anyone else been to that building for a test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Normally if you can't make a particular day it is acceptable to arrive on a different day. Just check with HR in DCC to see if this is still the case.

Normally there are two 'classes' per day but 11:45 start suggests it may be different this time.

Normally there are two 'classes' per day but 11:45 start suggests it may be different this time.

It also states to allow 3hrs for the process. so "If" there was a test before that one it would have to be 8:45am start. sounds unlikely

It looks like roughly 100 a day? I got between 200-300 on the order of merit and I'm on the third day

stringbox wrote: »
    It looks like roughly 100 a day? I got between 200-300 on the order of merit and I'm on the third day

and is your start time 11:45am ?

and is your start time 11:45am ?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

I got 4×× in the order of merit and my time is 3pm on sat 16th.

Jayroyal dont mention your exact place. edit that post. you never know who is reading this thread

jayroyal wrote: »
    I got xxx in the order of merit and my time is 3pm on sat 16th.
    Don't tell people your exact number.

from what im reading so far i am guessing the following

Wednesday 13th 1-100
    Thursday 14th 101-200
    Friday 15th 201-300
    Saturday 16th 301-400
    Monday 18th 401-500
    Tuesday 19th 501-600
    Wednesday 20th 601-700
    Thursday 21st 701-800
    Friday 22nd 801-900