Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

Has anyone heard anymore in relation to when the results will be out?

Should be next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

I'm hoping it is this week, with Christmas coming up it doesn't leave much time to fill out the application forms get them reviewed and then called to interview in January.

If successful, I will need more than a couple of days notice to get the day off work for an interview.

Who got interview

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sullydublin

Who got interview

Just missed out, best of luck to everyone moving on to the next round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

How important is your position on the order of merit at this point?

• Advertisement

Just missed out, best of luck to everyone moving on to the next round.

Same here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Just outside top 500 raging! My scores seemed high too!

Just outside top 500 raging! My scores seemed high too!

Do you have to finish top 500?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Hoopy1888

''Dublin City Council (DCC) will be in contact with you shortly in relation to the next stage of the process where you will be required to submit a detailed application form with supporting documentation in the coming days and candidates should regularly check their email, including spam, for communications from DCC''

Hi All, I got the above. Does this mean I made it through to the interview or would you be given a date if you did make it through?

Im in the 200s

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Happy days. shocked really thought i ****ed up the maths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

Hoopy1888 wrote: »
    ''Dublin City Council (DCC) will be in contact with you shortly in relation to the next stage of the process where you will be required to submit a detailed application form with supporting documentation in the coming days and candidates should regularly check their email, including spam, for communications from DCC''

Hi All, I got the above. Does this mean I made it through to the interview or would you be given a date if you did make it through?

Im in the 200s

yes, congratulations.
    How important is your position on the order of merit at this point?

Order of merit at this stage doesn't mean much, you may be number 1 on the order of merit in following the tests but depending on your application to DCC, you may not be brought to interview. Your overall score in the 4 tests are worth up to 30 marks in your final order of merit though.

I've been successful myself, delighted with the result! best of luck to everyone who has been successful, and commiserations to those who missed out.

So 500 for interview, with I'd imagine a panel minimum of 150. Almost a 1/3 chance best odds ever. I passed the test but not top 500 so it's a cruel faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

I was lucky enough to get through with a higher order of merit than I’d have expected! Hard luck to anyone who hasn’t been successful but the competitions should be every couple of years from here on so it’s just a waiting game!

Do you have to finish top 500?

For now yes, as long as you passed aptitude they may call some more depending on if they get what they want from top 500. I live in hope. Amazing odds now 1/3 chance at least at interview normally the odds are 1/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

For now yes, as long as you passed aptitude they may call some more depending on if they get what they want from top 500. I live in hope. Amazing odds now 1/3 chance at least at interview normally the odds are 1/4.

Bare in mind there's no mention of how many are through to round 3. 500 isn't mentioned anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Shamrock12

Hoopy1888 wrote: »

Im in the 200s

You made it pal well done

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Shamrock12

Absolutely Gutted I didn't get below 500 passed stage 2 but not enough totally gutted the only job iv ever wanted. Anyway best off luck to all those going forward may the new year bring use all happiness

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Do you think they will require copies of education certificates for the application form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Rumour is 480 for interview

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Rumour is 480 for interview

Dublin City Council have requested details on the top 500 candidates on the OOM at this stage. You will be contacted should Dublin City Council require further candidates and we reach your place on the OOM.

It's 500 for interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 happy2help

Royal87 wrote: »
    Do you think they will require copies of education certificates for the application form

Would love to know this one myself, start rounding up all the old certs.

Tardis wrote: »
    Bare in mind there's no mention of how many are through to round 3. 500 isn't mentioned anywhere

Dublin City Council have requested details on the top 500 candidates on the OOM at this stage. You will be contacted should Dublin City Council require further candidates and we reach your place on the OOM.

Read the email, it's 500 for interview

happy2help wrote: »
    Would love to know this one myself, start rounding up all the old certs.

All original certs are needed, I've done the interview 3 times before.

Panel of 150-200

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Panel of 150-200

With 500 for interview doesn't give them much choice. Surprised they didn't interview at least 600 if your numbers are correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

Fairly happy with my result today and to make it to the stage to be considered on application for interview!

Commiserations to those that did not get what they wanted today and congratulations to does who did.

I wonder will DCC have the applications out soon?

With 500 for interview doesn't give them much choice. Surprised they didn't interview at least 600 if your numbers are correct.

That’s what’s going around work anyway 150-200

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Does anyone know how long DCC will allow for the application to be filled out?

Congrats to all who passed.

Hard luck to those who didnt make the cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Just outside the 500 myself, ah well surprised I even passed it tbh after the maths in particular. Best of luck to those going forward!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Panel of 150

Advertisement