Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

TicTacDoc wrote: »
    from what im reading so far i am guessing the following

Wednesday 13th 1-100
    Thursday 14th 101-200
    Friday 15th 201-300
    Saturday 16th 301-400
    Monday 18th 401-500
    Tuesday 19th 501-600
    Wednesday 20th 601-700
    Thursday 21st 701-800
    Friday 22nd 801-900
    Saturday 23rd 901-1000

Let me know if your placing is different that what i am guessing

Yup you are spot on for me. 101-200 thursday 14th

Anyone got a date that finished above 500?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    I'm in at 8.30 on the 15th. I was between 200-250 in order of merit

interesting. Now i am thinking there will be 2 groups of 50 per day 1 group @ 8:30am the other @ 11:45am. we shall see what others come back with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

interesting. Now i am thinking there will be 2 groups of 50 per day 1 group @ 8:30am the other @ 11:45am. we shall see what others come back with
    That ties with my placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Horusire

i got between 100-150 and Iam at 11:45am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

1000 will be the magic number brought forward for testing. My time is 8:30 on the 15th. Does anyone have any examples of the observation testing? It's interesting that they will cross check your results with stage one and expect a similar score. Is there no consideration for nerves on the day? I highly doubt it will be the exact same questions more like the same formulas required but different questions.

• Advertisement

My friend got placed mid 500's and no word! But they may well retest first 500 and see how that goes first.

Horusire wrote: »
    i got between 100-150 and Iam at 11:45am.

hmmm, than my logic is out the window!! anyhow moving on.... ;)
    1000 will be the magic number brought forward for testing. My time is 8:30 on the 15th. Does anyone have any examples of the observation testing? It's interesting that they will cross check your results with stage one and expect a similar score. Is there no consideration for nerves on the day? I highly doubt it will be the exact same questions more like the same formulas required but different questions.

how do you know 1000 will be the magic number? im only guessing.

my opinion on the nerves is that you are going for a career where nerves will be a daily factor so if you cant deal with them now you might never deal with them.

Is there no consideration for nerves on the day?
    I don't know about you, but I was pretty nervous doing the online test, so I'll hopefully have the same level of nerves on the day.

I think that unless there was a huge difference between your results on the day and the online one nothing will be said.

My friend got placed mid 500's and no word! But they may well retest first 500 and see how that goes first.

tell him to log on directly to PublicJobs.ie the emails are coming slow but the message should be in the message board if he did get a call back

Out of interest how many here did the test preperation course and was is useful?

• Advertisement

My brother is in the service and I have 3 friends in it. That is the rumour 1000 will be retested.

My brother is in the service and I have 3 friends in it. That is the rumour 1000 will be retested.

oh cool, thanks

Out of interest how many here did the test preperation course and was is useful?
    I did the one in Limerick and found it pretty helpful. But they won't hold your hand or raise your score 800%. I think it comes down to if you practice and how bad you want it. At this stage anyway.

Is no one concerned about the video observations? I stand corrected my friend placed mid 500's being tested Monday 18th. Trust me 1000 will be retested.

Has anyone any links to the applied maths examples? I could personally do with a refresher on them!

Trust me 1000 will be retested.

Somebody help me with the maths here:
    STAGE 1: ONLINE TEST: 7000 applicants
    STAGE 2: SUPERVISED TEST: 1000 applicants
    STAGE 3: INTERVIEW: ??? applicants
    STAGE 4: CPAT AND MEDICAL: ??? applicants
    STAGE 5: PANEL: 100 applicants
    STAGE 6: 55 people start training in July/August
    It seems to me that they need to take way more than 1000 at this stage, if they are to cull more than half at each subsequent stage. Maybe band A of 1000 now and band B of 1000 in February?

66 positions needed asap. Huge amout of retirements due aswell. A class of calltakers is starting this month as fully fledged firemen they will take six months to be trained so June /July before they pass out. There isn't capacity for two classes side by side as far as I know so any of us who get the job won't start training until the summer at the earliest. How many they are retesting is not something that should matter unless you pass this round it's all irrelevant. I would imagine ultimately they will want at least 200 ready to be employed when the need arises so 200 out of 1000 means 1 in 5 gets the job potentially. But only 66 immediately then on a needed basis.

Is no one concerned about the video observations?

Why be concerned over something you cant control? their is nothing online you can study that i am aware of.

stringbox wrote: »
    Somebody help me with the maths here:
    STAGE 3: INTERVIEW: ??? applicants
    STAGE 4: CPAT AND MEDICAL: ??? applicants
    STAGE 5: PANEL: 100 applicants
    It seems to me that they need to take way more than 1000 at this stage, if they are to cull more than half at each subsequent stage. Maybe band A of 1000 now and band B of 1000 in February?

My guess

STAGE 3: INTERVIEW: 600 applicants
    STAGE 4: CPAT AND MEDICAL: 400 applicants
    STAGE 5: PANEL: 250 applicants

66 positions needed asap. Huge amout of retirements due aswell. A class of calltakers is starting this month as fully fledged firemen they will take six months to be trained so June /July before they pass out. There isn't capacity for two classes side by side as far as I know so any of us who get the job won't start training until the summer at the earliest. How many they are retesting is not something that should matter unless you pass this round it's all irrelevant. I would imagine ultimately they will want at least 200 ready to be employed when the need arises so 200 out of 1000 means 1 in 5 gets the job potentially. But only 66 immediately then on a needed basis.

A+ very informative. I'm wondering about my buddy who placed around 3000. Is it safe to assume he's out?

• Advertisement

stringbox wrote: »
    A+ very informative. I'm wondering about my buddy who placed around 3000. Is it safe to assume he's out?

i dont think anyone can say for sure. did he get an email or a posting on his Message board on publicjobs?

Yes 3000 has no chance!

i dont think anyone can say for sure. did he get an email or a posting on his Message board on publicjobs?
    I don't want to ask him, he'll be devastated.

Yes 3000 has no chance!

I dont think it would be fair for anyone who got asked back to the next round to say that. thats just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

As I've posted previously, the class starting the last week in January is made up of escs, remainder of previous internal and 20 of new internal plus a few limerick lads. They will not be doing their ems training as part of their initial training so they will be operational by end of May.

2nd class starting end May/ start June made up of approx 50 from the new external panel. Again no ems training initially. Pass out in 4 months amd go operational and at that stage the 1st class come back to do their ems training.

3rd class pencilled in for November made up of next 50 from the panel.

In my opinion regards the next few stages. I reckon they will call x amount in batches to do the supervised testings with the aim of having 600 - 800 thru to interviews as next stage. Therefore I reckon at least 2000 to 2500 will be called for supervised testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Yes 3000 has no chance!

Wouldn't say he has no chance at all.

I suppose much depends on how well the first 1000 of us do! If we all pass with flying colours that will determine how far down the ladder they go.

Publicjobs.ie is all about savings they won't retest 3000, unless the first 1000 are proven to be cheaters on the whole and fail badly at stage 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭razor12345

does anyone have a link to the current pay scales for a firefighter

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Just talking to a mate early 700s and he didn't get a mail or text today and nothing in his public jobs account either.

What's the reasoning behind no initial ems training and how will that fare out in the probation or post probation period?

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    What's the reasoning behind no initial ems training and how will that fare out in the probation or post probation period?

the manning levels are below the agreed levels. then need firefighters quick to cover retirements. after the levels have stabilized they will send new recruits back to train as Paramedics.

Advertisement