Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

didds wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I hope you're correct with that. It'll be short notice to rearrange work if the date changes.

They've already said due to the number of interviews being done it's not possible to rearrange your time and date for interview

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭didds

Tardis wrote: »
    They've already said due to the number of interviews being done it's not possible to rearrange your time and date for interview

Yes, we can't change our date but, as far as I understand it, that doesn't mean they won't change the provisional date.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

Anybody do the interview prep course and mock interview for the next stage this weekend in Pearse st? Opinions if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Atlantic101

Has anyone received any more info on their interview? Confirming dates or informing who is on board yet?

Has anyone received any more info on their interview? Confirming dates or informing who is on board yet?

Not as yet. Have you?

• Advertisement

Not as yet. Have you?

No nothing my end although I’m towards the end of the interviews so probably won’t hear for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Just had a crack at the physical in my gym!
    Piece of piss until the Chester Treadmill test! It's interesting. Being 5'6 doesnt help on the higher gradients 😂

Burkatron wrote: »
    Piece of piss until the Chester Treadmill test! It's interesting. Being 5'6 doesnt help on the higher gradients 😂

Yeah, working towards it myself. Any idea how long we're looking at if we pass the interview until the physical?

Yeah, working towards it myself. Any idea how long we're looking at if we pass the interview until the physical?

From reading the information booklet it looks like the medical comes first. It doesn’t seem to give a timeframe if I remember correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Tintin8

Burkatron wrote: »

Ah the physical is easier than the old cpat so happy days .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nifrs975

Did anyone receive an email to say their qualifications don't meet the criteria and are withdrawn from interview. I received an email to say so however my qualifications meet the criteria and more. Is this a system error or is there anything i could do to question this? Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Nifrs975 wrote: »
    Did anyone receive an email to say their qualifications don't meet the criteria and are withdrawn from interview. I received an email to say so however my qualifications meet the criteria and more. Is this a system error or is there anything i could do to question this? Any help greatly appreciated.

No haven't received anything from them.
    What did you use for your qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Did u get sorted

If your qualifications are ok then ring them today and give out stink .

Have interview monday morning still no confirmation anyone know what's going on

Royal87 wrote: »

Ring them is best bet

Tintin8 wrote: »
    Ring them is best bet

Tryed that no one ever available.
    Emailed too no reply

Given no further information, you'll have to assume the original arrangement still stands. No harm in a phone call to them though.

Given no further information, you'll have to assume the original arrangement still stands. No harm in a phone call to them though.

Finally got through HR said massive back log to get through and email be sent by close of business today.

Finally got through HR said massive back log to get through and email be sent by close of business today.

Good to know. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nifrs975

Did u get sorted

Got sorted with QQI. They explained my qualifications to DFB and interview is back on. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Is Monday first day of interviews? Anyone know the last day?
    Best of luck to all doing them.

Got confirmation of my interview but they dont tell you who your interview panel is?

As was done in previous years.

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Is Monday first day of interviews? Anyone know the last day?
    Best of luck to all doing them.

Start Monday and finish 7th February

Hi. Is there any significance to our new candidate ID? Does it reflect a ranking?

Hi. Is there any significance to our new candidate ID? Does it reflect a ranking?

It literally says in the sentence where we were given the new ID number that’s it’s based on alphabetical order....

It literally says in the sentence where we were given the new ID number that’s it’s based on alphabetical order....

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

Got confirmation of my interview but they dont tell you who your interview panel is?

As was done in previous years.

Strange. Maybe DCC is trying to stamp out nepotism.

If we pass muster on the interview, what is roughly the timeline here for medical, physical exam etc? Two / three weeks after interview? Sooner?

• Advertisement

If we pass muster on the interview, what is roughly the timeline here for medical, physical exam etc? Two / three weeks after interview? Sooner?

You only be called for medical or fitness ifvyou get first class which is rumoured to be in april

Advertisement