Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DePaste

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    Yeah. I dunno, just didn't click with the panel. Even got a C licence and everything to improve my chances along with first aid course, manual handling anything to improve my chances. Dunno if I be bothered applying again. My character obviously isn't suited to the job if three people now from DFB rejected the application.

Was that your first time applying? If so then get the feedback and why not go again? It’s my first time and once I know where I went wrong then I won’t let it happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

DePaste wrote: »
    Was that your first time applying? If so then get the feedback and why not go again? It’s my first time and once I know where I went wrong then I won’t let it happen again.

Second time going. Think I might take the hint this time.

Annoying, and annoying to think some people might not even take up the offer!

I used feedback from the last interview for this and then they changed the whole structure of interview.

Like I would apply again if it was a yearly thing. But every 3 years. It be a drop in pay and I ain't getting any younger.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgod83

I got in

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Got in. Slightly in shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Royal87

Dooj wrote: »
    Got in. Slightly in shock.

Same thought i was seen thing's when i read email

• Advertisement

Well done all

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mcdonnc5

Got in phew! :)

Tintin8 wrote: »
    We’ll done everyone? Whoever got top 38 will be in first class Unless they take the 9 into account who’ve to still do paramedic course then it’ll be top 29. I’ll see what I can find out when I’m in work .

Congratulations

Are thry definitely only taking 38

What was the panel size lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Royal87 wrote: »
    Same thought i was seen thing's when i read email

Got the mother to read it to double check 🙈

• Advertisement

Do we get dates or do they just contact us when we are next in line?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Simba 12

Yeah. I dunno, just didn't click with the panel. Even got a C licence and everything to improve my chances along with first aid course, manual handling anything to improve my chances. Dunno if I be bothered applying again. My character obviously isn't suited to the job if three people now from DFB rejected the application.

I know how you feel pal, I got all categories possible on my licence (even tram licence:) I work on an ambulance, speak fluently 5 languages. Didn't help .... so maybe next time

Simba 12 wrote: »
    I know how you feel pal, I got all categories possible on my licence (even tram licence:) I work on an ambulance, speak fluently 5 languages. Didn't help .... so maybe next time

Cheers!

Best of luck to everyone.

I think they will do 2 x classes this year the DFB class 15 is booked in to PHECC exams on September 1st with 48 students

And then another one booked for 25 November for anothers 48 students

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

I think they will do 2 x classes this year the DFB class 15 is booked in to PHECC exams on September 1st with 48 students

And then another one booked for 25 November for anothers 48 students

Whats DFB class 15?? Are you 100 sure there are 2 classes booked for the phecc exams??

• Registered Users Posts: 4 R9238

Well done to everyone who got in must be a great feeling i went for it the last campaign and was unsuccessful was told i could do with more experience so i joined the retained service for the last 2 and a half years done at least 20 courses including esds thought i done a great interview this time but didn't make the grade heartbroken but honestly well done to everyone its the best job in the world and in my opinion you all are now going to be with the best brigade in the country enjoy it.

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Whats DFB class 15?? Are you 100 sure there are 2 classes booked for the phecc exams??

Its on the PHECC website they have booked two DFB classes in

• Registered Users Posts: 4 happy2help

Well done to everyone who got in. Unsuccesful myself, but this was my first time applying and proud of how far I got. Just go away now and work hard for the next recruitment.

To anyone who didnt get it, keep your head up, apply for feedback on how you did and spend the next 3 years (assuming) improving yourself to give yourself a better shot at the next one.

Best of luck folks. See yas for Movember ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Shadow104

That's for previous paramedic classes by the look of it for short written answers exams. Cannot see 2 classes being done this year they cannot cope with losing personnel going out to the obi for that duration. Hopefully for those that made it to the panel that sit a little towards the latter end of it they could go 2 classes 2021 but I, ll give you all a bit of advice the brigade changes all the time in regards to recruitment numbers, class sizes and start dates etc a lot of what you will hear is speculation so don't take it for gospel. Panel expires in 2023 so don't be surprised if it takes some of you that long to get in. The last class from the previous panel literally only got in before it expired. Well done to all who passed the interview and hard luck to those who where, nt successful hopefully you get a chance next time

For the lads that got in.

Would you mind giving advise to us? What way did you lads approach the interview? What did you think pushed your application over the line? Anything else relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 JTH80

Hard luck tall glass. Don’t give up. The amount of lads and lassies in the job that it took multiple times to be successful it is very common.
    Improve on your first aid for next time and get your EFR and EMT done.
    If you’re not in any of the voluntaries join AFS/OMAC/ redcross or the Garda reserve.
    I know it’s hard to take but get the feedback form and get back up on the horse for the next campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Fire1985

Class 15 is last years class. They’ll come in for 1 day is all . The class this year is class 16 who’s exams are in November. Only one dfb class this year

Would you mind giving advise to us? What way did you lads approach the interview? What did you think pushed your application over the line? Anything else relevant.

I was just honest and open gave answers to the competencies based around current employment, sports and life in general.
    Did bog them down with too much DFB knowledge.

Kept it simple visited one pump station, visted 2 pump station with TRV etc.
    Explained i was willing to learn everyday etc.
    I thought i did crap to be honest.

I applied few years didnt even get interview stage. I was really nervous leaving as i was in and out within 25 min which i thought was too short.

I feel people were putting to much emphasis on DFB language, using station numbers, district codes. I was told my local SO they want people to learn from scratch and dont expect you to know everything.
    I bought a book from amazon based on how to pass uk fire service interview it helped me so much.
    Dont give up im a strong believer in whats meant for you wont pass ya.

I was nervous , but went in trying to be care free , kept telling myself , those interviewing me aren't better than me , basically approached it as if it was a conversation with 3 other people.
    I used a bit of humour which seemed to work because I got a laugh back , but it was from a question I was asked and it was a perfect line up for humour.
    I did do alot of needless study , which confused me ,too much to take in , I went to 7 stations , I now know it was totally unnecessary .
    I also felt I had a bad interview , so much I didn't say that I believe would have got me more brownie points, but look I got in ,so something went right.

Edgod83 wrote: »
    I was nervous , but went in trying to be care free , kept telling myself , those interviewing me aren't better than me , basically approached it as if it was a conversation with 3 other people.
    I used a bit of humour which seemed to work because I got a laugh back , but it was from a question I was asked and it was a perfect line up for humour.
    I did do alot of needless study , which confused me ,too much to take in , I went to 7 stations , I now know it was totally unnecessary .
    I also felt I had a bad interview , so much I didn't say that I believe would have got me more brownie points, but look I got in ,so something went right.

Same man well said i had a good laugh with me kept eye contact and just had a basic conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 27 janedoe88

Anyone in the first class?

Any idea what we should be doing now?

Training or prep wise?

janedoe88 wrote: »

Training or prep wise?

Might just miss first class not much prep really we can do. DFB mate told me keep cardio training up weight training and if im really eager to start looking at anatomy and physiology books

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

Came 63rd in order of merit, I’m probably looking at next year realistically would I be right?
    Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

janedoe88 wrote: »

Training or prep wise?

Learn how to swim 4 lengths of a 25metre swimming pool in under 2 mins

• Advertisement

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Learn how to swim 4 lengths of a 25metre swimming pool in under 2 mins

Where does it say this