Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 McGDaniel

TheButcher wrote: »
    Next class not confirmed yet so anyone who says January is waffling

Is there a possibility they won't recruit class 2 next year or it m ay be delayed until summer? From what I've heard dfb really need numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

McGDaniel wrote: »
    Is there a possibility thegy won't recruit class 2 next year or it m ay be delayed until summer? From what I've heard dfb really need numbers

The class will happen in 2021 but when isn’t confirmed yet. More than likely similar start date to class that’s currently in obi. Covid is the main issue with it. As you say , dfb need numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Carter 212

Not lookin likely to get a call for medical/physical this side of Christmas wit all that's going on!
    Anyone hear anything about next class?

McGDaniel wrote: »
    Is there a possibility they won't recruit class 2 next year or it m ay be delayed until summer? From what I've heard dfb really need numbers

With covid anything can happen. They could decide to not have any class in 2021. But if I was a betting man I’d say next summer . I think there was a union meeting during the week over funding for next year so I’m sure it was spoken about .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ON123

Hopefully the fact they took a class in during the height of Covid and the restrictions etc it can be done again if needed. Prob won’t hear anything mid next year I presume, waiting game unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 lunanambuna

Anybody here have information on what the medical entails, is there chest x rays, blood or urine sample etc? Thanks

Anybody here have information on what the medical entails, is there chest x rays, blood or urine sample etc? Thanks

Peak flow test , urine test , step test , hearing test , vision test ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Next class not confirmed yet so anyone who says January is waffling

Where are you getting your info about class 2 starting in May?

Where are you getting your info about class 2 starting in May?

Only said if I was a betting man I’d say it’ll start the same time as the class this year . It’s not confirmed yet

Anyone any idea when class one are due to finish/hit the stations? There will probably be more clarification on class 2 when the first class finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 DalkeyDiver

Carter 212 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea when class one are due to finish/hit the stations? There will probably be more clarification on class 2 when the first class finish.

Week after next

Week after next

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Jim Royle

Anyone get any mails/post about the second class

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Edgod83

Jim Royle wrote: »
    Anyone get any mails/post about the second class
    Something tells me it's gonna be as late as they can possibly hold it, with the numbers being so high, I've a terrible feeling they aren't
    gonna make it to me before the panel is closed, I'm 132.

I spoke to HR the other day and was told there's no date set. They said covid has thrown a spanner in the works and could not give any definite dates for next class unfortunately. Really hoping it's before the summer. Anyone any idea how much notice is normally given for medical if they do email?

Hopefully it'll be the same timing as the first class. If they ease restrictions mid Feb as in my opinion they may extend it, it will give us a few weeks to do medical & fitness test in time for April. Training is going to different anyway and I'm sure its going to be smoother with the 2nd batch and onwards. We just got to be patient, its on its way

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DevonKE13

Seeing as I'm 126 on the panel - I am NOT holding my breath over it unfortunately...

DevonKE13 wrote: »
    Seeing as I'm 126 on the panel - I am NOT holding my breath over it unfortunately...
    You could be all good for a 3rd class!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 VirgilVD

Any idea why they will call to? Think they called up to 42/44 in first round

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DevonKE13

Told lots of different things, so never know what to believe. Was told they'd use the full panel - but that was before covid...

• Advertisement

VirgilVD wrote: »
    Any idea why they will call to? Think they called up to 42/44 in first round

They took 38 off the panel lads.

Carter 212 wrote: »
    I spoke to HR the other day and was told there's no date set. They said covid has thrown a spanner in the works and could not give any definite dates for next class unfortunately. Really hoping it's before the summer. Anyone any idea how much notice is normally given for medical if they do email?

So class 1 were contacted not long after Christmas & it started 27th April . They rushed the start date because of COVID. I think because class one going so well that they’ll run another in the summer. Nothing confirmed yet. New lads are struggling to get 3rd man hours done on the ambulance because there’s 100+ currently out on COVID leave . The job needs more firefighters

So class 1 were contacted not long after Christmas & it started 27th April . They rushed the start date because of COVID. I think because class one going so well that they’ll run another in the summer. Nothing confirmed yet. New lads are struggling to get 3rd man hours done on the ambulance because there’s 100+ currently out on COVID leave . The job needs more firefighters

Cheers for the info Butcher. So you reckon it won't be rushed this time and could be pushed back a bit. Sure if we're still in lockdown in Feb what can ya do.

Do you know if medical comes first then physical?

Also with alot of lads out of the job at the moment prob means be hard to get lads out of the station to train too

They took 38 off the panel lads.

Ah right, I just heard a few people differed there place so they had to go higher up the panel.

Ah right, I just heard a few people differed there place so they had to go higher up the panel.

Yes that’s true , they took 38 but 1 or 2 deferred until next class but there was still 38 regardless. Say they took 39 & 40 because 2 deferred .

Cheers for the info Butcher. So you reckon it won't be rushed this time and could be pushed back a bit. Sure if we're still in lockdown in Feb what can ya do.

Do you know if medical comes first then physical?

The union want recruits, it’s all in dcc hands. I’ve know idea when the class will be , if I was to guess I’d say it’d start in may . COVID needs to die down though. With the amount of staff out at the moment they couldn’t get enough lads out to be instructors as well ye know . They’re needed on station for now.

Medical first then physical. The last class was rushed in without the physical completed . They did half of it and finished it in the first few weeks of recruits training . Apparently it’s a far easier physical test than previous so happy days. The old cpat was a very intense 5 mins running with equipment.

They things are you lads could get contacted out of the blue someday when you least expect it . I hope you lads can start in the summer . I know it’s not nice waiting to be called but keep the head down and try not think about it because when you do get in it takes over your life for a long 6 months. Firefighter training then straight into paramedics course

Yes that’s true , they took 38 but 1 or 2 deferred until next class but there was still 38 regardless. Say they took 39 & 40 because 2 deferred .

Ah right thats grand, im in the 80s so it will be close for me for this class, just depneding on if more people defer it or not.

Ah right thats grand, im in the 80s so it will be close for me for this class, just depneding on if more people defer it or not.

You might be ok as there’s not that many escs left to join the recruit classes. They should have 48 in total including escs . It just depends on how many of them they’ll release

• Advertisement

The union want recruits, it’s all in dcc hands. I’ve know idea when the class will be , if I was to guess I’d say it’d start in may . COVID needs to die down though. With the amount of staff out at the moment they couldn’t get enough lads out to be instructors as well ye know . They’re needed on station for now.

Medical first then physical. The last class was rushed in without the physical completed . They did half of it and finished it in the first few weeks of recruits training . Apparently it’s a far easier physical test than previous so happy days. The old cpat was a very intense 5 mins running with equipment.

They things are you lads could get contacted out of the blue someday when you least expect it . I hope you lads can start in the summer . I know it’s not nice waiting to be called but keep the head down and try not think about it because when you do get in it takes over your life for a long 6 months. Firefighter training then straight into paramedics course

Just a waiting game now but you know yourself been a long year and just eager to get going! Its on the way that's the main thing!

Hopefully we're all keeping busy running around a 5k radius of our homes.

I heard the old testing was far harder, im not giving out about that anyway! Keep some of the energy for training ðŸ‘

Advertisement