Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

TheButcher wrote: »
    You might be ok as there’s not that many escs left to join the recruit classes. They should have 48 in total including escs . It just depends on how many of them they’ll release

Is there not another 10 esqs for the next class?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Thom_hemp

I am sitting at 80 on the panel but haven't heard anything. Really hoping to make it the second class.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 lunanambuna

Thom_hemp wrote: »
    I am sitting at 80 on the panel but haven't heard anything. Really hoping to make it the second class.

You might be in with a shout. Just stay positive about it. Hopefully some might defer or not want it now and get you in the door

If they take another 38 off the panel it goes to #74, if some have already deferred like The Butcher says it brings it to #76. If there's less esqs also brings it up higher!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Carter 212

You might be in with a shout. Just stay positive about it. Hopefully some might defer or not want it now and get you in the door

If they take another 38 off the panel it goes to #74, if some have already deferred like The Butcher says it brings it to #76. If there's less esqs also brings it up higher!

You're right let's stay positive and keep the eye on the prize it will come eventually.
    If they recruit another 38 it goes to #76 but if 2 deffered from last time then it will hit #78 and if there are more deferals/less escs then it will go into the #80s. So ladies/gents in the early to mid #80s still in with a shot.
    Lets hope cases drop fast and the next class starts this half of 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

kingstevii wrote: »
    Is there not another 10 esqs for the next class?

There’s about 8-10 between 2 classes I think . Haven’t been in there in a while .

• Advertisement

Ye so one lad who didn’t take the 1st class was an esc who applied externally and he decided to wait and join the class when he’s called from the room & also a lad swapped up from cork so there’s 2 lads gone from the panel .

I think at the maximum they’ll take between 38-45 from the panel . Then add the escs on . The only thing is that they might take all the escs out . If I hear anything solid I’ll post it

Ye so one lad who didn’t take the 1st class was an esc who applied externally and he decided to wait and join the class when he’s called from the room & also a lad swapped up from cork so there’s 2 lads gone from the panel .

I think at the maximum they’ll take between 38-45 from the panel . Then add the escs on . The only thing is that they might take all the escs out . If I hear anything solid I’ll post it

So if 2 lads gone from the panel does that mean peoples order of merit decreases in their favour? For example if you were originally oom #50 then you are now #48 and stand a better chance of getting next class?

Carter 212 wrote: »
    So if 2 lads gone from the panel does that mean peoples order of merit decreases in their favour? For example if you were originally oom #50 then you are now #48 and stand a better chance of getting next class?

Yes I believe so . You could always email dcc to ask your new position on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DevonKE13

Yes I believe so . You could always email dcc to ask your new position on the panel

This isn't actually a bad idea at all! Anybody do it - out of curiosity? Zero point in me doing it atm!

I hope ye all get in asap lads and ladies. Keep the faith

Spoke with dcc and was told they got up to 42 on the panel. oom on panel doesnt change so if they take 38 from panel next it will go to place 80 and if less escs or some deferr place it will go higher again. With the way Covid is going who knows when next class will be brought in. Hope that helps and fingers crossed for next class to be brought in ASAP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Whats the story in control with all the ESC's who are now out or due out? Did they have to pull lad's in from stations to replace them? iirc there wasn't that big a panel left from the last ESC recruitment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

An ERCC class started Monday gone. There are ESCs due out into the next recruit class. This is a good sign that they are preparing for them to progress into FF class during summer most probably. Last years recruit class was run during the pandemic so no reason why they won’t this year once things are better. All ESCs in current ERCC class are/where operational FF. There is no current ERCC panel to draw from.

Grahamfire wrote: »
    An ERCC class started Monday gone. There are ESCs due out into the next recruit class. This is a good sign that they are preparing for them to progress into FF class during summer most probably. Last years recruit class was run during the pandemic so no reason why they won’t this year once things are better. All ESCs in current ERCC class are/where operational FF. There is no current ERCC panel to draw from.

What is an ERCC class? Can ERCC get picked for FF class or is it just escs and then the panel? Also do you have any idea how many escs are due out in the next class? Will it be 10 like first class? Thanks

What is an ERCC class? Can ERCC get picked for FF class or is it just escs and then the panel? Also do you have any idea how many escs are due out in the next class? Will it be 10 like first class? Thanks

Ercc is eastern region control centre (DFB ctrl room). Escs work there along side firefighter paramedics. Only escs transfer out to next class. There’s 12 escs left to leave the ercc. Think 8 or 9 in the next class

Ercc is eastern region control centre (DFB ctrl room). Escs work there along side firefighter paramedics. Only escs transfer out to next class. There’s 12 escs left to leave the ercc. Think 8 or 9 in the next class

I get you now thanks for the clarification . So I'm assuming the 8 or 9 escs in next class have their time done in control room to join next class and the other 3 or 4 don't is that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Dazzer32

I heard today that its to the point that the chief just has to sign off on the class starting so should be very soon lads and lassies !! They are really short staffed as you could imagine and are crying out for new recruits but like everything in this world its about the dollar . Im number 74 on the panel so fingers crossed ill be in this class its looking good by what people are saying on this thread my big bro is 50 odd so would love to be training with him and i've had enough of the poxy building sites too haha

I get you now thanks for the clarification . So I'm assuming the 8 or 9 escs in next class have their time done in control room to join next class and the other 3 or 4 don't is that right.

Ye the 9 have their time done & are due out in next class, the other 3 still have time left in the room

Dazzer32 wrote: »
    I heard today that its to the point that the chief just has to sign off on the class starting so should be very soon lads and lassies !! They are really short staffed as you could imagine and are crying out for new recruits but like everything in this world its about the dollar . Im number 74 on the panel so fingers crossed ill be in this class its looking good by what people are saying on this thread my big bro is 50 odd so would love to be training with him and i've had enough of the poxy building sites too haha

If they take the same size class as the last class then you’ll be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

How are yous finding training/keeping fit with the gyms being closed?

Dooj wrote: »
    How are yous finding training/keeping fit with the gyms being closed?

Getting through it but I'd rather gyms open ha. Diet is key trying to keep or get to a healthy weight. I find it annoying as there's no time frame as to when they will recruit so there's no date to work towards as a goal

• Advertisement

Getting through it but I'd rather gyms open ha. Diet is key trying to keep or get to a healthy weight. I find it annoying as there's no time frame as to when they will recruit so there's no date to work towards as a goal

Best advice I can give you lads is to be cardio fit ... it’s key for getting through the course & enjoying it more than you would if you can’t run . If you’re cardio fit and really strong then it’s a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Yes 100% get you! If i was told its 10 weeks or 20 weeks away it would be better for target. Its so close 🀞🀞

Cheers butcher will defo work on all aspects. Wel get there soon I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ON123

Seems paramedic exams booked in for DFB for end of November 21 again on PHECC calendar, so more than likely working backwards a potential start date in mid summer maybe ?

ON123 wrote: »
    Seems paramedic exams booked in for DFB for end of November 21 again on PHECC calendar, so more than likely working backwards a potential start date in mid summer maybe ?

That’s great news , mcq & osce booked in for end November. Counting back it looks like month of may start date . 17 weeks fire training & 12 week paramedics

That’s great news , mcq & osce booked in for end November. Counting back it looks like month of may start date . 17 weeks fire training & 12 week paramedics

That's great its looking up now........ But could that be just booked in provisionally or generically by PHEC?

Happy Days! Great news to hear on a Friday & thanks for the heads up!

3 months is no time nowadays sure they all seem to roll into one!

I'm sure we're all raring to go

That's great its looking up now........ But could that be just booked in provisionally or generically by PHEC?

No Negatives Carter! We're in like Flynn, its happening! I don't even know what provisionally or generically mean?? They didn't ask in the interview :)

No Negatives Carter! We're in like Flynn, its happening! I don't even know what provisionally or generically mean?? They didn't ask in the interview :)

My bad it's just public sector and don't wanna get my hopes up cause anything csn happen. I'm very much praying for it to be soon though ha

• Advertisement

Ye it could just be provisional & is open to change but fingers crossed .

Advertisement