Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

I was only about to say the same thing. Going back on the past posts it unfortunate you didn't make the panel and I reckon if you did you wouldn't be such a Gordon Ramsey about it.

I’ve heard it straight from the horses mouth from a former employee now dfb from esti

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭UniquePatch

kingstevii wrote: »
    You really are a bitter Benny! :D

From what I’ve heard and my opinion stop being a snowflake goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Dooj

Thom_hemp wrote: »
    Does anyonone know where the panel has been called to so far with deferrals, I know at least number 77 got the email yesterday

I think they went to 78 but definitely 77

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭TheButcher

Long 6/7 months course lads so enjoy the time before it .

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

Edgod83 wrote: »
    If there are no escs going into the class, why not put 48 from the panel in?
    This panel is gonna be cut and I'm not gonna get in, only 74 gone off a panel of 160 after 2 years, that's crazy.

They only ever not used a full panel once so I wouldn’t worry. I’m 146 on the panel and I’ve reassured that I will be called at some stage 100%!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 lunanambuna

Good luck to all doing the medicals over the next few weeks and well done to the absolute Unit who broke the leg strength machine today!

Thanks, You've now set the bar high for us all!! Hahahaha #therearenomoreweights

• Registered Users Posts: 1 exguan7

I'm number 81 it hurts even more to be so close haha! Hoping early next year I'll get the shout! Unrelated but I saw someone talking about the airport fire service. Does anyone know where they advertise when they're recruiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ON123

The medicals handy enough ?

ON123 wrote: »

The physical and medical are handy :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

ON123 wrote: »
    Medicals taking 2 - 2.5 hours. ECG, eyesight, colour blindness, hearing , urine and blood tests, step test.

Fairly comprehensive

• Advertisement

Medicals taking 2 - 2.5 hours. ECG, eyesight, colour blindness, hearing , urine and blood tests, step test.

Fairly comprehensive

The last class didn’t get any ecg unless someone was really unfit and struggling on the step test and no blood tests either . But they got the rest on your list . Unless they’re doing them now but I doubt it . It’s easy and the new physical test is simple aswell so don’t worry. Couple of minutes on a treadmill, crawl through a tunnel and lifting a few light weights .

TheButcher wrote: »
    The last class didn’t get any ecg unless someone was really unfit and struggling on the step test and no blood tests either . But they got the rest on your list . Unless they’re doing them now but I doubt it . It’s easy and the new physical test is simple aswell so don’t worry. Couple of minutes on a treadmill, crawl through a tunnel and lifting a few light weights .

As I said

As I said

If you’re getting ecg & bloods it’s unfair as last class didn’t get them .

TheButcher wrote: »
    If you’re getting ecg & bloods it’s unfair as last class didn’t get them .

Correction, no ECG but definitely bloods taken

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

Is the step test done at the medical or the physical examination?

They have a heart rate monitor attached doing the step test this medical. No ECG though. Was a quick enough turn around about an hour and a half in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ON123

Do you find out everything was passed on the day ?

Timtam2020 wrote: »

Medical you'll do step test, physical is Chesterman treadmill.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Timtam2020

Medical you'll do step test, physical is Chesterman treadmill.

That’s very much... anyone how long after the medical till you find out if you passed?

That’s very much... anyone how long after the medical till you find out if you passed?

You'll find out day of. If you get a few injections too you'll know you'd have passed a bit earlier than the doctor telling you

• Advertisement

At the medical

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Dant1986

If they're up to 78 on the panel then that's 37 per class so if 37 is called for the next class thats 115 so how can you possibly be guaranteed a spot when your 145 on panel? Doesn't make any sense, I'm 125 on panel and I highly doubt il be getting a call as the numbers aren't looking good

craig_b wrote: »
    They only ever not used a full panel once so I wouldn’t worry. I’m 146 on the panel and I’ve reassured that I will be called at some stage 100%!

If they're up to 78 on the panel then that's 37 per class so if 37 is called for the next class thats 115 so how can you possibly be guaranteed a spot when your 145 on panel? Doesn't make any sense, I'm 125 on panel and I highly doubt il be getting a call as the numbers aren't looking good

I believe they are up to no.83 on the panel as some deferred or declined the offer. The class is 36.
    You will be called as the panel life is 3 years. Hold tight
    Dant1986 wrote: »

I believe they are up to no.83 on the panel as some deferred or declined the offer. The class is 36.
    You will be called as the panel life is 3 years. Hold tight

But lads that deferred the offer just go into next class and still pushes me further out its still 37 per class so far so even of the took 48 in next class which I doubt they will that would be around the 124 mark on panel so if I'm lucky il scrape in by the skin of my teeth but very unlikely.

And I know the panel is active for 3 years and 2022 is the last year so one more class and its gone so I don't think anyone past around 123 has a hope unfortunately the numbers just don't add up

But lads that deferred the offer just go into next class and still pushes me further out its still 37 per class so far so even of the took 48 in next class which I doubt they will that would be around the 124 mark on panel so if I'm lucky il scrape in by the skin of my teeth but very unlikely.

And I know the panel is active for 3 years and 2022 is the last year so one more class and its gone so I don't think anyone past around 123 has a hope unfortunately the numbers just don't add up

I don't see how someone who is 145 was told they would 100 percent be used

The 3 year panel was formed mid January 2020 with a 3 year life until Mid-Jan 2023. DCC often seek to extend panels by one more year.
    There are ongoing discussions regardiing the expansion of DFB into the future which will see the requirement for more personnel.
    Also, there are a lot due to retire over the next few years.
    Its in DCCs interest to exhaust the panel as the recruitment process is expensive.
    Hold tight

Cheers pal hope your right ðŸ‘

So your saying you reckon there will be a fourth class? Because that's my only hope anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

So your saying you reckon there will be a fourth class? Because that's my only hope anyway

I met the chief on the fifth floor today and asked him. He said not a fuxkin hope will there' be a fourth class. Sorry about that!

Advertisement